No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for biz/first class passengers?

I just saw this article on Loyalty Lobby. No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for business and first class passengers. It seems that they are still keeping Priority immigration for seniors, disabled, pregnant pax, etc.

If Thai Immigration were efficient all the time and not so "hit or miss" regarding waiting times, then no fast track line would be needed. So many times I've arrived and the wait has been over one hour. Admittedly, on rare occassion, I have entered a totally empty immigration arrival hall as first passenger. Unfortunately, it is never possible to predict just what chaos, or otherwise, awaits. A 10-20 minute wait is acceptable but longer than that is not. They should keep fast track.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

If you are over 70

Ok that counts that out then.

The reason i asked is when i fly in if international flight is late arriving sometimes Thai will have a rep usher me to domestic flight.(2.5 hours difference)

If on time and no business fast track it will make it tight as the lines at immigration are normally chockers that time of day.

It depends on what time you land to a large degree.

I have landed early morning on my last three entries into Thailand at BKK airport, at around 8.00am.

I had about a 3 minute wait at immigration, 2 people in front of me.

After lunch time the waiting times increase exponentially.

I know you can't always pick and choose, flights get delayed etc

Someone told me that you could use the priority lane if you were over 70, which I am. I usually fly business class and so use the priority lane with the business class ticket. I guess I can still use the lane now due to my age? 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm glad they ended it ,it was discriminatory 

Having said that ,on my last trip I bought a walking 🏒 from Lazada and walked fast to the checkout then as I got slow I started to use the stick ,then I ended up in fasttrack 

I pretended I was- Brian -then I  thought I could be still kicking ...a still kicking Brian 

If you Travel to/via India being in a wheelchair can take even longer as so many like to use them. IME.

• Like 1

Last time I returned to Thailand (May) I couldn't find the Fast Track channel but the standard lanes were pretty empty so I went through those... Ended up spending longer walking to find Fast Track than it would have been to just go through the 1st Standard channel & when I got to the 2nd one I found I had to walk all the way back because my luggage was on a belt outside that 1st one 😞. 

Can't say I'm happy about this as Fast Track access is more important to me than lounge access (I hate queuing) but in the UK (Manchester anyway) arriving Business/First Class travellers don't have Fast Track unless they use the paid for service either so Thailand isn't alone in doing this.

Edited by Mike Teavee

Agreed that Fast Track on International arrival is not posted well.  Or some employees are not informed of who may use.  Mid April 2024 arrived, looked for signs and attempted to enter around 3.  Told to walk down, then told to walk back, half way Official opened entry for my Retirement Visa entry. Around 10am no queue.

If anyone has photos or detailed description of fast track entry lanes for Long Stay visa holders it would be helpful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

What about Thailand Elite?

Thailand elite is picked up by the arriving  gate, and transported through. Same service as the fast track airport services you could buy before. Not sure they are operative anymore.

They have to suspend it to sort it out, especially the continued abuse by private companies chaperoning people through the diplomatic channel which was quite a scandal a few months ago. EIther they want to monetise it properly, or increase the tea-money..

My credit card is apparently offering me Fast Trak at Suvarnabuhmi on arrival and departure when they introduce DragonPass in a few months..

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

It depends on what time you land to a large degree.

I have landed early morning on my last three entries into Thailand at BKK airport, at around 8.00am.

I had about a 3 minute wait at immigration, 2 people in front of me.

After lunch time the waiting times increase exponentially.

I know you can't always pick and choose, flights get delayed etc

That won't happen at midnight when all of the jumbos from Europe start coming in.

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

does this also include BOI fast track ?

No. As the linked article mentions, 

"There is also a Diplomats/Officials lane, which includes access for travelers with an APEC Business Travel Card and certain Thai Visa holders such as those issued by the Board of Investment."

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

So if no business fast track.

Does a retirement stamp in passport count as long stay to still go thru fast track.

Anyone tried it?

I flash mine to sneak through the Thai passport check.....works every time with or without SWMBO.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

No. As the linked article mentions, 

"There is also a Diplomats/Officials lane, which includes access for travelers with an APEC Business Travel Card and certain Thai Visa holders such as those issued by the Board of Investment."

Nice, thanks.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I just saw this article on Loyalty Lobby. No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for business and first class passengers. It seems that they are still keeping Priority immigration for seniors, disabled, pregnant pax, etc.

If Thai Immigration were efficient all the time and not so "hit or miss" regarding waiting times, then no fast track line would be needed. So many times I've arrived and the wait has been over one hour. Admittedly, on rare occassion, I have entered a totally empty immigration arrival hall as first passenger. Unfortunately, it is never possible to predict just what chaos, or otherwise, awaits. A 10-20 minute wait is acceptable but longer than that is not. They should keep fast track.

Probably Chinese also 

• Confused 1