Prime Minister in Tears Over Tragic Bangkok School Bus Fire

webfact

image.jpeg

A tearful and visibly emotional Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra expressed her deep sorrow on October 1, following a devastating fire that engulfed a school bus, resulting in multiple injuries and fatalities.

The tragic incident involved a bus carrying kindergarten students from Uthai Thani Province. Upon completing a press conference detailing the latest Cabinet meeting outcomes, Prime Minister Paetongtarn was briefed on the incident just before departing for Pak Kret District in Nonthaburi to oversee water management projects at the Royal Irrigation Department. As she descended from Command Building 1, reporters inquired if she had been informed about the tragic fire.

The Prime Minister, deeply affected, did not verbally respond but nodded and was seen crying as she walked towards the Thai Khu Fah Building.

In response to the tragedy, Prime Minister Paetongtarn has promptly dispatched key officials to the scene. Those dispatched include Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Transport Suriya Juangroongruangkit, and Deputy Minister of Interior Sabida Thaichet, who hails from Uthai Thani, the home province of the affected children.

The immediate government priority is to offer full support and condolences to the families affected and provide necessary medical and emotional support to those injured. Prime Minister Paetongtarn has also called for a comprehensive investigation to determine the cause of the fire and to implement measures to prevent such tragedies in the future, reported Pattaya Mail.

As the nation mourns, Prime Minister Paetongtarn's visible grief underscores the severity of the incident and its deep impact on the entire country. The government's swift response aims to provide solace and support during this tragic time while reaffirming its commitment to the safety of all citizens, especially children.

Picture courtesy: TNA

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-02

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Order inspection of all vehicles running on LNG or whatever gas they use.

Even if it was on LPG, although I believe a 54yr old Isuzu bus fitted with a Benz engine, would be on Diesel, all vehicles on LPG ARE tested every year, for a car it costs 1,500b, not carried out by the LTO, you have to get the Cert. privately. Tanks have to be replaced every 10 yrs or no Cert. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Even if it was on LPG, although I believe a 54yr old Isuzu bus fitted with a Benz engine, would be on Diesel, all vehicles on LPG ARE tested every year, for a car it costs 1,500b, not carried out by the LTO, you have to get the Cert. privately. Tanks have to be replaced every 10 yrs or no Cert. 

How much is it to buy a cert ? 🙂

Two buses blew up at Angkor this year. 

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

How much is it to buy a cert ? 🙂

Two buses blew up at Angkor this year. 

I just told you, Photos are also taken of the 'inspectors' standing in front of the Vehicle tested, I doubt very much even here it you'd be able to just 'Buy' the cert. 

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

As much as I don't think she should be Prime Minister, you cannot know how she feels.

The death of those young children in the manner in which they died is a very sad, and obviously upsetting occurrence for anyone that reads about it.  She won't be the only one shedding tears.

Except for the many of the expat special forces guys posting here who are battled hardened professionals - been there, done that, seen it all - tough as nails - - - no tears from them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Bit harsh.

I have to confess I shed a tear or two.

Sure, me too. She can also do, but in such a serious accident, as a PM and face of the country, she must be able to make a comment and statement and not send other to do her work.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I just told you, Photos are also taken of the 'inspectors' standing in front of the Vehicle tested, I doubt very much even here it you'd be able to just 'Buy' the cert. 

Well they were selling some type of highway permit, yes? Arent some folks under investigation for that?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Bit harsh.

Yes a bit harsh like all mothers with kids around the age that Perished she was upset on hearing the news what else could she have done hearing that news smile ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

As much as I don't think she should be Prime Minister, you cannot know how she feels.

The death of those young children in the manner in which they died is a very sad, and obviously upsetting occurrence for anyone that reads about it.  She won't be the only one shedding tears.

And being a young Mother herself - the empathy feelings would have been overwhelming.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Pm should announce a day of national mourning flags half pole and everyone wearing black because of this tragic accident

I'm sure that will make the parents feel a lot better!

a good prime minister would swiftly develop and announce strict measures, providing personal updates every four months with a transparent report on progress. she should promise that if the goals and commitments are not met, both she and the entire government will resign. starting today!

but a prime minister with a criminal family background will, as usual, make promises without taking responsibility. nothing will change in the long run! we already know, it olny will be empty promises, self-promotion, and face-saving acting .... :sad:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Bit harsh.

more than harsh...just like her, I have a couple of youngsters, though no where near as young as those students - closer to the teachers probably in age - but even at 77 years of age, I could only imagine the feeling of the parents of these kids.  My Thai wife has alway s forbid our daughter to ride those tour buses for school trip - so instead she flew with the other 1-3 students whose parents felt the same to where ever the class was going.  54 year buses that have been in use on these roads and drivers.  After the police investigation of this particular bus - from inside the bus by the concentration of bodies by the emergency doors but unable to open them - should have been automatic or easy to open from inside or outside but the driver couldn't seem to get the fire extinguisher going so  he just fled the scene,  I feel for those parents and other kids.