Let's say I want to make beer stronger, what would you do?

scubascuba3

Most beers are 5% or lower now, too weak i think. I have an idea to buy the beers i enjoy drinking and add alcohol, what would you add? rum, whisky? what specifically? anyone tried it?

This is for home use, only a couple a week, I'm not a raging alcoholic 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most beers are 5% or lower now, too weak i think. I have an idea to buy the beers i enjoy drinking and add alcohol, what would you add? rum, whisky? what specifically? anyone tried it?

Wouldn't it be easier just to buy a better, stronger beer, if the beer flavor is what you are after.  More expensive, but if your added alcohol, it may balance out, and not taste like beer with spirits added.

How about a Magners cider, or them Belgium beers, probably available at Villa Markets.  These all use to be available at Udon Thani at different vendors.

Delerium Nocturnum, dark beer with 8.5% 

beer,Kasteel Donker,which is 11%

Corne Tripel (10%)

Delerium Red (8.5%).
Also a Champagne Beer called Deus (11.5%)

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Vodka, it doesn't add any taste.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

contact AA? :smile:

15 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

boilermaker -- shot of whisky either on the side or added to the beer.

A glass of good single malt whiskey will do on the side. In my younger days that was always a good start on a long night out. 

54 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

You could be Trump's brother. 😂😂😂

Do Trump drink at all? 

Never trust a man who doesn't drink someone said. Biden doesn't drink to.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Do Trump drink at all? 

They both have very good reasons for not drinking. Personal trauma.

Trump:   "I had a brother, Fred. Great guy, best-looking guy. Best personality, much better than mine. But he had a problem, a problem with alcohol. And he would tell me, don’t drink. He was substantially older and I listened to him and I respected him. He’s also added, don’t smoke."  "He would say it over and over again. And to this day I’ve never had a drink. And, I have no longing for it. I have no interest in it. To this day I’ve never had a cigarette.  Trump thinks his brother's tragic death might serve as a warning to young people about the dangers of drug use. 

Biden: Has  said that there were "enough alcoholics in my family" to make him cautious about the possible risks of alcohol consumption. His mother's side of the family, the Finnegans, had multiple members who suffered from alcohol's more dire effects. Alcoholism was a problem in the neighborhood he grew up in and he saw its effects on families.

They both  were ahead of their time in this regard  and have benefited from avoiding alcohol and tobacco.

Not too many fans of Korean dramas here, otherwise you would know of   Beer + Soju = Somaek  😁

Soju is a fermented rice product. It has 1/2 the alcohol content of vodka.  Somaek is prepared by mixing a few shots of soju into a light beer.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Do Trump drink at all? 

Sorry, for some I have to explain my post obviously:

I'm referring to Trump's silly ideas. Do you get it now?😳😳😳

5 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Sorry, for some I have to explain my post obviously:

I'm referring to Trump's silly ideas. Do you get it now?😳😳😳

Well, sprite and beer is an silly idea, but whiskey and beer, is not. 

Do you get it?