What is a good sandwich filler? except cheese or ham

scubascuba3

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Depends on the amount. If you eat it raw a lot of people can have an upset stomach due to eating too much raw vegetables.

Again, most likely individual thresholds apply.

Many vegetables are best cooked, i hope people know that

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

15 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

There is no butter that tastes as strange as  that Thai  "allowrie "   avoid it like the plague.  Lurpak and embourg are probably the best available here . However the local lotus often has some french offerings which are pretty good too   I'm using one called "Candia" at the moment   the list price is expensive at just under 200bt  but none of the thais will be buying it so its a case of waiting until the sell by date approaches as the price will be cut by at least 50%  there is always plenty left  so I generally buy around 6 packs and stick it in the freezer.      Also I fully agree,  if it ain't salted its not butter

If I remember right, the unsalted butter (which was called for in baking) use to be the better quality product (salt being added as a preservative - prior to refrigeration being common)... now a days it is the same quality just with or without salt.   Salt of course is a flavour enhancer... so adding salt somewhere along the line was needed to improve taste. 

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Or PB and sweet chilli sauce. Satayish!

I see two confused emojis. WHAT can be confusing, except they do not know that PB means Peanut Butter (home made).

Two of my summers favorites

Fresh sea trout on fresh bread with salt real butter. Spices pepper and salt only, and of course the sea trout is fried with real butter.

2. Smoked Salmon, on skagen salad, white bread. Unfortunate farmed salmon and not home made skagen salad this time. 

3. Picture with white bread and real butter. Fresh cooked and cooled crab meat, with crayfish.  

20240721_134307.thumb.jpg.5aadb1849fa6d6d544ae54b0acf88243.jpg

20240811_141257.thumb.jpg.f55ed95cf740242335d7febbcc223dfb.jpg20240814_130020.thumb.jpg.8b3f01ac9b27a2c847fb227ac7793fd0.jpg

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Banana sandwiches are good, especially when the bananas are mushy.

Occasionally my mum would pack banana sandwiches for school lunch. 

After a few hours on a hot Aussie summer day in your school bag it was still eatable.

I can still smell the lunch box, unique. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, jippytum said:

Cumberland sausage with fried onions and brown sauce

Spot on,that would be my last meal on death row.

The first wife was from Cumbria and they were a must to bring back after a visit home.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

eating 3kg cheese are you overweight? because cheese is nice you can end up eating it all the time, i appreciate hardly anyone on AN admits to being overweight. What's your LDL?

Cheese has similar constituent chemicals to chocolate. Gives the same satisfaction.

Anyway I'd suggest plentiful lettuce, tomato and a dash of salt'n'pepper. Whatever the bread.

Edited by BusyB