Confusion Over U-Turn Sign Placement Leaves Drivers Baffled, Netizens Ask Who It’s For

Georgealbert

If the sign is at 2 meters high or 3 meters high U turns on major highways probably cause more deaths than any other .

If you placed a large sign to say caution aproaching U turn slow down 300 meters in front  then that may help to save lives. 

When waiting to do a U turn I can see cars are travelling at high speed .

Put a speed camera in front of each U turn , that would also help .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Netizens are voicing their confusion and frustration after a U-turn traffic sign was found mounted unusually high on a light pole

Crikey, every kilometre I travel I see at least one unusual mounted street sign. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Going by the rider on the scooter near the pole, I would say that sign is a lot higher than 3 metres. The sign is almost level with the top of the power pole behind it.

Maybe Bangkok is getting double decker buses. 🙂

Edited by phetphet
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Going by the rider on the scooter near the pole, I would say that sign is a lot higher than 3 metres. The sign is almost level with the top of the power pole behind it.

Maybe Bangkok is getting double decker buses. 🙂

Looks the same height as the power cables 4 meters. 

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

What's the International signage for "No reversing one kilometre on the motorway because you missed your exit"?:coffee1:

I had a taxi do this after exiting BKK, danged scary.

On a road near our other house there is a white line painted on the road that intersects with the main road but the idiot workers have placed the stop sign facing the main road that has right of way instead of the side road that has to stop. I have seen this on a few roads around the area showing that the workers or the ones controlling them lack the ability to understand what they are doing and placing the signs wrongly or where they think they should be and not  where they should be. so placing a sign that far up a pole would be normal thinking for some of the workers

The workers had a ladder on their truck.

Maybe they thought The Boss would take it away if they didn't use it?

Or they were Burmese and mis-calculated their conversion from metres into feet.

Thoughtfulness in Thailand... They are so aware what they are doing... On the roads many times you see signs with distances that are mixed up... or useless signs or no signs at all... All to make the roads safer ...