Pita vows to reform Thailand’s broken political system

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Pita Limjaroenrat represents everything good about Thailand and what Thailand can become. Intelligent, educated and transparent. He is a positive role model for young people. Unlike so many others who were elected to political office, he had experience in running a business, and more importantly in taking a failing business and turning it profitable again through good management practices.  best of  all he was an honest politician, in it for love of his country and of genuinely to effect positive change.

The ruling cabal banned him for a decade in a selfish attempt to protect themselves, but there will be more like Pita in the future. They are trying to hold back progress. The longer they hold it back, the greater the  force for change. Pita is the future and a man of great courage and resolve. 

He is one of my friends 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Big words from someone who is banned from politics and had his party dissolved.

He should worry about himself first if he’ll be jailed or worse come to any bodily harm.

I agree. He's booked in for highly lucrative lecture tours in the US and has been accepted back to Harvard. The captain has left the sunken ship. A career politician.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Pita Limjaroenrat represents everything good about Thailand and what Thailand can become.

That's why it will never work, dinosaurs breed too! There's just TOO much swill in the trough to share it with these educated young upstarts!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Of course he is right BUT its going to be lifetimes before Thailand changes for the better

with a 10 year ban, it will work in his favour, the old ones will be long gone. The young thai generation want a change and this will take 10 to 20 years to happen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I have looked, but I cannot find the answer to this:

Who choses the members of the Constitutional Court now that the military has gone?

google is your friend

Under the 2007 Constitution, the Constitutional Court has nine members, all serving for nine year terms and appointed by the King with senatorial advice: Three are SCJ judges and are selected by the SCJ plenum through secret ballot.

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

After many years of living and working in Thailand  my impression of the way in which the Thai elites regard poor Thais has never changed. They couldn't care less.

Far too many in my home country thinking the same way.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I have looked, but I cannot find the answer to this:

Who choses the members of the Constitutional Court now that the military has gone?

Thai's!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

google is your friend

Under the 2007 Constitution, the Constitutional Court has nine members, all serving for nine year terms and appointed by the King with senatorial advice: Three are SCJ judges and are selected by the SCJ plenum through secret ballot.

I'm not sure how up to date that is. We're into the 2017 constitution now. And does the Senate still have a say?

2 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

In Thailand, might makes right. So, unless he is willing to take up arms against the ruling Elite, he might as well throw in the towel.

Indeed. The ones in power are the ones with the guns and tanks.

A peaceful revolution will never happen. You want the change that you advocate then civil war is inevitable 

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

After many years of living and working in Thailand  my impression of the way in which the Thai elites regard poor Thais has never changed. They couldn't care less.

It’s deep rooted. You can call it the Thai caste system. 
ศักดินา Is the word