Violent Brawl Between Drunk Australian Tourists Shocks Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

September 15, Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya was the scene of a shocking and violent altercation between two inebriated Australian tourists

BORING, (yawn) 

This is the entertainment we want to see in Soi Buakhou. 

<deleted> tourists, getting themselves all <deleted> up 😂

So many fools, It's a bloody joke now 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Homburg said:

Thanks.

Your post reminded me of this great music:

Then I learned to play some lead guitar
I was underage in this funky bar
And I stepped outside to smoke myself a "J"
And when I come back to the room
Everybody just seemed to move
And I turned my amp up loud and I began to play
And it was late in the evening
And I blew that room away

We'd love to hear you sing it.

2 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

What are 2 Aussies doing on Soi Buakhao in the first place?That is the usual retreat for all high-class English x-pats.

I seen an incident at my condo last month. A large Asian guy I believe a South Korean went right off his head, all the condo staff were trying pacify him but it appeared to be getting  worse. So I told the female office manager to request the staff to keep away from him and call the police. Thirty minutes later a very young cop arrived alone and the guy starts on him. Another 30 minutes and the cavalry rocks up and he was forced to the ground, cuffed and thrown into the back of a pick up. This would be great deterrent if guys who brawl in public know what to expect when heavy weight BIB's arrive at the scene.

1 hour ago, Olsworth said:

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a family destination where I can bring my children? 

55 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

As someone who knows Thailand I can confidently say a minor brawl is not 'shocking' any locals. Entertaining people, possibly, disappointing people, maybe, but a small 1v1 fight where no one is killed is not shocking anyone, apart from from some sheltered Westerners and sheltered East Asians perhaps. The indignant charade needs to stop people. You're not in Singapore or Switzerland.

they do like a scrap in switzerland, have you ever been to a fc Basel v fc zurich game??  lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

, it's clear that Pattaya faces significant challenges in addressing the root causes of this rampant disorder.

Err, I suspect alcohol is to blame! Perhaps 4am closures will increase the number of incidents a little.... 

But in reality they were just pals getting into a drunken scrap, let it play out, they will be best of pals with bruises in an hour... that's how it plays out with the Scottish!

• Like 1

The only surprise is that this doesn't happen more often.

Sheesh, it happens in literally every city that has bars. Small towns, big cities - all the same when it comes to booze and fighting.
The difference is - it doesn't normally make the news.
But here - any time something happens that involves a foreigner - it usually makes the news and you take notice of it. Especially if it involves a fellow countryman.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Some alcoholics experience radical Jekyll/Hyde personality changes when they drink. 

Yes. And if you pay attention you can see it in their eyes.
There are those who can handle their booze and those who, after a couple drinks, get a dull, glazed look in their eyes and start getting aggressive.
You can see it happening. They start staring at their drink, speaking in single syllables or grunts because their brain is going blank and getting upset about any and everything.

Used to see it all the time in the Army. I called it the "F or F type". After a few drinks they flip a mental coin and decide if they aren't going to f*** someone, then they want to fight someone.
Then they look for an excuse to pick a fight with pretty much anyone they think they can bully (if they are alone) or anyone else (if they have a couple buddies to help them).

Yeah, despite the (B-S) some spout here, it's not just "Thais" that will merrily gang up on others. In fact, I'd say 95% of the scraps I've seen in bars back in Canada (and some bars in Germany during the 4 years I was there) involved 2-3 or more guys ganging up on one.
Usually the only "one on ones" were when both sides were not in bars and were sober (like workplace scraps). 

And considering how many bars there are just in Pattaya, how many foreigners are here - and how many of them are "ex-Delta/Seal Team/SAS/GS9/JTF/Insert other elite commando unit initials here" - you'd think bar scraps would be a daily occurence.

(Years ago it was a running joke that 2 of every 3 foreigners in Pattaya was a former elite special forces because a lot of skinny runts who were close to peeing their pants would pretend they used to be elite commandos that knew 32 ways to kill a man using just a cocktail napkin in the hopes no one would confront them when they were being dicks.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olsworth said:

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a family destination where I can bring my children? 

It is. I live here with mine and life is good, I just wouldnt take therm to soi Boukhao.

Come to that, I wouldnt take them to Patpong, Cowboy, Nana, Bangla, Binabaht or any other red light area in the various family friendly destinations in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

The Thai Police reall, really need to have Tasers. I've seen them used on deserving souls and it was quite enjoyable. And, once the barbs are in, additonal voltage can be administered, as needed.

Do you have a link to this adjustable voltage Taser? I can't find a single one that allows any adjustment, either before or after deployment.

Root Causes - Really... Well I'd start with Foreigners excessive alcohol intake , the lack of morals, no discipline, no respect for Thailand and take NO responsibility for their actions. Out of control Girly Bars system that continue to pour liquor and take no responsibility. Shut the bars down at midnight.. start thinking about others and not about your wallet 

• Like 1