Violent Brawl Between Drunk Australian Tourists Shocks Pattaya

webfact

1 minute ago, WoodyKenny said:

Root Causes - Really... Well I'd start with Foreigners excessive alcohol intake , the lack of morals, no discipline, no respect for Thailand and take NO responsibility for their actions. Out of control Girly Bars system that continue to pour liquor and take no responsibility. Shut the bars down at midnight.. start thinking about others and not about your wallet 

Shutting bars down at midnight? The tourism industry across the world might disagree with you on that one 

Just now, cookie1974 said:

Shutting bars down at midnight? The tourism industry across the world might disagree with you on that one 

They were closing at midnight in Hua Hin recently because of violence involving locals. The last straw was a local police officer/soldier who shot and killed another police officer/soldier after a night drinking. This is what I mean by a lot of people being very unaware of the kind of things that happen, and Hua Hin is a town that is somewhat well regulated and docile compared to others. Of course though, two Australians having a handbag affair is unacceptable and the worst that happens in Thailand. In Pattaya of all places! 

• Like 1

If they previously knew each other, didn't want to press charges, and didn't hurt or damage anything/anyone else, then what's the big deal?

How is this different from a boxing match, where illegal gambling takes place?

Aussie men like a drink and a bust up and it sounds like they're still friends!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

See it so many times, lonely foreigners looking for friends, they get on the drink together, talking bull<deleted> and a fight starts, it's hilarious 🤣

Around 10 years ago I was working Okpo, south Korea. I was commissioning a new built Drillship.

Just up the hill from our apartments were these naughty bars, similar to walking street/LK.

The Norwegians got into a fight, dozens of them, smashed up everything, City Hall ended up shutting the bars down for a few nights.

Some of my co-workers got withdrawal symptoms, could cope without the evening bar girl entertainment 😂

These events happen around the world with all nationalities. 🥊

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

and what is certain breed ? 

Looks like in this case it was the UK breed.

What chance did Aussies have? we sent them our thieves and prostitutes to a remote island and they evolved into what we saw in the video.

No wonder the aborigines are trying to breed them out.

Amazing the thai police didn’t press charges for disturbing the peace or similar.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe if the cops could use both hands, and carry a truncheon to give them a sharp rap it might sort these idiots out a bit quickly. The cops seem to be like most people nowadays. One hand always clutching a cell phone. Don't they have phone holsters on their chests? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Not surprising the number of posts already...pretty usual when cathouse areas are in the news. 

But in reality, Pattaya has always been a rat hole....and I spent many a good time in there too:))

Yet, not a one of them complaining how anti-foreigner biased the locals are. Saying it has become quite common when all i see in the news the most is about Thais and foreigners scuffling. Usually started by Thais. The kids that do it do not fit into this category. They are a gang and need to be kicked out of the country. But tourists doing it to each other. Rarely happens. 

Now if a drunken fight broke out one may have being police from aust.It was 2 tourist drunk and fighting maybe about a bar girl.Surely the police could have sorted it out I,am sure they have dealt with  worst problems.Alittle night fun   maybe and remember the Katoey fight in bkk between thais and phillipines the police i think  did very little and it may have broken up after a time with some help