Thaksin Shinawatra Granted Royal Pardon, Released from Prison Term Immediately

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think Thaksin is heading for a fall.

I suspect a deal was reached with someone I can't name, he agreed to come back, have no involvement with politics and spend time with his family.

It's pretty clear that's not what he's doing.

Machinations at this level, move slowly with careful planning.  You do not stick 2 fingers up to someone at this level without being check-mated down the line.

I think you're off-base. Those two have been close for a long time. Thaksin had trouble with the previous one. Perm did all the dirty work. After many decades the puppet master of all puppet masters finally expired. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, DougieMax said:

The decree will apply to a total of about 200,000 people. My guess is that Thailand will now be awash with criminals running freely throughout the country. Still doesn't even compare to the massive numbers of criminals and assorted mental defectives running wild in western countries courtesy of open borders.

Are you combining ALL western countries together, to justify your very biased comment... anyway, this is about our belovered Thailand, can you please keep it relative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aussie999 said:

Are you combining ALL western countries together, to justify your very biased comment... anyway, this is about our belovered Thailand, can you please keep it relative.

It is relative - he made a comparison.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And what relevance and meaning does the two posts above have? His daughter has become the Prime Minister of Thailand, and he totally control the party she is affiliated with. He already holds the best position.

I fail to understand why you needed to make your comment... those comments are still 100% correct.