Foreign National Killed in Early Morning Motorbike Accident on Koh Phangan

Georgealbert

IMG_5441.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In the early hours of September 11, a motorbike crash claimed the life of a foreign national on Koh Phangan. At approximately 04:00, local authorities were alerted to the incident that occurred near the entrance to Suan Pa Forest, in front of the well-known Lung Term Chicken Rice restaurant.

Emergency responders from Koh Phangan Rescue Unit 3, along with an ambulance, were immediately dispatched to the scene. Upon arrival, they discovered the lifeless body of a male foreign tourist. Preliminary examinations indicated that the victim had suffered fatal injuries after his motorbike veered off the road and crashed into a ditch.

The rescue team quickly notified the Koh Phangan Police Station. Police officers, led by a duty investigator from the station, arrived at the scene to begin their investigation. Medical staff from Koh Phangan Hospital were also called in to conduct a preliminary examination of the body at the scene. The victim's body was subsequently transferred to Koh Phangan Hospital for an autopsy and to establish a formal identification.

Local police are continuing their inquiry into the cause of the accident and are urging tourists to exercise caution while riding motorbikes on the island.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-11

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

On 9/11/2024 at 2:44 AM, Georgealbert said:

At approximately 04:00, local authorities were alerted to the incident

What in gods name are tourists doing outside at 4 AM ?   Ah, just noticed it was  on  Koh Pangan,  another moon thing where they get drugged upp and jumping upp and down on the beach listening on stupid music.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, watchcat said:

What in gods name are tourists doing outside at 4 AM ?   Ah, just noticed it was  on  Koh Pangan,  another moon thing where they get drugged upp and jumping upp and down on the beach listening on stupid music.

You clearly know almost nothing about phangan when thinking that is what phangan is about. The full moon is only in one corner of the island for 1 day, the rest of the month everything is entirely different.

In reality, the real DJ's and residents, hate that full moon music too, but it simply works for tourists. All real parties and music are elsewhere and on other days. Dozens of locations with big events.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

21 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You clearly know almost nothing about phangan when thinking that is what phangan is about.

I'll have to agree with this, but what are people doing outside at 4 AM if not excercising, barhopping?  Yes, I know I'm an old dinosaur, in the  mean time you'll reach this age.

18 hours ago, watchcat said:

nothing to do with the location, and seemingly you've, sadly, led quite a fairly sheltered life, i can tell you, maybe not these days, but back in the day in london, manchester, paris, or wherever, i would often be up at 4am having an amazing time.

On 9/14/2024 at 9:22 AM, watchcat said:

What in gods name are tourists doing outside at 4 AM ?

Pretty naive question.

I was often out until the early hours when I was in my teens.

Not drugs. Not alcohol. Women :thumbsup:

Creeping back into mum's place to get an hour or two's kip and changed for work.

The funniest moment was me creeping in the back door as my stepfather was leaving for work out of the front door.

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Thanks for the information.

i apologize on behalf of the nasty and despicable idiots on this forum. They are morons.

where was he from? How old?
Did he he usually wear a helmet.

That sand on the road can be a killer, especially in the dark.

RIP

I agree with you Malcolm, the nastiness, bitching and attacks on this forum are out of control now. It seems that every thread just disintegrates into nastiness. Even serious threads from people seeking info soon deteriorate, and you have to wade through all the smart-ass remarks and dribble to find any genuine info.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, grain said:

I agree with you Malcolm, the nastiness, bitching and attacks on this forum are out of control now. It seems that every thread just disintegrates into nastiness. Even serious threads from people seeking info soon deteriorate, and you have to wade through all the smart-ass remarks and dribble to find any genuine info.

We can't read every post in every thread, it's up to you to use the report button for such posts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, grain said:

It is only about 10-15 idiots. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Thanks for the information.

i apologize on behalf of the nasty and despicable idiots on this forum. They are morons.

where was he from? How old?
Did he he usually wear a helmet.

That sand on the road can be a killer, especially in the dark.

RIP

Hi MalcomB,

Thank you for your message. His name was Jonathan Z., from Australia and 37 years old. Unfortunately he was not wearing a helmet. He was on his way to the beach for the sunrise as a part of his morning routine.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Let´s just say like this. As long as you can not prove the opposite, I will go with the most common reason.

Or did you mean he was drunk like a priest, as that also exists?

It’s easy to prove the opposite, because he didn’t like alcohol. As I said before, he was a healthy person, trained in martial arts and was going to the beach for his morning routine. The accident was because he was driving faster than he should + sand + wet road. You can blame he was not wearing a helmet (something very common in KP unfortunately), but he was not coming from a party as mentioned before.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Seb_ said:

It’s easy to prove the opposite, because he didn’t like alcohol. As I said before, he was a healthy person, trained in martial arts and was going to the beach for his morning routine. The accident was because he was driving faster than he should + sand + wet road. You can blame he was not wearing a helmet (something very common in KP unfortunately), but he was not coming from a party as mentioned before.

Don’t worry about Gottfrid,

he makes up stories, usually doesn’t read the links, and is quite nasty.

I, and others consider him clueless.

The sand is a killer, especially in the dark.

RIP

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Seb_ said:

Thank you for taking the time to clarify all of this. I'm sure it wasn't easy and I'm sure you had much more important things to do other than educate a few keyboard warriors who are ALWAYS happy to jump on a post with nothing but pure speculation.
I am very sorry for your loss. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 3:27 AM, Seb_ said:

Hey guys,

Ive registered on this website to clarify things. I knew the guy and sadly it was an accident probably due he was driving fast + sand on the road. He was a healthy person and loved person on the island. Please, stop saying bs about he was coming from a party or on drugs and show some respect. Thank you.

Thanks for making the effort to inform.  Sorry to hear about the loss.  

2 hours ago, Seb_ said:

Whatever, driving quicker than can control under circumstances that does not allow, is terribly stupid. Also, driving without a helmet is also terribly stupid. I wish he had been drunk, as that would at least be an excuse for the stupidity. Now he has none. Wonder how they will consider that at the gates of heaven.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Don’t worry about Gottfrid,

he makes up stories, usually doesn’t read the links, and is quite nasty.

I, and others consider him clueless.

The sand is a killer, especially in the dark.

RIP

I, and others consider him clueless. (MalcolmB posted this) 🤣🤣 Unfathomable!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Whatever, driving quicker than can control under circumstances that does not allow, is terribly stupid. Also, driving without a helmet is also terribly stupid. I wish he had been drunk, as that would at least be an excuse for the stupidity. Now he has none. Wonder how they will consider that at the gates of heaven.

Getting on here and claiming that you knew what had happened when you didn’t is stupid.

Then digging down when be informed of the facts is even more stupid.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:59 AM, Seb_ said:

His name was Jonathan Z., from Australia and 37 years old.

He was on his way to the beach for the sunrise as a part of his morning routine.

Sorry to hear mate for your loss. 

The best time to go for a ride on my PCX is early mornings. 

It's always best to wait for a little day light, around 5am, the dark streets have hidden dangers that can be more easily avoided with better light. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Getting on here and claiming that you knew what had happened when you didn’t is stupid.

Then digging down when be informed of the facts is even more stupid.

Yeah, you should know, as the keeper of the gold medal in stupidity.

So, MalcolmB does not think it´s stupid to drive faster than the conditions allow without a helmet. Good on you!