• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 30

AI

2. 2,869

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

3. 191

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

4. 27

Big C Extra is becoming too dangerous to visit

5. 1

Comparisons Between Trump and Dictators Spark Backlash: Atlantic Article Under Fire

6. 0

Seoul Demands Immediate Withdrawal of North Korean Troops from Russia Amid Rising Tensions

7. 0

Woman Admits to Assault After Throwing Milkshake at Nigel Farage During Election Campaign

8. 0

England's Children's Commissioner Urges for Nationwide Ban on Smacking

9. 0

Israel's Decapitation Operation: A Game-Changer in Middle Eastern Conflicts

10. 0

Labour's Key Manifesto Promises at Risk as Budget Cuts Threaten Farming Fund

11. 0

British ICC Prosecutor Karim Khan Denies Misconduct Amid Harassment Allegations

12. 0

Europe’s Migration Policies: A Quiet Shift Toward Trump-like Toughness

13. 0

Should "Ethnic Minority" be Replaced with "Global Majority"?

14. 0

Robert Jenrick Calls for Whole Life Sentences for Grooming Gangs

Big C Extra is becoming too dangerous to visit

scubascuba3

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The ceiling and roof lets in loads of water, just a matter of time before it gives way over the escalator and kills loads of dirty farang

IMG_20241018_083542.jpg

On the plus side--being a glass half-full guy--they'll die nice and clean after all that water has cascaded over them.  

• Haha 1

I posted about this in another thread a few weeks ago. For a while they closed the escalator at that end, but although the situation got worse since, they have now opened it again.

I have not used that escalator since I made the post, as I realize it is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I posted about this in another thread a few weeks ago. For a while they closed the escalator at that end, but although the situation got worse since, they have now opened it again.

I have not used that escalator since I made the post, as I realize it is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don’t know.
It looks like they have fixed it already and taped it up nicely.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I was told this was exacerbated by workers on the roof installing solar panels... and presumably subsequent rains.

The escalator going under it was closed for a while, which was a pain in itself, but got reopened about 10 or so days ago.  I will take an umbrella!

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Prices are high due to the high wages they pay to the foreigners working at the meat and bakery departments. 

The high meat prices started the day they had a private company run the meat department......Prices doubled  and tripled over night......

I gave up on Big C Extra and now go the Makro....

Edited by redwood1

On 10/18/2024 at 5:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The ceiling and roof lets in loads of water, just a matter of time before it gives way over the escalator and kills loads of dirty farang

Only items I get from Big-C are; Fresh Chocolate cakes (-50% cheaper and better than Tops), big bags of mixed nuts (when on sale) and oath meal (English or Irish).

- so let the roof fall...

Depending on which Big C Extra there is a chance to blame the French; it was Carrefour which brought Big C into the 21st century - the building though was not constructed by French but by Somchai. Architecture and execution is a Thai-only trade (see Alien Business Law) 😉 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2024 at 10:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

We live in hope. 

We live 8 minutes or so walk from BC Extra, so we do all our shopping there and use the Food court often. Been going there 12 years, never been sick and really have no complaints..... unless the ceiling falls on me of course. 

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Depending on which Big C Extra there is a chance to blame the French; it was Carrefour which brought Big C into the 21st century - the building though was not constructed by French but by Somchai. Architecture and execution is a Thai-only trade (see Alien Business Law) 😉 

Carrefour was great - whenever I had the choice Carrefour was always first ...

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

There is only 1 Big C Extra and that's Pattaya Klang. The other one is Big C Supercentre.