Man Dies After Attack by Mixed-Breed Stray Dogs in Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

The Rottweiler is not by itself aggressive. Cannot say the same of Pitbulls never met a good one. What Thailand needs is Dog control and Dog registration to control what is a huge problem.

False, Google and you will find the Rottweiler on all the aggressive breed lists.  They require training and conditioning as a puppy onwards but still can be aggressive to others.

• Agree 1

Where are all the posters saying Pitbulls are not aggressive or dangerous?

Why are you guys hiding now?  How many more people have to be mauled and die before

someone wakes up and makes the changes necessary for the sake of public safety?

Goes to show that in Thailand your life is Not valued the same as in other countries.

11 hours ago, NativeBob said:

sure and after " the dogs removal operation" Thailand will become prosperous and truly well developed country..

generally speaking TH is the third world country and that is one of the reason why nobody cares about stray and feral mutts.

But but what would happen to all those living off the dog charity money............and the falang volunteers ?..............................:coffee1:

Soooo many deaths over the years just on this website.

Typically:-

Another death.

Another dog.

Another owner.

Who is next?

Yet another 6 pages coming up here.

Futile to hopefully "watch this space", there's no action.

"How many people will have to die before ...?  etc"  

"When will they ever learn?" 

😭

10 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Sounds like a good topic for a new post/thread.

"National campaign to teach the people how to handle:

• dogs
  • cats
  • children with cell phones
  • unhealthy diet for kids
  • "thou shall not fail at exam" dogma
  • "but she has a family to support" excuse
  • absence of basic hygiene at any diner/street vendor/food court
  • uncontrolled disposal of hardcore antibiotics at pharmacies

and that just first things came to mind. 

^^^ these are the results of being 3rd world country. Not backward. More to add.

PS: at microbiology class professor asked college grads "what is isomer?". Master's program. Poker faces.

Well,are you going to tell us?

• Thumbs Up 1

These attacks seem to be happening more and more frequently. What a terrible way to die. Authorities need to act on this sooner rather than later. Put aside their Buddhist beliefs and start a culling campaign otherwise these sort of attacks will continue. It’s not just the roads that are deadly but the sois as well. 
I’ve been told (never tried) that the best way to disable or disperse of a dog in an attack is, if you can, grab both front legs and reef them outwardly apart as hard and as violently as you can. Hope I never have to find out if it works. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Representative image courtesy: iStock

In a tragic incident, a 49-year-old man was found dead in his home in Ubon Ratchathani after being mauled by two mixed-breed dogs. The man, whose identity has been withheld, was discovered face down in his single-storey house on Wednesday, according to local police reports on Friday.

The victim had suffered severe bite wounds to his head, including torn ears, and investigators concluded that he died from excessive blood loss.

Initially, the man's relatives suspected foul play, believing he might have been killed before the dogs attacked him. However, forensic analysis revealed no signs of human assault, ruling out the possibility of murder.

Police estimated that the man had been dead for approximately six hours before his body was found.

During the investigation, police located two stray dogs near the scene—one a mixed-breed pit bull and the other a mixed-breed Rottweiler. Believing these dogs were responsible for the attack, local livestock officers sedated both animals and measured their teeth, which matched the size of the bite wounds on the victim.

This incident has raised concerns about the presence of stray dogs, especially those with aggressive tendencies, in residential areas. Authorities are taking steps to prevent future incidents. The dogs have been taken into custody by the livestock office for further evaluation, reported Bangkok Post.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-27

news-footer-3.png

Edited by Captor

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

this is a helluva painful way to die.

how many minutes of agonizing excruciating pain do you need to endure in this type of death before you finally die?

There are painless injections I'm sure. Fentanyl is dirt cheap and gets you high before die in a state of bliss. That's what i would choose.

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Put the dog down and do it within the next 24 hours and find the owner a million baht if he is not having a money to pay confiscate his house and sell the proceeds to a dog-related charity. 

I do not want a lecture about animal cruelty. . Most soi dogs are a nuisance. Most are mangy, some are disease ridden, many are hungry, tired, and lead terrible lives of desperation. Some attack people, some terrorize neighborhoods. Many harass the domestic dogs, and cause them to bark all night long, like in my neighborhood. Nobody wants to do anything about it. Massive culling is the answer. If they found a budget for it, they could do it Western style. Round up the dogs, clean them up, vaccinate them, and put them up for adoption. The ones who are not adopted after 60 days are simply put down. Nothing cruel about it. Not doing something like this, is both cruel to the dogs and to the neighborhoods they infest.

The average dog bite cost alot money. A series of rabies shots, etc. And that is assuming someone was not hurt badly, like a small child. So, we should prioritize the health of mangy, miserable soi dogs over the well being of the human population?

aggressive-dog-barking-with-bared-teeth-png.png

Absolutely 100% correct Mike. 

Put the dog down and do it within the next 24 hours and find the owner a million baht if he is not having a money to pay confiscate his house and sell the proceeds to a dog-related charity. 

I do not want a lecture about animal cruelty. . Most soi dogs are a nuisance. Most are mangy, some are disease ridden, many are hungry, tired, and lead terrible lives of desperation. Some attack people, some terrorize neighborhoods. Many harass the domestic dogs, and cause them to bark all night long, like in my neighborhood. Nobody wants to do anything about it. Massive culling is the answer. If they found a budget for it, they could do it Western style. Round up the dogs, clean them up, vaccinate them, and put them up for adoption. The ones who are not adopted after 60 days are simply put down. Nothing cruel about it. Not doing something like this, is both cruel to the dogs and to the neighborhoods they infest.

The average dog bite cost alot money. A series of rabies shots, etc. And that is assuming someone was not hurt badly, like a small child. So, we should prioritize the health of mangy, miserable soi dogs over the well being of the human population?

aggressive-dog-barking-with-bared-teeth-png.png

Nice Jack Russel pic, don't want too many of those little sods breeding with the soi dogs...

I've read that the cost of Rabies shots for humans is quite expensive in the States, However, I had the 3-shot series here in Thailand back in 2019 for well under 300 baht. I had the shots as a preventative procedure due to the fact that I was spending a lot of time around the stray dogs on the beach and beach road. Regarding Soi Dogs, I have never had a problem with them in my area. However, there is one dog on the beach who will always block me from walking past his territory on the beach until I give him a two minute rubdown. Once this is done, the dog will allow me to continue on my way. I look at it as a toll I have to pay for crossing his part of the beach.

We have at least 6 or 8 stray dogs in our housing project.  Nobody owns them.  A Thai lady who does not even live in the project sometimes comes and feeds them--which we have repeatedly asked her not to do.  Unfortunately, it is a new project with no gate security so she can just walk right in.

Spouse called the local municipality and asked that the dogs be removed.  Instead, they sent somebody to round up the dogs and I think they were neutered and then brought back to the project.  Spouse argued to them that nobody owns the dogs and the project does not want the dogs back--to no avail.  Back they came.  Back they still are.   Madness.  

It is quite simple to eradicate the problem of dangerous dogs roaming the streets. Round them all up and nurture them.  Yes, it will be a mammoth task initially, but as time goes on it will get easier and easier as all the dogs eventually die off. When puppies are born automatically register them to be nurtured and bingo we have the solution.

Alternatively, let in some Haitian Refugees and let them take care of the problem...🤪