Russian fined 5,000 baht after driving dangerously on Koh Samui - video

snoop1130

Russian Man Arrested After Super Car Racing on Samui Island
By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

Surat Thani – A Russian driver was arrested after he raced his super car on the Samui Island in Surat Thani.

The Bo Phut Police Chief Colonel Denduang Thongsrisuk told the Phuket Express that the issue was posted in social media after locals were concerned about reckless driving on Tuesday (September 24th).

The person who posted on social media said that the yellow super car driver also caused a public nuisance with loud noise. Police found the super car parked at a villa.

Mr. Alexandr, 30, Russian national, later presented himself as the super car’s owner. He presented legal sales document to police. However, the color of the car did not match with details in the Department of Land Transport system. 

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 

-- 2024-09-26

news-footer-3.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, malathione said:

No, seems to be a Fairlady (Z) dressed as a drag queen.

It appears to be a 370Z, a pretty generic car in the U.S. If the yellow is just a wrap (which I suspect) he can easily change it's color otherwise, he'll be easy to spot no matter where he parks.

• Confused 1

Such a joke punishment to lenient My God how strict they are in Samui.

In Chiang Mai you can drive a luxury car and kill two people on a motorcycle with no license no car insurance no mandatory insurance and walk away scotfree with no fine. Or is it Thais  being racist if you're a Thai person you can walk away free but if you're a foreigner you get fined 5,000. 

Edited by arick
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought there was something fishy about this headline because I've never seen anyone pulled over for reckless driving, it's just not something that the police or the highway patrol engage in, nor care about. You can be as reckless as you want on these roads and nobody will ever stop you 

So now we find that the reckless driving was simply a warning connected to other violations, it figures. 

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought there was something fishy about this headline because I've never seen anyone pulled over for reckless driving, it's just not something that the police or the highway patrol engage in, nor care about. You can be as reckless as you want on these roads and nobody will ever stop you 

So now we find that the reckless driving was simply a warning connected to other violations, it figures. 

Yes something doesn't make sense about the story number one who's the person that got hit number two you don't get fined 5,000 for reckless driving.

• Confused 4

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My opinion, anyone with a car like that that is arrested or charged should get an automatic look as to how they paid for the car if they own it and where the money comes from

Nissan Fairlady either 350Z or 370Z, not that expensive. 

From about NZ$14,000 (286k baht) to NZ$20,000 (400k baht). 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, he should have a bigger fine, as he was not fined for his driving. So, should even a lot of Thai drivers, and should definitely stop commenting on foreign drivers. Thats like throwing stones in glass house

That's actually a huge fine way more than a dwi for example is 2500 baht to get out of jail 

• Confused 1