Taxi Driver Arrested for Attacking Australian Tourist

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The 39-year-old Australian was injured with a cutter knife, suffering a wound to his right abdomen. Rescuers transported him to the hospital for treatment.

Seems to be well bandaged...

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ooh! The notorious taxi driver mental illness. It´s funny how they always seem to have sharp object or something to use for blunt force action. Must be on the list, to always have in the car as a taxi driver. Just lucky it wasn´t a machete or katana this time. Next time, maybe a gun. Who know. All is possible in the land of smiles.

I have heard that BKK taxi drivers often carry weapons(or something that serves for  that purpose)  in their dashboard.

Their arsenals also include loaded handguns.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Well that is a bit sus.

Not that there is anything wrong with of course. 

This thread will bring out the anti thai taxi driver brigade. A thai bashing favorite, right up near the top.

personally I have always found Bangkok taxis to be cheap and plentiful. Better than the expensive ones back in the UK. For me the cheap taxis is one of the good things about Bangkok.

I fail to understand your very first paragraph... just was "sus?"

As for taxi drivers, why do you not read all the articles where they perform badly.. as for price, bit hard to compare.. living standards are very different, along with industrial regulations. 

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

they always seem to have sharp object or something to use for blunt force action.

Sadly they are in a vulnerable position and need to protect themselves from foreigners like this one who bashed this taxi driver after being asked not to smoke in the taxi and refusing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, the Australian doesn't look like as to shut a door softly. 😂

What does a "closing door softly" Australian look like... your comment is very strange.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yet another 'good news story' for attracting 'quality tourists' to Thailand.  Does anyone else think that there are more bad news stories about tourists than before - the high season is only just starting.   

Is this a "bad" story about a tourist  who, by the way, was slashed.... I simply do not understand your comment  about the tourist... do you have a problem with every tourist,  if so, tell us why... Mr Tourist.

1 minute ago, Aussie999 said:

Is this a "bad" story about a tourist  who, by the way, was slashed.... I simply do not understand your comment  about the tourist... do you have a problem with every tourist,  if so, tell us why... Mr Tourist.

I think this post of yours is the best example of why I will pull out of here as soon as Trump wins.

You simply do not understand simple things - eg. it is a story that is not so good for 'quality tourism'.

Perhaps I am getting too old - or perhaps there are too many drugged out sexpats here now.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

This thread will bring out the anti thai taxi driver brigade. A thai bashing favorite, right up near the top.

Damn right, and well deserved. They gouge tourists and expats with outrageous fares, they flout the law, and a car door that isn't ever so gingerly closed warrants a slashing of a tourist's stomach. 

I'd like to see this buffoon taxi driver in prison. A picture should be taken every few months to remind other larcenous taxi drivers. 

If you love taxi drivers too much, pay double the fare. 

If you don't do that, then stop lauding these louts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ooh! The notorious taxi driver mental illness. It´s funny how they always seem to have sharp object or something to use for blunt force action. Must be on the list, to always have in the car as a taxi driver. Just lucky it wasn´t a machete or katana this time. Next time, maybe a gun. Who know. All is possible in the land of smiles.

The Aussie looks as if he has eaten a few taxi drivers in his time.

• Haha 2

This Bangkok taxi driver must be the type that hates farangs, cheats foreigners on a daily basis on refusing to ride witj the meter probably...no wonder Grab, Bolt and Uber became planetary successes almost overnight.

I never give in to the Bangkok taxi or tuk tuk mafia. It's either the BTS or MRT or Grab. Mainly at the airport. I flee the official taxis like the plague...in fact I'd rather hire a car from the aiport to downtown and even pay double or triple, but no way those regular and agressive taxi cheats are going to get my money any more.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

He should have to suck the booby as part of his punishment.

image.png.e668b05ebe253b82c359cf6cfaee6282.png

He's not really sorry, just begging the Aussie to drop the charges and by the looks of it fatty is having none of it

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I think this post of yours is the best example of why I will pull out of here as soon as Trump wins.

You simply do not understand simple things - eg. it is a story that is not so good for 'quality tourism'.

Perhaps I am getting too old - or perhaps there are too many drugged out sexpats here now.

Perhaps you should leave, because you comment makes absolutely no sense, you see sexpats everywhere... also you tarnish toursts, simply because they were attacked... you are very strange, but I now understand why you follow trump, you both have the same mentality.