Global YouTuber IShowSpeed Crashes Tuk-Tuk into Temple Wall, During Livestream

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

The problem with this modern world is that maroons like this can do anything they want and people give them money.

According to CelebrityNetWorth, his combined ventures in gaming, streaming, and rapping have landed Darren Watkins Jr., or IShowSpeed, a total net worth of $10 million. 

Is that why governments take money, to control the temperature of the planet!?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What's wrong with this world?

Point taken. Seems to me there's a lot of folks (mainly younger) who want something different from life, see nothing of value any more from current  political processes, and mainstream social attitudes, nothing of value in terms of society as a support mechanism where needed so they follow alternatives. 

But I'm not sure their alternative produces much. 

• Agree 2

I thought that driving a tuk-tuk was something reserved for Thai nationals only.  I hope the full force of the law is brought down against this maroon.

I also recall that a few months ago someone was charged with violation of the Protection of Historic Sites Act for damaging a temple wall and faced a maximum imprisonment term of 7 years if found guilty and/or a 700,000 baht fine.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/03/30/graffiti-lese-majeste/

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I thought that driving a tuk-tuk was something reserved for Thai nationals only.  I hope the full force of the law is brought down against this maroon.

Erm...  really - thats your take away ???...  Driving a TukTuks is reserved for Thai Nationals only? - its not by the way..  Foreigners can drive a TukTuk if its a private conveyance and taxed etc....

Though obviously very daft and dangerous to others with his initial behavior - his response to take accountability will likely see him get away with this.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I also recall that a few months ago someone was charged with violation of the Protection of Historic Sites Act for damaging a temple wall and faced a maximum imprisonment term of 7 years if found guilty and/or a 700,000 baht fine.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/03/30/graffiti-lese-majeste/

That was vandalism..  where was an 'accident / incident', albeit a very stupid accident / incident...    the comparison is rather different... 

1 hour ago, AsiaCheese said:

We have so much to learn from today's intelligencia, the YouTubers with an urge to prove to the world that they can be more stupid than the scale permits.

Haven't we all done stupid things in the past when young ????

We use to pay the TukTuk drivers a little extra and go into an empty car park and have a go...   It was great fun, although, with the benefit of hindsight also stupid. 

Thats not suggesting what this guy did was right at all, just that he is being heavily condemned on here for doing stupid shyite, when plenty of us have also done stupid shyite in our younger years -

Are we just jealous that he's making millions for doing stupid stuff while we had to work ????

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Point taken. Seems to me there's a lot of folks (mainly younger) who want something different from life, see nothing of value any more from current  political processes, and mainstream social attitudes, nothing of value in terms of society as a support mechanism where needed so they follow alternatives. 

But I'm not sure their alternative produces much. 

Would the recognize value if they would see it?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

It is expected that he will compensate for any damage to both the temple and the tuk-tuk.

The police are working out the compensation package as we speak   :

aha ....    ok,   the new tuk tuk will be 480,000  baht and the new Temple will be 870,000 baht ..

so Mr Influencer, your compensation bill comes to  1,350,000  baht  ...

Tuk Tuk  :   480,000

Temple   :   870,000

---------------

total          1,350,000  baht      :goof:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

aha ....    ok,   the new tuk tuk will be 480,000  baht and the new Temple will be 870,000 baht ..

---------------

total          1,350,000  baht      :goof:

You forgot the 'facilitators' fee. Think that makes it a round 2 mill.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

---------------

total          1,350,000  baht      

With 20+ million followers, he could write that off as a cost of doing business and still be way out ahead.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1