Immigration Arrests Aussie Smuggling Apple iPhones into Thailand

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They found over 20 Apple iPhones in his bag. Bradshaw claimed he intended to sell them for a profit.

And there goes any hope he had of making something up flew out the window. Should have just made up a receipt and link to someone selling them for $5 on fb and showed the receipt and FB link. He could then claim he was conned into buying something he thought was fake that turned out to be real ! It's horse manure but you could not be prosecuted for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, grain said:

Doesn't make sense. An iphone 16pro 6gb/128 retails in Thailand for 37,000 Bt. And in Australia sells for $1,849, which is approx 43,000 Bt. So he's smuggling iphones into Thailand to sell at a loss of 6000 bt per phone?

Unless the phones fell off the back of a truck!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Read the link I posted for heaven's sake!

I have done that now and thank you for the additional information. Your link was apparently posted two hours after my comment so I don't believe the 'heaven's sake' should apply?

12 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I have done that now and thank you for the additional information. Your link was apparently posted two hours after my comment so I don't believe the 'heaven's sake' should apply?

Sorry, I didn't check time stamps. Point taken, apology offered.

7 hours ago, grain said:

Doesn't make sense. An iphone 16pro 6gb/128 retails in Thailand for 37,000 Bt. And in Australia sells for $1,849, which is approx 43,000 Bt. So he's smuggling iphones into Thailand to sell at a loss of 6000 bt per phone?

No he isn’t. Iphone 16’s have not been released yet 🤷🏼

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grain said:

Moew than likely stolen

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grain said:

Who said he bought them in Australia maybe he picked them up in china!

😂

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I feel like I could walk a donkey through the nothing to declare lane there and nobody would care.

Every time it just looks like 1 or 2 thais sitting around bludging, talkin crap or lookin at there phones.

Everything is screened Now X  rays are downstairs' they are just waiting for Flagged Bags   To appear , I brought makeup to my daughter and Mascara was in these lil pods looked like bullets , I opened it up they were searching for one item only , I offered to open other suit but they said it’s fine 

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

I wonder how much the informant got paid for such a major criminal.

Paid well I think....My guess is the gf who likely emptied his belongings as they carted him off! 

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grain said:

What makes you think that his plan was that daft, where was it reported that he bought them retail in Australia?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why will he be banned for 10 years?  He has a valid visa.

Police Officer at Royal Thai Police 

There are different types of black lists, depending on the crime committed; for example, overstay for 90 days or more, the subject will be on the black list for 5 years. But for other types of crime, the subject can be on the black list up to 10 years. Once that black list is expired, he or she can submit the request to enter the kingdom of Thailand to the Immigration Office. The request will be approved by the committee if there is no other problems.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I feel like I could walk a donkey through the nothing to declare lane there and nobody would care.

Every time it just looks like 1 or 2 thais sitting around bludging, talkin crap or lookin at there phones.

That's the idea...but they're watching.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I realise that but somewhat surprised they needed a tip off from an informant to locate him, one would have thought their immigration systems would have picked him up on re-entry.  And still no timeline.

maybe the beemer is on holiday

9 hours ago, Aviatorhi said:

How do you leave on the UK passport I'd you don't have an entry stamp in it?

I think he means leave on his Aussie passport and reenter on his UK passport. Duh!

12 hours ago, grain said:

fell off the back of a truck mate!

I wonder why  when they are so many phones there allready with a similar price.The only thing I can think is  maybe stolen  from there.If he could unlock them he could sell but i think apple make it impossible to unlock after.Maybe he does not realise the owners  or owner can lock a phone and it is dead to the world.

20 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

But the phones may also be used or, most likely, stolen. If the latter case is true, then well-deserved jail time for the Aussi-Canadian felon.

In 2017 he was arrested under the name of "Ho Wun Howard Lee", an australien music producer, so we should maybe change it to Chinese-Aussi-Canadian felon.

Edited by Xonax
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

......... to step up crime prevention and suppression efforts, especially focusing on crimes committed by foreigners.

Nuff said.

Committing crimes in Thailand, could be an occupation for thais only?

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 8:33 PM, grain said:

Those iPhones were probably stolen or purchased with stolen credit cards.

"However, while the case was still in court, Mr. Bradshaw left the country and was later issued an arrest warrant."

What case was that then? The suitcase? 🙂

If he's left the country, how come he was "issued an arrest warrant"? Maybe should read "a warrant was issued for his arrest"? 

On 8/26/2024 at 8:33 AM, grain said:

I assume they fell off the back of a truck.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:33 AM, grain said:

Dude, he brought in 20 phones!

He'll make it up on volume.