Thai Bolt Driver Surrenders After Assault Over Fare Dispute in Chon Buri - video

snoop1130

header-desktop.png

A Bolt driver has turned himself in to police after slapping a female passenger inside her Chon Buri home on Saturday due to a payment delay.

Jutathip Motanee, 37, lodged a complaint at Nongprue Police Station following the altercation, which occurred on September 21st. She provided security camera footage showing the assault. The video captures Jutathip and the driver entering her residence on Phattanakarn Road in Bang Lamung district, followed by scenes of the driver pushing Jutathip to the ground and striking her.

In the footage, the driver demands the fare as Jutathip promises a bank transfer, explaining she had no cash and her mobile phone’s battery had died. She convinced him she needed to charge her phone to make the transaction. Despite her reassurances, the driver refused to wait, resulting in the violent confrontation.

Jutathip recounted that she booked the ride via the Bolt app and fell asleep during the journey. The driver awakened her outside her village and asked for the fare. Finding herself without cash and unable to use her phone due to a dead battery, she went inside her home to charge it and make the transfer. However, the driver, seemingly doubting her intent to pay, followed her in and assaulted her.

Upon surrendering to the police, the driver admitted to the assault but claimed it stemmed from an argument during the ride and fear of not receiving the fare.

Authorities are yet to disclose the consequences faced by the driver, who remains unnamed.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-23

news-footer-3.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Typical Issan behavior by the driver.

I doubt the Bolt taxi driver would've been been from Isarn. I use Bolt taxis regularly and most look more like educated Thai Chinese some may even be students. What sort of lady falls asleep in a taxi? I suspect she'd had a long session on the booze and probably got very stroppy. I've been married to a Isarn lady for 22 years so I've had first hand experience when a Thai bird throws a wobbly.