Thailand’s Winter Expected to Start 29 October, Colder Than Last Year

webfact

42 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Love it. Bring it on. But I'm still wearing short sleeves while the Thais are in jackets and scarves. 

Same here, I spent my whole life in New England (USA), I prefer the cold, or at least cooler than the blast furnace here in Thailand. My Ideal every day temp would be 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has announced that the 2024 winter season is set to begin on 29 October 2024 and is expected to last until late February 2025. This season is anticipated to be colder than last year, with December 2024 to January 2025 marking the coldest period.

Best get a pair of socks out in readiness... last years minimum here was 19Cat night

4 hours ago, watchcat said:

I don't know where you're living but I can tell you excep from last year it was very cold in the morning 12 degree C inside the house. Northern parts of Thailand.

I am living in Phetchaburi province and the last years we used the airco every day instead of several years ago

I am just happy that in most of Thailand it is considerred cold if the temperature is lower than 20C

To be fair, I ould rather spend Winter months in Thailand and not in Siberia, I am sure that most expats

would agree.