7-Eleven Introduces Convenient PromptPay QR Code Payments Nationwide

webfact

25 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Stupidity of  youth..............the convenience of letting your  govt and data brokers monitor everything you do everywhere you go everything you buy all the time, no need to insert chips in new born babies the sheep-le have done it themselves with the "convenience" of mobile phones.

So you don't own a phone?

I find the whole thing of using phones and apps a bit behind the times.

About time they introduced a swipe option as in the UK. No need for cash or phones and faster than both. No rummaging around for notes or scrolling to find the app. Just one tap with your card and done.

22 minutes ago, Denim said:

I find the whole thing of using phones and apps a bit behind the times.

About time they introduced a swipe option as in the UK. No need for cash or phones and faster than both. No rummaging around for notes or scrolling to find the app. Just one tap with your card and done.

As I mentioned, you can do this in BigC and lotus stores

7 hours ago, watchcat said:

What's wrong with showing cash where ever you go?

Nothing wrong with paying in cash.

I've heard others say 'the shop / vendor' doesn't take cash any more, only scan.

Some street vendors (prepared foods) we use (Chiang Mai) now only accept scan. 

A couple of times my Thai son has been buying prepared food, he carries minimal / no cash and he's called me on line 'can you please quickly send me 100?Baht by K Plus'.

Life moves on...

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

That's not my experience.

One example, my son's Thai mother in law (78 years old) minimal education, never used a computer uses K Plus scan for everything possible.

She's always ready to do the scan, all done in 1 second. Millions of other Thai folks, all ages / all levels of education etc., do the same.

Why is it 'SAD', it's their choice.

so instead of using the normal way to pay like at Makro, you scan their code and hit next..

they are asking us to go in My QR and we enter the price and they scan?

out of those two options, this is definitely the worst one.

job well dumb.

10 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Great news. More time spent waiting for some idiot to get their phone out, scroll through their photos before releasing they need their bank app to scan, couple of minutes to remember their login code and another couple of minutes to work out how to scan. Sometimes it takes way too long as it is. Seven 711 workers in the shop with one serving customers. The other 6 are either stacking shelves, getting home deliveries organised or making drinks.

p.s. It will come in handy though; sometimes.

I'm sure on Thai language apps they're complaining about waiting in queue for technophobe farang retirees to fumble through their pockets digging out coins at 7-11. If you know how to use the app correctly (have the phone ready to scan when you approach the cashier) QR scanning takes 1 second, much faster than any cash transaction involving change. 

But if you have trouble with technology, please continue using cash, which is still an option. 

9 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Don't do it - bank apps on phones are a security risk - scanning a QR code when you have a bank app on your phone is a serious security risk.

ขี้…เกียจ ระบายด้วยยาเม็ดเซนน่า 7.5 ตราธงทอง (youtube.com)

เพราะคาสตรอลคือตัวเลือกแรกของคนขี่รถจักรยานยนต์ต์ทั่วโลก (youtube.com)

In fact IMO never use a bank app on your phone - or any app/website that can access your money. Phones are a serious security risk - and this is just one of the many security issues they have - and there will be more coming.

I've been managing all of my retirement income accounts via computer and phone for decades. I've never had an issue. And if I did I'd know about it nearly instantaneously.

If you don't connect your bank account to your phone, you're enabling someone else to connect it to thier phone. I consider not having immediate digital access to my accounts a huge security risk.

• Thanks 1

I pay for almost everything I buy personally with my SCB app (Lazada and any other online vendors), and just about every little vendor on the street has QR codes,  simple and fast. However my wife wants me to use her CC as much as possible for purchases at Makro, Big-C, and 7-11.....she wants the points. I barely ever use cash for anything anymore, in fact my daughter seems to use my cash more now, she needs it to resupply her school ID card for food/treats.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

When it's a scan at an ATM machine (not used that much) it's my experience most Thai's are ready to do the scan, all done 1 second.

I repeat my comment, scan to pay at 7/11 is nowadays quite common and with the announcement today will be very common and easier. 

I just submitted the application for Prompt Pay using my K+ app, super easy and within an hour got a confirmation my application was successful.