• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

160 k or burst.

What does that mean?

I think there was an extra "r" in there

There is a old saying xxx or bust wink.png

Bike looks very clean but it is 100% a buyers market now with good clean er6's turning up frequently

I saw one same year same color but with Pirelli's & some other things for 170k

Not sure what the mileage was but bike was very clean

Sadly here there is no regulation on mileage

Anyone can change a speedo anytime & it is cheap.

Mine broke at 5k km & Kawasaki put a new one

I asked about mileage being 5k short now & they just laughed

PS: pretty easy to tell if only 69km though as stock tires would still have all the little

titties on them smile.png

yes sorry for the typo. It has to be bust. Is it an old saying now mania? Maybe I am getting old!

You are right. Rear tire looks like it is used more than 69 km.

But really hard to fully sure from the photos.

I've bought a second hand CBR ones and it had 89km on the clock....they've rode it from Prao to CM....just about right I think and I didn't questioned anything,because the bike really looked like new(1 week)... ;)

I understand funcat.

I was supposed to go today, but a bad cold with bouts of fever won't let me. Will go tomorrow, inshallah.

Called the guy, and he seems very friendly and genuine on the phone. I asked him again about the 69km, and he assured me they are original. He's a busy businessman and only rode the bike up and down the Soi, while his driver took care of the basic maintenance.

Will report tomorrow.

I understand funcat.

I was supposed to go today, but a bad cold with bouts of fever won't let me. Will go tomorrow, inshallah.

Called the guy, and he seems very friendly and genuine on the phone. I asked him again about the 69km, and he assured me they are original. He's a busy businessman and only rode the bike up and down the Soi, while his driver took care of the basic maintenance.

Will report tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow. I'd still ask why the tyres have no "new tyre" rubber stalks or coloured lines showing on the tyres. Maybe the originals rotted but suggest you get to the bottom of it. Be very careful when you ride it for any shakes/wobbles caused by accident repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just came back from Bkk.

VENI, VIDI, EMPTUM

The bike is immaculate. It has the original Dunlop tires on (year 2009) and you can still see some of the 'titties', not the coloured lines though. How long can these tires be used?

Apart from a set of sliders, the bike is completely original.

I checked all around the bike for signs of usage, but it's spotless. The key itself and around the key lock are like new, no scratches whatsoever anywhere...just as you would expect from a new bike. The only blamish I could find, was the front light transparent plastic had warped a bit due to prolonged heat exposure from the light bulb. The guy explained it happened when his driver started the bike from time to time and let it run to keep the battery alive. I wonder how long it takes for the plastic to warp like that....

Paperwork is all there. The service book shows the first service (1000km) done in 2012. Guess they didn't know where to write it. The bike has now 71km!

The guy, who works for one of the biggest companies worldwide, has more toys than time, and was actually very nice. I think this is truly a unique find.

Needless to say that I bought it. 170k

Happy days!

post-159090-0-29660700-1403428723_thumb.

post-159090-0-54960100-1403428824_thumb.

post-159090-0-81230100-1403428892_thumb.

post-159090-0-40739000-1403429019_thumb.

post-159090-0-38364200-1403429080_thumb.

post-159090-0-55481400-1403429153_thumb.

post-159090-0-47668500-1403429224_thumb.

Edited by OmegaRacer

Congrats, good bike and a good deal.

Happy rides! Change oil and liquids asap.

Also change the tires. They are on the bike for five years and sure not so safe to ride with them. I can see some cracks from the photos.

Edited by ll2

The one I saw was a tricked out KSR (which he rarely rode too) and he told me about a Volvo 4x4 that he sold after 3-4 years with only 5.000km on it. Same story, the buyer could hardly believe it.

He also told me that at the time he bought the ER, he couldn't even ride a big bike. He had to go to Rama9 for 6 weeks to take lessons in the car park of the Kawa dealer! biggrin.png

What a guy!

I'm excited to get the bike and I was thinking about some decent saddlebags. Not the top box, as I don't like them. Just 2 soft but sturdy sidebags, possibly with bracket..and not for crazy money.

By now you guys must have tried and tested all there is out there...

Do you have any suggestions?

Please don't tell me you're thinking of putting saddlebags on an ER6n. I know it's an underpowered, overweight beginner's bike but...come on.

Just as bad as putting a top box on a sportsbike IMO.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

post-181811-14035357224922_thumb.jpg

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Actually, I'm a bit surprised by your comment.

I've ridden one before, with passenger and bags, around Chiang Mai, and found it very enjoyable with more than enough power to handle the weight.

But then, my wife and I are of normal weight.

How much do you weigh?

Weight's not the issue here.

Saddlebags, especially the ones with chrome studs, belong on Hardleys, not sport bikes.

Next you'll be painting flames on your fairing.

But go ahead and put bags on your bike. Post a picture even.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

You're crazy if you think I would even consider putting HD saddlebags on it.
There are saddlebags out there made especially for the ER6n.
Google "Bags Connection" for the ER.

And then, first you say the ER is underpowered and heavy 'beginners' bike....and now you're saying it's a sport bike? Make up your mind.

When you put down someone or something, it says more about you than about what you're trying to put down.

Look, I've done it for you...

post-159090-0-18648600-1403591380_thumb.

Edited by OmegaRacer

Omega I just saw some AlpineStar soft bags on FB today

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ak-Racing/1470451323189842

AK-Racing............1850 baht

They also have a website in English

listed http://www.ak-racing.com/

Although they dont have much on website like most Thai companies

Seem to like FB better

Nonthaburi

They look to be the expandable type for extra space

10418509_1494739337427707_22364132779132

Edited by mania

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look.

I've been recommended the Bags Connection by a friend. They're made in Germany and cost around 10k. He had some cheaper bags before (mocyc.com bags) which were terrible, so I'm a bit weary about buying cheap Chinese stuff.

The Alpinestars look ok in the pics, but I wonder how they would hold up in time.

sure it is fake for that price.

still fine if you use them for touring once in a while and not everyday.

But, once you fill them, they will touch to the wheel possibly without pannier supporters installed.