Kawasaki Ninja 250r Available

Richard-BKK

LivinLos: You think thats a markup ?? Look at an FZ6, 447k here v 6200 USD.. Or a Ducati 696 at IIRC 580k v at 8500.. Thats without looking at the big stuff like a FZ1N or a BMW K1200.. Those are easy 2x the US pricing.

Yep, it sucks! And I look at the U.S. sitez and wonder why the f@#K they get it so good!

Ok, for Western standards it is may be not too expensive, but for 12,000 Baht / year u can even insure a 1,300 cc bike at Thaivisa Insurance. However it is convenient to sign the insurance at the purchase, I admit.

Moo9

Hi Moo,

Sorry to bother you, but can you show me where on ThaiVisa I can get 1st class insurance for a 1300cc motorcycle for 12,000 Baht/year?

I looked up motorcycle insurance rates on Thai Visa here: High CC Motorcycle Insurance

The chart doesn't even show rates for new bikes, but the rate for a 2006 bike with a value of 140,000 Thai Baht is 12,428 Baht/year.

Have to assume the rates for 2008 bikes will be higher.

Also, the deductible on the Thai Visa policy is 10,000 Thai Baht which is double the 5,000 Thai Baht deductible I'd get with Kawasaki's plan...

Maybe I'm missing something? Thanks for any clarification you can provide and all the best! :o

Gorgeous looking bike......why isn't my timing better? I shan't be back in Thailand until November!

A few concerns I have though:

That's either the tallest toddler I've ever seen or the seat height (and overall dimensions) aren't that greatly increased over the CBR 150R. Actually checking out Wikipedia it's slightly lower. How's that going to affect things?

If when I get home and do purchase one, how does the price (139k+6.95k[assuming no more discount--that's my luck!]+9.5k[taxes]+12k[insurance]=167.45) compare to the current 600cc offerings?

Like I've stated earlier, I've ridden a previous version of the bike. However, that was some 10 years ago when I was younger, dumber, and slimmer. I do remember you had to keep the bike on a boil to keep it going like I expected, but before that experience I had only ridden 250cc 2T and 400cc dirtbikes. Also, I remember it being bigger than that, but I suppose perhaps that's just the years on me.

So if you lucky new owners could provide ride accounts and sentiments on the bike, it would be much appreciated.

The quote I got from Kawasaki Big Bike showroom was 139,900 including VAT and helmet + registration cost of 925 Baht. They also offer either 3rd Party insurance for 6 hundred something baht (Not recommended) or the full one for 12K plus. Since the promo ends this month and I am not in Thailand until September they had no objections for me to put down 10K to reserve one for the promo price. So my total runs to ca. 152K baht fully insured and on the road with the book in order. You can always try the same approach, and reserve one until you arrive... I will get mine the 9th of September and can hardly wait.

• 1 month later...