Switching from Non-B to Marriage or Retirement Visa?

32 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

99% of Amphoes will request an Embassy certified copy of Passport, translated and legalised as a minimum.

Not trolling, just fact checking 🙂

Please provide evidence that 99% of Amphurs require the above, can't be hard to provide, you stated it so therefore must have evidence to back up your statement?

All I do is mention sometimes that one person's experience can not be extrapolated to mean the whole of Thailand.

"Currently, there isn't, but if they go e-visa?", according to your train of thought, maybe every retiree should keep 1.6 million in the bank 'just in case' they change the rules ? Why not just quote the extant rule?

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Please provide evidence that 99% of Amphurs require the above, can't be hard to provide, you stated it so therefore must have evidence to back up your statement?

All I do is mention sometimes that one person's experience can not be extrapolated to mean the whole of Thailand.

I certainly don't have to answer to you, or justify what I already know to be fact.
When I obtained my Yellow book, the only requisite was a translation of my Passport, which I did myself, but that was 9 years ago.
Times have changed.

Better still, give me the name of your Amphoe that has no requisition, and I'll get the wife to phone and check back with you.

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

"Currently, there isn't, but if they go e-visa?", according to your train of thought, maybe every retiree should keep 1.6 million in the bank 'just in case' they change the rules ? Why not just quote the extant rule?

When you obtain the Non O and enter Thailand, the 400K must be seasoned for 2 months to apply for the extension.

Granted, at this present time there is no financial requirement for the single entry Non O, but a good idea to ensure that 400K is deposited beforehand.
Being forewarned is being forearmed.