List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Khao Mun Gai shop on Rat U Thid road in Patong opposite the main SCB bank still the best. Another on the road from Kathu to Lotus just after the 90 degree bend on the left as you travel towards Kathu also good. It is all about the sauce and the soup - yummy.

I am a definite lover of this food and any other suggestions much appreciated.

• Like 1

post-89724-0-37065600-1369843562_thumb.jWent to Lem Hinn seafood tonight,usually we take the boat to Kruvit but there is a new place name Lobster before Kruvit that just open up

Wow, really good food,good prices and clean toilets they even had some belgian beer and wine

Price pretty mutch the same as the other ones, you can even have dinner on the big boat as that is the owner of Lobster

Try they Lobster and Oyster

Went to Delish Cafe for the first time to have breakfast.

Good breakfast, good menu in general. I might go there again for something other than breakfast.

Prices are high as you would expect from the location.

For breakfast, there is much better value elsewhere.

Given that......the place was very busy inside and has seem to become quite trendy. I know this as I observed gangs of western women as some of their customers.

Very good service and very professionally run.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've only read through half of the 755 posts here so far, so apologies if this one has been mentioned.

Garage Cafe in Kamala: an inspired little joint, the beach side of the main road (moo 3?).

Best coffee i've had on Phuket, and equal to anything i've drunk anywhere. Maybe it has just been a while since I had a good coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hua Soi is back again!

They used to be in Chaofa West road but is now right next to Chalong Police Station.

The same husband-wife team in the kitchen whips up delicious Thai dishes at very reasonable prices (e.g. 50 THB fried rice).

The wife said they had moved there less than a month ago.

Being next to the police station means a lot of coppers go for their meals and downtime there.

There also seem to be a coffee-cafe type of bar at the entrance.

Sorry the pictures weren't well taken.

post-9816-0-47027500-1372335747_thumb.jp

post-9816-0-80445600-1372335838_thumb.jp

• Like 1

So, went back to 'Falang Paradise' last night for supper. I had the fish and chips, which whilst not being completely comparable to the UK variety, was nontheless quite good. The batter (option of batter or breaded) was crisp and not overladen with oil, and the potato wedges instead of thin cut chips were also good. The breaded chicken was also recommended so I ordered that as well as a take away (moist chicken, crispy coating).

They have a reasonable selection of farang type food, including pastas and pizza (Friday is a 'pizza special' night), as well as Thai food. It's a small place with one chef, so if there are quite a few in you might have to wait for a short while (which is not a hardship as it's a quiet and pleasant environment with landscaped gardens).

A friendly Swedish/Thai couple have the place, and it's actually a small resort of 7 units, with a swimming pool. Prices appear to be competitive and having had a look at the rooms, they are of good quality.

It's not the kind of place that you're going to chance upon, so you have to make a conscious decision to go there. So far it's offered good food and service, with much lower than average prices.

A couple of photos of the food (click to enlarge):

Have been going back to Falang Paradise on a weekly basis, trying out their menu options. The pizzas on a Friday night are good, as is their pasta dishes (spaghetti and meatballs, Chicken Alfredo recommended), and the Thai food is also very good. Last night I had their Swedish style meatballs, mashed potato and lingonberry jam, and onion gravy, which was excellent.

Some photos of recent dishes.

post-62520-0-31762900-1372378540_thumb.j

post-62520-0-96435600-1372378551_thumb.j

post-62520-0-39683300-1372378566_thumb.j

post-62520-0-20584900-1372378580_thumb.j

post-62520-0-75456700-1372378604_thumb.j

post-62520-0-36564300-1372378617_thumb.j

post-62520-0-82884100-1372378633_thumb.j

Any pics of their fish and chips?

Here you go, from my first visit there last month. There are 2 'chip' options, one being the standard stick type chips, or potato wedges (shown in photo). Tartare sauce and small salad rounds it off. The chef has also learned how to make beer batter.

Another good looking dish which I've seen but not yet tried, is their All Day English Breakfast, which is tremendous value at 150 baht. Includes real sausage, bacon, beans, hash browns, eggs how you want, toast and jam. I'll post up a photo when I get round to having it. Also, they're closed on Mondays now, but I think only during the low season.

post-62520-0-13391800-1372399072_thumb.j

Farang Paradise today (13.30) had the Fish & Chips for 170 Baht . Excellent. House wine 80 Baht. Very nice Host. Yes, they are closed on Mondays. Pizza night tonight (Friday) from 18.00 - 21.00

attachicon.gifFish&Chips.jpg

I persuaded the wife to try the 'All Day Breakfast' last night, so I could get a photo. Meanwhile I went with the Swedish Meatballs and Mash again.

post-62520-0-45050200-1372635520_thumb.j

post-62520-0-10163200-1372635531_thumb.j

post-62520-0-18855300-1372635546_thumb.j

• Like 1

Any places recomment at SURIN BEACH/BANG TAO/CHEANGTALAY/LAGUNA ?

Or any good places to hang out ?

Why don't you research, visit, and post your recommendations? Remember it's about food.

• 2 weeks later...

Farang Paradise today (13.30) had the Fish & Chips for 170 Baht . Excellent. House wine 80 Baht. Very nice Host. Yes, they are closed on Mondays. Pizza night tonight (Friday) from 18.00 - 21.00

Falang Paradise yesterday (2 pm)

post-35489-0-15434000-1373704717.jpg

post-35489-0-64526500-1373704762.jpg

That's a lot of fish! biggrin.png

post-35489-0-15434000-1373704717_thumb.j

post-35489-0-64526500-1373704762_thumb.j

Where is this restaurant, Farang Paradise?

OK, going south from Wat Chalong on Chaofa West, about 200 metres after the Chalong Animal Hospital on the right, there's a small soi with a couple of signs, one for 'Falang Paradise'. It's about 400 metres up that soi, and well signposted.

Where is this restaurant, Farang Paradise?

From post 733:

Found a good restaurant in Soi Bangklang off Chao Fa West opposite the stationery shop. You have to go up the soi until it starts to rise & then turn left. They advertised crumbed fish n chips but I was able to get battered. Very nice, well presented with large home made chips. It is called Falang Paradise & Thai guy running the restaurant has good experience under his belt.

From 735:

If you drive from Chalong circle towards Wat Chalong it is on the left side before you get to the PTT station. There is a small shop on the corner which sometimes has a big fish hanging outside. Almost directly opposite is a shop which sells copy paper. It is just after where the road narrows at the end of the wide straight section from the big Buddha lights. The soi is just a number now & I will try & remember to look what it is next time I pass.

From 745:

On the way home from some shopping this morning, had another look and found the place. You turn up the soi with the 'Thai Modern Resort' sign, keep going a few hundred metres where the road goes left then right, and continue up another few hundred metres until you get to the soi with the sign at the end. This soi is only about 100 metres long and is a dead end. The restaurant is second to last on the right (it doesn't have a sign yet but does have a large covered parking space.

Falang Paradise yesterday (2 pm)

post-35489-0-15434000-1373704717.jpg

post-35489-0-64526500-1373704762.jpg

That's a lot of fish! biggrin.png

You should have taken the photos before you ate all the chips

Five chips. More of a garnish than part of the meal......

If you ask for chips you will get the frozen variety. For the ones in the photo ask for wedges. Price is 170 Baht.

I actually couldn't finish the wedges - I left two ends as I was full up. Maybe next time I'll take a ruler to give some kind of scale to the photos.

I think from the comments, most who have actually been there are agreed that the fish and chips/wedges are good. It's unreasonable to expect a typical UK style fish and chips, but what you actually get is a good meal of battered fish, and fried potatoes. The pasta dishes are also good, and the chef will adjust according to taste.

I think it also important to reiterate that this is a very small resort restaurant. It can't seat probably no more than 20, so don't expect slick service.

tt