Anyone else with a yahoo mail problem?

isaanistical

I have a yahoo.com email address which I rarely use. Yesterday, on starting the PC (I get email via Thunderbird, but it appears to be the same if I go direct to yahoo's site), I got a new message from Yahoo demanding I sign in again, and wanting to send a verification code – to a phone number that finished years ago. No alternative is offered.

This email is important only because it's the one I use for Immigration TM47s, etc, (and previously also Lazada, but I have the same view of Lazada as of Immigration, so…). Otherwise I could dispense with it and yahoo.

Is there something up with yahoo? Is there a known way round not having the requisite phone number? And why are they so d@mn obstructive for no apparent reason?

I had/have numerous yahoo mail accounts, as days past, they didn't require a ph#.  Seems now there's always a problem signing in, and the code thing doesn't work, as sent to another yahoo account, which needs to be signed in.

I won't give my ph# to any account, that I don't need, as like to be incognito on the web.   Only 1 mail accounts (hotmail) has my real name & ph#.  All the rest have BS info.

Even AN, I think is a yahoo account, and if ever asked to verify that, I'd be gone, or have to start a new username, I think.  Though doubt I'd bother, especially if Ph# required.

If the phone number is finished and no backup email had been specified you better forget that Email adr.

I have no problems with yahoo. Have two backup emails specified and no phone number.

From time to time I am asked to specify additional email adr. Or phone nr. which I decline.

Recovering might cost you time and effort:

"Live agent help - Contact paid premium support at (800) 745-0739"

Edited by KhunBENQ