List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Did Modena Pizzaria, Sai Yuan, Rawai last night with a fellow TV member. In the past I have knocked the pizza for being a bit to chewy in the crust but I tell you what, his pastas are awesome.

We had a lasagna and a cheese ravioli dish and both were very tasty.

Someone mentioned he might be closing but there were half a dozen tables last night, and I think he's just getting more and more popular. Hope he sticks around.

I liked the chewy crust. Now it's the same boring crispy crust that most places seem to have. I'll have to try the lasagna.

We don't get there often, however my wife wanted to buy a few pearl trinkets as presents for Bangkok based work colleagues, so we headed down to the market near Rawai pier. As it was also lunchtime, and I having had a couple of small Singhas whilst the wife did her buying thing, we stayed down there for lunch. There are some very good fresh seafood stalls selling everything from fresh fish to live lobsters. There are a couple of restaurants opposite who will cook your purchases for you if you wish. Very pleasant lunchtime with good food, and entertainment in the form of people watching as they pass by.

We had a broad selection that included prawn fritters (really good), a noodle with squid dish, prawns in red curry sauce, a snapper in sweet and sour sauce, and a small fried rice with seafood (never had as much seafood packed into the rice as much as this one).

Very reasonable prices for the food and drink (small Singha at 60 baht), especially the wine (a bottled Mont Clair white - far superior to the ubiquitous boxed Mont Clair) at 70 baht a glass.

post-62520-0-83046300-1364721774_thumb.j

post-62520-0-01928100-1364721787_thumb.j

post-62520-0-59090600-1364721803_thumb.j

post-62520-0-90066800-1364721815_thumb.j

post-62520-0-88844700-1364721826_thumb.j

post-62520-0-45742700-1364721843_thumb.j

post-62520-0-67787100-1364721856_thumb.j

post-62520-0-76724900-1364721869_thumb.j

post-62520-0-41374400-1364722250_thumb.j

post-62520-0-86076900-1364722266_thumb.j

post-62520-0-23150100-1364722280_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

This thread seems to be dominated by people down south, but for anyone living in Rassada there is a really good restaurant named Prikwan. It's right on Rassadanusorn Road (the main drag through Rassada) next to the Tesco Express. It's set back off the road a bit, behind a small roti vending operation.

They have an extensive menu and the dishes are all high quality and very reasonable prices. Crowded every night, but they get the dishes out pretty fast.

This thread seems to be dominated by people down south, but for anyone living in Rassada there is a really good restaurant named Prikwan. It's right on Rassadanusorn Road (the main drag through Rassada) next to the Tesco Express. It's set back off the road a bit, behind a small roti vending operation.

They have an extensive menu and the dishes are all high quality and very reasonable prices. Crowded every night, but they get the dishes out pretty fast.

Am always interested in trying somewhere new, but I'm struggling with the location you're describing though we eat regularly around Phuket Town. Any chance you can do a Google Maps direction, and maybe more of a description of the food on offer? We don't do evening food that often, mainly lunchtime. Have you been there at lunchtime, is it still as good?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of times dinner in the Belgium Suomi Steakhouse at Soi La Diva in Patong. I had every time a perfect 'steak au poivre', so it was not a lucky shot from the chef. A 3cm thick steak, cooked 'bleu-chaud', and melting like butter in the mouth. And that together with the excellent fries like we make them in Belgium. Made me feel back home. :)

• Like 1

Just returned home from Phuket :(

Stayed at the Friendship Beach Resort at Rawai. Restaurant there had a wide range of food. Loved the pork spare ribs. They had anything from egg sandwich for lunch to beautiful breakfast menu.

Service is great, Eat dinner there & the chef is more than likely to come and ask you how it is.

Kept my 86 year old mother busy, eating her way through the lot.

It's also nice & close to Villa Market. Son was grumbling about having my fix 2 days after I arrived. HE ate the french camembert in one day. And the next one as promptly. 500 Bt each.

Had a reasonable German meal at a place which I think is called Berlin Currywurst on Soi Yodsane (right side on the road to the Big Buddha). It is in a garden setting (not flash) with a red & white striped kitchen. Good size portion, good prices & the lady said they make their own sausages & some cheese.

I ate at La Capannina in Patong last week - the main restaurant at the end of Soi Nanai 2, not the sister restaurant on Nanai Road (which is very noisy and somewhat limited to pizza menu).

I wanted to report the pizza was quite sublime, and made me realise that I have eaten far too many average pizzas in my life. In every respect it was perfectly cooked, prepared etc. My friend had the fritto misto (mixed small fish fried) which was enough food for three people - a vast portion of very nice seafood. A very wide selection of inexpensive and superior (by Thai standards) wine, very authentic Italian ambience and great service at this family onwed restaurant. One of the best value meals I have eaten in Thailand in many years.

Found a good restaurant in Soi Bangklang off Chao Fa West opposite the stationery shop. You have to go up the soi until it starts to rise & then turn left. They advertised crumbed fish n chips but I was able to get battered. Very nice, well presented with large home made chips. It is called Falang Paradise & Thai guy running the restaurant has good experience under his belt.

Where is Soi Bangklang? F&C fan wants to know.

If you drive from Chalong circle towards Wat Chalong it is on the left side before you get to the PTT station. There is a small shop on the corner which sometimes has a big fish hanging outside. Almost directly opposite is a shop which sells copy paper. It is just after where the road narrows at the end of the wide straight section from the big Buddha lights. The soi is just a number now & I will try & remember to look what it is next time I pass.

I've recently eaten at the Italian restaurant Pomodoro in Samkong not far from Bangkok Phuket Hospital going towards Phuket Town on the same side of the road. The Thai lady owner is very polite, the cook is Italian trained and the food is outstanding at reasonable prices. The the decor is simple but stylish and certainly recommend a visit.

Thai food is also available, opening hours are 10.00 AM to 10.00 PM.

No booze license so BYO.........enjoy.

If you drive from Chalong circle towards Wat Chalong it is on the left side before you get to the PTT station. There is a small shop on the corner which sometimes has a big fish hanging outside. Almost directly opposite is a shop which sells copy paper. It is just after where the road narrows at the end of the wide straight section from the big Buddha lights. The soi is just a number now & I will try & remember to look what it is next time I pass.

Ok, tks!

Tried to find it this afternoon. Opposite the stationery shop there are 2 small sois, one just before (has a sign for Infinity Pools about 50 metres or so up the soi), and one just after (both have some kind of vehicle accessory store on a corner). Went up both of these sois for quite some distance, and no restaurant to be found.

Edited by pagallim

Did you turn left once you were in the soi?

There weren't any clear left turnings in either soi.

There was/is a used car dealer on the corner by the shop which sells fish. You go up the soi turn left then right & keep going until the soi starts to rise & you will see a fairly new home on the corner & a sign about the restaurant where you turn left & it is about 100m on the right of the dead end soi.

Did you turn left once you were in the soi?

There weren't any clear left turnings in either soi.

There was/is a used car dealer on the corner by the shop which sells fish. You go up the soi turn left then right & keep going until the soi starts to rise & you will see a fairly new home on the corner & a sign about the restaurant where you turn left & it is about 100m on the right of the dead end soi.

OK, then it must be the second soi (closest to PTT station) then as the first soi (past 'Infinity Pools' is a dead end after a couple of hundred metres or so. Will give it another go.

I used google streetview and saw that the soi forks left and right. It is a long drive to start going up the hill. I went left then right. Huge house mansion castle on the left halfway up there. Will try to find it this weekend.

I used google streetview and saw that the soi forks left and right. It is a long drive to start going up the hill. I went left then right. Huge house mansion castle on the left halfway up there. Will try to find it this weekend.

OK, I know where you are. Incidentally, that 'huge house mansion' belongs to the guy who sold me my current house. Fantastic house, built on 7 rai.

On the way home from some shopping this morning, had another look and found the place. You turn up the soi with the 'Thai Modern Resort' sign, keep going a few hundred metres where the road goes left then right, and continue up another few hundred metres until you get to the soi with the sign at the end. This soi is only about 100 metres long and is a dead end. The restaurant is second to last on the right (it doesn't have a sign yet but does have a large covered parking space. The menu looks good, and the drinks very reasonable (50 baht for a small Singha, 60 baht for a large Chang). Will be back this evening with M'Sahib to try the food.

Some photos for guidance (click to enlarge):

post-62520-0-77720600-1367558414_thumb.j

post-62520-0-10872300-1367558431_thumb.j

post-62520-0-34671000-1367558446_thumb.j

post-62520-0-22527000-1367558460_thumb.j

post-62520-0-56137800-1367558486_thumb.j

post-62520-0-93430900-1367558501_thumb.j

• Like 1

So, went back to 'Falang Paradise' last night for supper. I had the fish and chips, which whilst not being completely comparable to the UK variety, was nontheless quite good. The batter (option of batter or breaded) was crisp and not overladen with oil, and the potato wedges instead of thin cut chips were also good. The breaded chicken was also recommended so I ordered that as well as a take away (moist chicken, crispy coating).

They have a reasonable selection of farang type food, including pastas and pizza (Friday is a 'pizza special' night), as well as Thai food. It's a small place with one chef, so if there are quite a few in you might have to wait for a short while (which is not a hardship as it's a quiet and pleasant environment with landscaped gardens).

A friendly Swedish/Thai couple have the place, and it's actually a small resort of 7 units, with a swimming pool. Prices appear to be competitive and having had a look at the rooms, they are of good quality.

It's not the kind of place that you're going to chance upon, so you have to make a conscious decision to go there. So far it's offered good food and service, with much lower than average prices.

A couple of photos of the food (click to enlarge):

post-62520-0-69387800-1367647812_thumb.j

post-62520-0-00166400-1367647826_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a very good Hamburger and fries at Steak Rawai on San Yuan road (accross from the old Dons)

160 bht with a coke, Real beef, fresh toasted bun lettuce tomato & mayo..

The table next to me had a T-Bone steak with mashed and a salad looked good to.

Open late till 2am

worth a try for sure.. clap2.gif

Just had a very good Hamburger and fries at Steak Rawai on San Yuan road (accross from the old Dons)

Open late till 2am

My opinion: fries are good there and they are cheap. But they really have no clue how to cook a hamburger or a steak.

My opinion: fries are good there and they are cheap. But they really have no clue how to cook a hamburger or a steak.

Open late till 2am

My Burger was fine for being coked in a fry pan, greasy but no fillers like most places around just meat..

I will agree the frys were just the way i like them...kinda burnt...yummy..

Did not try the steak yet...

Edited by glassdude007