Lawyer Warns Entire Paetongtarn Cabinet Faces Impeachment Risk

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Paisarn described the current mood as panicked, with no clear decision yet on how to address the issue. He warned that if the policy statement is not amended to comply with constitutional requirements, the entire cabinet risks impeachment. The Ombudsman has a 60-day window to file a petition to Thailand's Constitutional Court, should this remain unresolved.

Trouble at mill?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the entire cabinet risks impeachment. The Ombudsman has a 60-day window to file a petition to Thailand's Constitutional Court, should this remain unresolved.

I guess our dear leader forgot to add what Thaksin told her in the draft. Now she risks all the cabinets positions.. OR, perhaps this is Thaksins plan to change the entire cabinet to those who do his bidding? Time will tell

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra's entire cabinet could face impeachment

Who in the electorate (aka registered voters) really cares? The last and current PM's were selected by Parliament bypassing the electorate, ie., with national elections. 

Anyone notice what has now seens to have been been forgotten? Rewriting the Constitution. Frankly, this last decade of governments has indicated how inconsequential the Thai constitution is. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think he was in jail for a few hours.

But maybe that was just the reception hall. 

I think he was just waitng for the helicopter to the hospital.  Despiteful individual indeed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It could all just be part of the slow-moving plan to get rid of everyone that opposes the military and certain individuals/elite families. Obviously, they are most scared of MFP (now PP) and what it represents, to the point that they even did a deal with Thaksin in desperation to buy them time to get rid of MFP and its charasmatic leaders.

After that, they need to deal with Thaksin's influence in politics and his party... and there are plenty in the Thai intelligensia that are will to do their bidding by bringing court cases etc. against who they need out of the way.

The plan all along could well be to slowly come full circle back to the only political choice being military-backed parties, as all others will have been "dealt with". Can't shift that sixth sense of mine nagging me that Anutin will untimately end up as PM... facepalm that will be.

Edited by Sir Dude
Typos