Changwattana

Hi

Has anyone recently done an annual renewal/extension of a Retirement Visa at Changwattana?  Each Immigration office has different rules so I'm just asking about Changwattana (thanks).

I am doing the 800k on deposit as opposed to monthly transfers.

A few questions (if I may)

I can apply up to 45 days (at Changwattana(?
Are they asking for 12-month Bank Statements in addition to each page of the Bank books being copied?

Are they asking for a copy of the most recent 90-day report (TM47)
Any other new requirements at CW

Thanks for the assistance.

20 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

can apply up to 45 days (at Changwattana(?
Are they asking for 12-month Bank Statements in addition to each page of the Bank books being copied?

Yes up to 45 days early.

I personally was asked for 12 month bank statement last 2 extensions.

However others have reported photocopies of bankbook pages sufficient.

I also use funds in bank method.

TM47 definitely required.

Re any other doc: some folk supply TM30. I never have. Note I do provide lease. 

Re other passport page photocopies.

Go downstairs to copy/print places and hand over pp and say "retirement extension" they will copy what you need. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1284163-202223-bkk-cw-retirement-extension-report/ 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1294544-report-extension-non-o-retirement-bank-method-at-cw/

I did one in April. Yes 45 days is ok. I went to the bank in CW and they produced what they said was needed, which was a 12 month statement but not a copy of every page in my bank book, just the front and last pages. And the standard balance letter.  As for the 90 report I can't say, never done one.

@DrJack54  Thanks for the quick reply.  "Re other passport page photocopies" - Other than the main page (photo, details), last year's renewal stamp and most recent entry, what other pages must be copied?

@Upnotover  Thanks for the reply.  Interesting  as I've not read about not having to photocopy each page of the bank book.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I did one in April. Yes 45 days is ok. I went to the bank in CW and they produced what they said was needed, which was a 12 month statement but not a copy of every page in my bank book, just the front and last pages. And the standard balance letter.  As for the 90 report I can't say, never done one.

Just to clarify: so your bank provided a 12 month bank statement "on the spot"? Some banks can do that eg Kasikorn.

Others eg BBL cannot.

Re 90 day report a TM47 will be required for anyone that has been continuously for 90 days 

5 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

Other than the main page (photo, details), last year's renewal stamp and most recent entry, what other pages must be copied?

Thinking that covers it. As I posted the print joints lower level know exactly what is required. 

BTW re banking ...when same level you obtain bank letter to confirm ownership of account make a small deposit to show activity. 

8 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

.  Interesting  as I've not read about not having to photocopy each page of the bank book

Many folks at CW only require photocopies of bank book pages to show compliance.

In my case two months had no activity and was made to provide 12 month statement.

Strange as the previous 10 extensions with some months no activity I had no issue. 

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to clarify: so your bank provided a 12 month bank statement "on the spot"? Some banks can do that eg Kasikorn.

Others eg BBL cannot.

Re 90 day report a TM47 will be required for anyone that has been continuously for 90 days 

Yes it was Kasikorn. And they also knew which pages of the bank book I would need and provided them.  I'm attempting a 90 day stay for the first time ever right now (CoR for driving license) so will bear that in mind next year, managed 7 days so far this time.

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

Yes it was Kasikorn. And they also knew which pages of the bank book I would need and provided them.  I'm attempting a 90 day stay for the first time ever right now (CoR for driving license) so will bear that in mind next year, managed 7 days so far this time.

Perhaps this is helpful tip

I needed to renew my TDL and as result needed COR. 

There is no appointment option for COR at CW.

If your 90 day report window is open you can make appointment for TM47 and the lady at first two reentry permit desks (for appointments) will do the report then process the COR application. 

You need show both applications to que desk and they add note to ticket both applications.

Edit: not sure you mentioned CW.

Will leave post to assist others. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps this is helpful tip

I needed to renew my TDL and as result needed COR. 

There is no appointment option for COR at CW.

If your 90 day report window is open you can make appointment for TM47 and the lady at first two reentry permit desks (for appointments) will do the report then process the COR application. 

You need show both applications to que desk and they add note to ticket both applications.

Edit: not sure you mentioned CW.

Will leave post to assist others. 

Yes CW.  Thanks for that, it's logged in my diary for November.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Yes CW.  Thanks for that, it's logged in my diary for November.

As you would be aware. The COR is mailed out and costs 200b.

They state up to 2 weeks however most often ~5 days

• Thanks 1

I did retirement extension (800k bank method) at CW early May. Only handed in TM.7, bank letter, copy of bankbook pages covering previous 13 months or so (plus cover page), copy of last TM.47 and hand-drawn map of apartment location. Nothing else asked. So in my case no 12-month bank statement or TM.30 were required. May depend on your situation or even the person handling your application.

14 hours ago, Finlaco said:

@DrJack54  Thanks for the quick reply.  "Re other passport page photocopies" - Other than the main page (photo, details), last year's renewal stamp and most recent entry, what other pages must be copied?

@Upnotover  Thanks for the reply.  Interesting  as I've not read about not having to photocopy each page of the bank book.  Thanks

It's been a few years since I used CW, but back then they required a photocopy of the original Non Immigrant visa. 

11 minutes ago, Sophon said:

It's been a few years since I used CW, but back then they required a photocopy of the original Non Immigrant visa. 

If you have obtained a new pp since the original non O then they accept reference to it in new pp.

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have obtained a new pp since the original non O then they accept reference to it in new pp.

I know that, but neither was mentioned in the question from the OP or in the reply from other posters.

16 hours ago, Finlaco said:

I did mine within the past month at CW using 800k method and with a KBank book. I noticed if there are no cumulative entries in the book, which are categorized with a B001 label in the right column of the book for the past year, then the book contains all credit/withdrawl/bal information for the year which may include months of no activity whatsoever, so no statement is needed. If B001 entries are in your book, a statement is needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Finlaco said:

I always include this and have never had it handed back. My logic is that for Bt200 why not have it rather than not have it and maybe be asked for it - important if you bank with SCB or any other bank with no branch at CW.

I am going for Non O retirement extension soon. Have not received TM 47 for a year because of travel (before 90 days) and 4 month stay in home country. Also have new address here on current stay which started at end of May. I don’t have TM 47 slip from a year ago….is this a problem ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Finlaco said:

A few questions (if I may)

I can apply up to 45 days (at Changwattana(?

I don't understand the first question: "I can apply up to 45 days (at Changwattana(?"

I Extended my Retirement VISA in February and I have a check-list with the list of documents I had to submit. The TM.47 is not among them (the Immigration has all our VISA records online nowadays). Also, the TM.30 mentioned in the check-list is not strictly required. I ask the landlord to issue a new one to make sure my status is up to date before I apply for the extension (or do my 90 days report).

All the forms were handed to me at the counter, and it took forever to fill them. Next February I plan to show up with all the forms prefilled. They can be conveniently downloaded (all but one).

I don't know if anything changed since February 2024.

CHECK LIST THAI RETIREMENT VISA 1.jpg

CHECK LIST THAI RETIREMENT VISA 2.jpg

Edited by AndreasHG
  • Haha 1

I always get the bank letter and update the passbook. 

I can confirm that both Kasikorn and Krungsri at CW will provide the letters while you wait. 

In this order, I usually transfer a bit into the account in the car on the way. Then when I get there, I:

Book the queue

Update the book

Order the letter

Go get copies

Pick up the letter

Get a coffee at S & P

Wait 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I don’t have TM 47 slip from a year ago….is this a problem ?

Think about what you are saying! The IO will only be wanting to see a TM47 if when you visit the IO you have stayed more than 90 days in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

The TM.47 is not among them (the Immigration has all our VISA records online nowadays). Also, the TM.30 mentioned in the check-list is not strictly required.

Very surprised you did not need to supply TM47 receipt. 

I have never provided a TM30 at CM for annual extensions (retirement) 

22 hours ago, Upnotover said:

The 12 month statement takes about 5 working days to obtain. Bank at CW only gives you bank balance confirmation on the same day. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Very surprised you did not need to supply TM47 receipt. 

I have never provided a TM30 at CM for annual extensions (retirement) 

As I mentioned, the TM.30 is not required. I ask the landlord to send me a copy of the TM.30 to make sure it is updated. I don't know what happens to my address registration when I stay in a hotel in Thailand or a leave the country for a trip overseas.

With regards to the TM.47, in February the officer did not ask for a physical proof. I did my previous 90 days report online and the officer had digital access to it. 

Just now, Letseng said:

The 12 month statement takes about 5 working days to obtain. Bank at CW only gives you bank balance confirmation on the same day. 

What bank? I never needed the 12-month statement, but I got it (and the letter) once at Krungsri took ten minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What bank? I never needed the 12-month statement, but I got it (and the letter) once at Krungsri took ten minutes. 

BBL do not supply 12 month bank statement on the spot.

Other banks (most) do. 

7 minutes ago, AndreasHG said:

With regards to the TM.47, in February the officer did not ask for a physical proof. I did my previous 90 days report online and the officer had digital access to it.

My last 2 extensions at CW required TM47 receipt both at document check and again by io. 

(I use appointment option)

Just now, DrJack54 said:

My last 2 extensions at CW required TM47 receipt both at document check and again by io. 

I just fold the receipt and keep in the cheap plastic passport cover. 

• Confused 1