Do you still see girls in bars which you would consider as girlfriend/wife?

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About bargirls. 

When I wrote this and when I talk about the idea of making a bargirl your girlfriend, I don't think about all bargirls. Obviously, many of them are definitely no girlfriend material.

Having said that, there are always new girls who just started. Or girls who worked for a few weeks or months and who realize that they should stop with that job before it's too late.

So, if I would look for a girlfriend in a bar, then at least 80% of them would automatically be excluded, because they work already for too long in that job.

The advantages of bars are that there are so many girls. In one night/day, it is easy to see a thousand girls. And when I say "see" this means seeing them in detail from a meter or two away, their whole body and face. Not just a photoshopped image from the time they were young and pretty.

So, a bar is definitely not the best place to meet a girl. But considering the alternatives, it is definitely also not the worst place.

I've met some very friendly and decent Thai girls ... where? Either behind the counter or shopping at 7-11. How can I do this? Because when I first came to Thailand I started taking Thai language classes. I can speak some Thai. Something a unbelieveable amount of expats never take the time to do. I probably will never have a Thai GF, because even though I can speak some Thai it is not enough to have meaningful conversation.

Also, regarding meeting girls. people in bars tend to drink. I personally don't like drunk people and if I'm after a girl I don't want to speak with her while she's half in the bag. Nah, wrong idea my friend for a guy like me. Any place OTHER than a bar gives a better chance to meet a decent woman. Anywhere in the world.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/2/2024 at 11:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you think about this? If you are not against the concept of having a gf from a bar, do you still see some or many girls which you would consider girlfriend material?

Again, to make this clear, I am sure many of the girls would not be interested in me, even if I wanted them. I know that. But my point is still: There are almost no nice girls in the bars anymore, independent of the fact if they would want me. How about you?

I still see some few, for me attractive, young girls in the nightlife; but agree, most of them I see are also around 30 or more, and if not plump then with (way too) many tattoos.

Unfortunately, it's much harder to get the few young girls around 20 to smile back, than it was 20-years ago...😟 –perhaps I've reached a stage, where I need to show my money, to be attractive "handsum"...:whistling:

• Like 1

"Do you still see girls in bars which you would consider as girlfriend/wife?"

No. Anyone rich enough to keep me in the manner to which I wish to become accustomed is not working in a bar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There can be nothing more pleasant than a whacking out a good Gurfurgle with a twenty-something cute, Thai girl from just about anywhere.......... providing that as an old guy, your GF/wife, whatever is no longer around.

Of course, like all of you, I look at beautiful girls or women. It is man's most time-consuming pastime. 

But I also know that the hurt I would cause to my current wife, (should I stray.......), would be heartbreaking, in that I would cheat on her like that.

I just couldn't do it. 

I also know that if my current wife were to stray, I would be forgiving and head straight out to shag the living daylights out of whichever young cutie gave me the  opportunity!

'IF'.................I could still get it up!

Or, 'IF' the adorable young cutie - would even contemplate such a monstrous idea!

15 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I also know that if my current wife were to stray, I would be forgiving and head straight out to shag the living daylights out of whichever young cutie gave me the  opportunity!

That reminds me of my gf accusing me of having sex is one cute girl we both knew.

Until then, I didn't do anything with that girl.

But after all those accusations and all that stress, I thought: If I have to suffer then I should do it... 

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2024 at 10:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my gf in a bar, many years ago. At that time, it seemed almost everybody met their girlfriends in bars - at least the people I know personally.

I am not looking for a new gf, but I have to admit from time to time I play that game: what if. What if my gf would have a deadly accident and I would be single again and looking for a new girl.

Would I look in a bar? Any other specific places? Online?

What kind of girl/women would I look for? Similar to what my gf was when I met her many years ago? Similar how she was recently? Something completely different?

In a way I would like to have another one similar to what my gf used to be. Young, cute, innocent, happy enjoying life.

Apart from the big issue if such a girl would want me, it seems to me there are not many young, cute, innocent girls around anymore. For the sake of this thread, let's say >= 20 years old.

Maybe once a week I go with a friend through a couple of bars in Nana. And what do I see? Mostly fat girls who are nearer to 30 than 20, many over 30. Most of them are a little or a lot overweight. And very few give me the impression that they are just nice girls. I think years ago there were plenty of nice girls in the bars. Now, not anymore.

Obviously, my vision and perception changed with age, experience, etc. I am also not as horny anymore, so the "wow, I want her" situations don't happen much anymore.

But all in all, I think there are just not many attractive girls in the bars anymore.

Sometimes I still see cute waitresses in restaurants, nice girls in 7/11, etc. But in the bars? Seldom, very seldom.

What do you think about this? If you are not against the concept of having a gf from a bar, do you still see some or many girls which you would consider girlfriend material?

Again, to make this clear, I am sure many of the girls would not be interested in me, even if I wanted them. I know that. But my point is still: There are almost no nice girls in the bars anymore, independent of the fact if they would want me. How about you?

I guess all the hotties are going independent on onlyfans or married off to westerners..they have more ops now hot and from out on in the stix.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I guess all the hotties are going independent on onlyfans or married off to westerners..they have more ops now hot and from out on in the stix.

This is it, with Insta, facebook, dating sites, the attractive young Thai girl now has a plethora of options. One is indeed Only fans. I did meet one of those girls, she did unspeakable things on Only fans.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, StandardIssue said:

Also, regarding meeting girls. people in bars tend to drink. I personally don't like drunk people and if I'm after a girl I don't want to speak with her while she's half in the bag. Nah, wrong idea my friend for a guy like me. Any place OTHER than a bar gives a better chance to meet a decent woman. Anywhere in the world.

For your type, 100% agree.  Not the case for many men here.  Even for them I think their odds of finding a good match is better outside of the bars  that exist today (nothing like 25-30 years ago). 

I haven't been to bars in many years but there were always plenty of women that were only mild drinkers and never drunk.  Every bar had the annoying drunk girls and many men gravitate towards them.  That high pitched inauthentic laugh can be  annoying.

Think the OP is missing bygone times and knows finding a good women in a bar would be nearly impossible.  

Things have changed around the world by smart phones. No more sitting in net cafes for chatting over night. Too many apps now and no need to rush. They pick the best match or best milky ones. Less attractive girls hanging around, they find what they want in their smartphones. 
20 years ago the only way to get know a man was staying with him for a while, but now they want to know everything before even 1st meeting. 

Things have changed around the world by smart phones. No more sitting in net cafes for chatting over night. Too many apps now and no need to rush. They pick the best match or best milky ones. Less attractive girls hanging around, they find what they want in their smartphones. 
20 years ago the only way to get know a man was staying with him for a while, but now they want to know everything before even 1st meeting. 

Do they have trannies work regular gogo bars or is that split to tranny bars ?

Do you guys ever have to ask a chick if she is a tranny if you are straight in these gogo's ?

Do they or the mamas tell you immediately they are tranny etc ?

I'd not like to find out by surprise myself personally...

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2024 at 6:06 PM, RSD1 said:

I haven't gone inside any of the gogo bars in nearly 20 years, but maybe Soi Cowboy has younger girls compared to Nana. Somebody else who goes to these places may be able to confirm that. 

I don't know, but I suspect the younger girls now go right onto some of those "dating sites" to find a walking ATM there. Thus, many of the young ones probably don't end up in bars anymore. So perhaps what you are seeing in gogo bars are the old maids who have been doing it for 15-20 years already, since they were also young, and are now too old for the dating sites. 

I have never understood the term, "a walking ATM".

The girls working in bars are prostitutes working for money, and the guys can't find a girlfriend in the 'normal' way ay so they hire a prostitute bar girl, some keep them long term as long as they continue to pay for them, and maybe the girl's family as well.

They mix with other guys who also have bar girls as partners so it seems normal to them, they think this is the standard Thai way of doing things.

We guys and Thai women who have met 'normal' partners through business or work etc or while at university etc do not mix with bar girls or with the farangs who are with such girls and know that way of life is not at all standard.

"Standard" Thai women hate bar girls and would not go anywhere near them. 

It is no different to the rich Arabs who frequent prostitutes in London, they come to think all Western women are prostitutes, I suppose the difference is that they are not stupid enough to marry them. 

I do laugh at the many stories I have heard where these farangs are ripped off by the bar girls, it serves them right. 

I had a friend who owned a restaurant in Phuket, he had friends who owned girly bars and he used to tell me some of the stories he was told, for example, there were three guys sat at a large girly bar, and none of them knew each other and did not talk to each other, they had each been told separately that their girlfriend had to go back to Issan as the father was sick, the truth was she was with boyfriend number four for the next two weeks, they had all been sending her money each month so she did not have to work in a bar as she told them she was now only working there as the cashier.  🤣

Edited by JamesPhuket10
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/2/2024 at 4:46 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe once a week I go with a friend through a couple of bars in Nana ...

But all in all, I think there are just not many attractive girls in the bars anymore.

"I go with a friend through a couple of bars in Nana ..."

You may need to expand your horizons in order to decide whether there are any attractive girls around, there's more than two bars in Bangkok!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Define whore.

Is any woman who wants a rich guy or a guy who earns a lot of money a whore?

Or is she only one if she charges per night instead of marrying the guy and expecting big money while she is married and in case they get divorced?

Ah, that every woman is a wh0re argument you hear so often over here.

1 hour ago, XB12X said:

Ah, that every woman is a wh0re argument you hear so often over here.

So how do you call women who are only interested in rich guys or guys who make a ton of money?

Gold diggers?

Many women want guys with money, some want the money right away, some can wait a little longer. But the principle is the same: They want money.

And yes, there are also some women who don't care much about money.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of my gf accusing me of having sex is one cute girl we both knew.

Until then, I didn't do anything with that girl.

But after all those accusations and all that stress, I thought: If I have to suffer then I should do it... 

Are you sure that your gf is not reading this?

On 9/2/2024 at 6:18 PM, RSD1 said:

OK, then that answers it. Personally, not sure how anyone can even sit in any of those places anymore. Some were good back in the early nineties, but to me they now seem so loud (with bad music), boring and depressing. Are people also still smoking cigarettes inside those places?

No, we're not.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:57 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I never tried online dating. I might be wrong, but I don't think I would like it.

The reason is the chemistry - for lack of a better word.

Show me 100 pictures of girls and I might pick 10 who I think look the way I want. And then? Look is just one thing. I wouldn't want to meet them and 5 min later I know already that I am not interested - and for them it's maybe the same.

In a bar I see maybe 50 girls on stage. I seldom pick the best-looking girl. How do they move? Do they look at me? Do they smile? A few minutes just looking at them, without talking, filters already most of them out - often including many of the good-looking girls. And maybe suddenly one of the not top looking girls makes a good impression.

Add a drink and a few minutes of conversation, and there is another big part where I know: This is not what I want.

Fine, no problem, let's go to the next bar.

With online dating and chats and meetings that process would be very different. I don't think I would like it.

Dating is not what one does in a gogo bar, a beer bar or online. It's all about getting laid/paid.

Chemistry is something you study in school.

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2024 at 7:21 PM, RSD1 said:

That's actually a smart move. The best looking ones are in high demand, therefore will likely be less responsive and less enjoyable to be around. Plus, they will usually have more mileage on them than the ones who aren't the best looking. The top girls could be turning multiple tricks per night versus the other ones who may not get taken out so often and could prove to be more pleasurable to spend time with. 

And a starfish is still that, a starfish.

It's just the cost that matters.

On 9/2/2024 at 8:43 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

You got that wrong. She was already 16. 😉

And considering the fact that I am also already a little older by now, I accept girls 20 - 25. I even met once a 27-year-old girl who I liked a lot.

"...already a little older by now..."

LOL