Taking pics bored farangs

georgegeorgia

51 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If taking photos of an individual house then maybe - not that I'd likely care if not my home - but taking photos of a fairly high profile condo block with 100's of units from the sidewalk. Could be for a range of reasons. Why would you care? Why would anyone care? No one would care surely.

Valid point - but people did care…. 3 of them I think (based on the Op).

Georgia draws out this sort of oddity & conflict - so I’m left wondering is every around him accidentally a weirdo, or is it him ???? 

• Haha 1

I suppose anybody would be bored, and go mad after a year or two living in a condo, which is just another name for a flat.

Retirement is supposed to be enjoyable, it would seem like a failure to me if I had to live in a flat for the rest of my life, especially in cheapo Jomtien or Pattaya.

A three-bed single-floor house in a nice gated area is much better for us older folk, oh and one that is not mostly occupied by old miserable farangs, even better,  hardly any farangs at all as is the case here where I live. 

29 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So then, you agree to stick up for the Chinese foreigners...in the future?

I have no problem with anyone besides narcissists, those who hurt others intentionally, and those that think they're superior to others.

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I have no problem with anyone besides narcissists, those who hurt others intentionally, and those that think they're superior to others.

I share these sentiments of yours, wholeheartedly.

Couldn't have expressed them better myself, in fact.

Especially, I hate those who mistakenly believe they are somehow superior.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is it only me that gets bothered by bored farang in Pattaya ?

During the years I lived in Pattaya, I did a lot of street photography with my trusty Canon EOS DSLR camera.  It was a pro-am model (70D) but a lot of farang figured I was a photo journaalist or pro photographer of some sort.  I was asked too many times to count why I was taking photos.

91--F1vw27L.png.c8dc69d58e21acd464a1343f15eeae7a.png

I only did "legit" street photography in areas where there was no expectation of privacy.  I never took shots of individual farang interacting with girls.  I still got plenty of "why" questions, often asked in an angry tone of voice.

I gave one of two answers, depending on circumstances.  First answer:  "I'm on assignment for The New York Times to capture a photo to illustrate a front-page story on the hunt for pedophiles in Asia."  Second answer;  "I'm the advance ground producer for Dog the Bounty Hunter TV series.  Dog will be doing a special on the estimated 10,000 farang with active warrants hiding in Thailand.  We'll be filming a lot in this area."  I usually said that about New Plaza,  Soi Buakhao and parts of the Darkside and Jomtien.

Reactions ranged from peals of laughter to outrage I thought wiuld turn physical.  The U.S. sense of humor is difficult for many Pattaya residents to grasp.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

I suppose anybody would be bored, and go mad after a year or two living in a condo, which is just another name for a flat.

Retirement is supposed to be enjoyable, it would seem like a failure to me if I had to live in a flat for the rest of my life, especially in cheapo Jomtien or Pattaya.

A three-bed single-floor house in a nice gated area is much better for us older folk, oh and one that is not mostly occupied by old miserable farangs, even better,  hardly any farangs at all as is the case here where I live. 

I agree ,I just looked at a condo in Jomtien called the Grand or  similar...,18sqm room ...lol ,even smaller than a hotel room

Now there is farang living in this building in rooms that big ,you can only fit a double bed inside 

Edited by georgegeorgia