Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

You know you guys are right with all these mods, so here's the plan....

Have bike re-sprayed in Kwak Lime green

Change wheels for some Marchesinis

Fully adjustable Ohlins front shocks and rear damper with piggy back reservoir

Brembo 6 pot calipers

Akrapovic race exhaust

Magura straight bars

PC III and dynojetted for max low to mid range for dusting folks at lights

Change to 180 rear cos someone said it will handle better

Corbin single seat

Slipper clutch

Nitrous Oxide (NO2) injection

and of course the obligatory frame sliders as i'm sure to attend a track day............

I think thats all for now but any suggestion appreciated

Happy April 1st everyone :o

p.s Gonna get King Tony to do all the mods cos he's the Man

Edited by Rickster

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone actually bought one on finance thru Rama 9 kawasaki?

Is finance available to Farang buyers? Or need be registered in a thai name?

I asked if finance can be in Farang name at the kawa stand at the motor show.....no one seemed to know??? Finally said no...but Im sure that answer was just to escape the embarrasment of not knowing.

If you have a work permit you can apply for credit/finance in Thailand. Happy Trails! Tony

On phuket they made it clear no work permit required.. and I asked over and over to be sure.

Passport copy.. not even sure about long stay visa ?? But they were 100% on not needing it.. Surely they use the same finance arm.

A mate inquired about this also in Phuket, no permit req'd but 60% downpayment and the rest borrowed to a max of 2 years with a Thai guarantor to sign docs. Not giving much away to those who want credit....

Has anyone actually bought one on finance thru Rama 9 kawasaki?

Is finance available to Farang buyers? Or need be registered in a thai name?

I asked if finance can be in Farang name at the kawa stand at the motor show.....no one seemed to know??? Finally said no...but Im sure that answer was just to escape the embarrasment of not knowing.

If you have a work permit you can apply for credit/finance in Thailand. Happy Trails! Tony

On phuket they made it clear no work permit required.. and I asked over and over to be sure.

Passport copy.. not even sure about long stay visa ?? But they were 100% on not needing it.. Surely they use the same finance arm.

A mate inquired about this also in Phuket, no permit req'd but 60% downpayment and the rest borrowed to a max of 2 years with a Thai guarantor to sign docs. Not giving much away to those who want credit....

Then it changed from before the bikes were actually for sale..

Cos then he said something like 75 down and 5 for 3 years so 75+180 total 255.. I remember thinking it was really cheap.

But as I say.. that was his story when they hadnt yet got here.

I dont think Kwak Phuket expected so many farang to show interest so had to evaluate the terms and conditions. When i ordered mine the guy told me that out of the 7 sold (i think it was 7) only 2 sold to Thai the rest farang. In all honesty i think if they were to advertise and market this bike better across the island the sales would rocket. I for one wouldn't have a clue about it if it wasn't for a neighbour asking my opinion when showing me the brochure. I went down the next day to see it in the flesh and bought it within 5 mins, just ridiculous money, even if its just used for going to pick up laundry !!!

Go on Sef treat yourself you know it makes sense.....just dont tell the missus !!!

Edited by Rickster

Just out of interest did you guys in BKK have Kawasaki recommend Lockton Insurance. The guy in Phuket gave me a sheet with the 1st class premium from this company of 7,519.96. All my other bikes are insured with AXA as i was lead to believe they were the only company in Thailand that offered 1st class insurance on big bikes. All my other bikes premiums are 30K+ so this one for the ER6 seems too good to be true.....unless AXA have been taking advantage of being a sole supplier. Anyone get a quotation from AXA and how much was it ?

Cheers

The GF just called kawasaki to ask a few questions and the guy said that if I order an ER6N now, I will have to wait 'til June to get it...

He also said that financement was not available for peoples not living in Bangkok...

That sounds like BS to me... :o

What do you guys think?

The GF just called kawasaki to ask a few questions and the guy said that if I order an ER6N now, I will have to wait 'til June to get it...

Yes- all of the ER6n's have been sent to the dealers and the factory is currently producing Ninja 650R's for the North American market, so no more ER6n's until that production run is complete. I hear there are still one or two dealers who have not yet sold their inventory of ER6n's, but I know that Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai sold out a long time ago. Sounds like Phuket as well. The sooner you place your deposit the sooner you can get on the waiting list. TiT so you may be able to pay a bit extra to get yourself placed towards the top of the list... :o Happy Trails! Tony

Call another dealer..

Ours seems to be getting a couple of bikes every couple of weeks.. He makes it sound like a downpayment would mean you got one in the next batch without issues..

I disagree with that, they were forced to sell the 2 showroom bikes through lack of supply (showroom now out of stock) and he stressed that mine would be 1 month certainly not sooner but maybe later....

Better to just bang in a deposit and sit in the queue, i think it'll be a while before you can buy and ride the same day...

I'm waiting for someone to buy one and sell in the same month cos they hate it although all reviews i've read upto now are good

Edited by Rickster

Yes- all of the ER6n's have been sent to the dealers and the factory is currently producing Ninja 650R's for the North American market, so no more ER6n's until that production run is complete. I hear there are still one or two dealers who have not yet sold their inventory of ER6n's, but I know that Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai sold out a long time ago. Sounds like Phuket as well. The sooner you place your deposit the sooner you can get on the waiting list. TiT so you may be able to pay a bit extra to get yourself placed towards the top of the list... :o Happy Trails! Tony

Any idea how many were sold fro the first run in the Thai market?

Wonder why Kawasaki decided to have different names for the same bike. I much prefer Ninja 650R to ER6F, and Ninja 650N sounds good too.

Call another dealer..

Ours seems to be getting a couple of bikes every couple of weeks.. He makes it sound like a downpayment would mean you got one in the next batch without issues..

I disagree with that, they were forced to sell the 2 showroom bikes through lack of supply (showroom now out of stock) and he stressed that mine would be 1 month certainly not sooner but maybe later....

Better to just bang in a deposit and sit in the queue, i think it'll be a while before you can buy and ride the same day...

I'm waiting for someone to buy one and sell in the same month cos they hate it although all reviews i've read upto now are good

Well I guess thats changed in about 2 weeks.. He had the orange one on display that was sold and said he had 2 or 3 more due in near the end of the month and would have been able to have one of them if money was put down.. Maybe he didnt get those or they sold out before getting there.

Even so big difference between 1 month and June !!

Call another dealer..

Well I guess thats changed in about 2 weeks.. He had the orange one on display that was sold and said he had 2 or 3 more due in near the end of the month and would have been able to have one of them if money was put down.. Maybe he didnt get those or they sold out before getting there.

Well funnily enough, i rang Kawasaki BKK and asked about price and availability, price was same 225k but as you and another poster said June was the earliest.... I guess BKK have had they're quota for now so the other dealerships are having their stock in the next couple of months...

The manager in Kawa HKT said the orange and black one weren't for sale but just there for people to view the bike for real but not even demo's to road test. This is the first time i've ever bought a bike without road testing the demo but i thought for as cheap as it is if i dont like it i'll flog it, no dramas.....

Call another dealer..

Regarding availability of the ER6n Kawasaki Rama 9 BKK and Kawasaki Mityon Pattaya have been telling customers 2 month wait for quite some time now. Come back a month later and they'll still tell you "two months" :D 555 :o

Kawasaki Thailand received an allotment of 50 ER6n's per month for the 3 months of January, February and March, or 150 bikes, and as we all know, they sold out in a flash. Naturally the Thai sales staff would like to get more bikes, but for the time being 50 a month is all Kawasaki can spare and still keep up with foreign demand. And as mentioned before, the ER6n is not currently in production. The Rayong factory only has one 650cc line and it's currently still cranking out Ninja 650R's.

The manager in Kawa HKT said the orange and black one weren't for sale but just there for people to view the bike for real but not even demo's to road test. This is the first time i've ever bought a bike without road testing the demo but i thought for as cheap as it is if i dont like it i'll flog it, no dramas.....

The display model in BKK is an export model with ABS, hence not for sale in Thailand. Perhaps the same is true of the display models in Phuket? BKK does offer test rides, but only in the parking lot, so you can't get out of 2nd gear. Another alternative is to rent one- ER6n's are available for rent in Chiang Mai and Pattaya. Any for rent in Phuket?

after having a K1200R for a year i need to remember i'm nearly 40 not 21 anymore. The K1200R is THE best bike i've ever rode but its just too quick for Phuket

"Too quick for Phuket"... :D:o Hope you can handle the ER6n- some call it a good beginners bike, hopefully it'll also be good for timid geriatrics like you :D:D:D

Hey- if you're still scared to ride and are afraid of falling over I can set you up with some of these training wheels off of my 2 year olds bike:

BikeTrainingWheels.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi BigBikeBKK, just out of interest, are the engine sliders the standard length? They look barely long enough to protect the radiator end covers. At least that's how it looked in the pix's!

Hi BigBikeBKK, just out of interest, are the engine sliders the standard length? They look barely long enough to protect the radiator end covers. At least that's how it looked in the pix's!

Hiya BSJ,

Well, I'm not aware that there exists a "standard length" for engine sliders, but the ones I bought are certainly long enough to keep the engine, tank and radiator out of harms way in a knock over or low speed slide. Looks like the signal fairings might make contact, but they are only 300 Baht a piece to replace. Front axle sliders would probably do the trick, but it's not a big priority or concern for me at this point. In my 20 years of riding this is the first time I've ever installed frame sliders. I've had a few crashes over the years and I can think of one in which frame sliders would have saved me a lot of money. Hopefully I'll never have to find out how well they work on the ER6! But better to have them and not use them than to not have them and wish I did.

Maybe tomorrow I'll lay the bike down in the grass to see just where it settles. Hope I can get the grass stains out! :D:D:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

The display model in BKK is an export model with ABS, hence not for sale in Thailand. Perhaps the same is true of the display models in Phuket? BKK does offer test rides, but only in the parking lot, so you can't get out of 2nd gear. Another alternative is to rent one- ER6n's are available for rent in Chiang Mai and Pattaya. Any for rent in Phuket?

The 2 display models in Phuket definately didn't have ABS. Manager said due to weak supply and high demand he was forced to sell the 2 showroom models even though he wanted to keep them for viewing. None for rent here, only 7 sold and all to private customers.

I might just give you the keys to the K1200R when you come for bike week and see how your 20 years experience copes with 163 horses and people who drive like cnuts.......then you might just get the gist of what i'm talking about...... failing that you can always show me your riding skills on my Airblade but i'm afraid i haven't installed frame sliders yet !!!! :o

Anyway joking apart, any info on ER6 insurance.......Cheers

Or Rick you can lend it to me.............. I am really good on other peoples bikes...............NOT... sorry again Bard for WRECKING the Fino :D:o

I am over that man, don't worry...

Cheers Bard

Call another dealer..

Well funnily enough, i rang Kawasaki BKK and asked about price and availability, price was same 225k but as you and another poster said June was the earliest.... I guess BKK have had they're quota for now so the other dealerships are having their stock in the next couple of months...

So hes going to have demo units sat inside, and not make sales, for 2 - 3 months ?? 2 of them no less !! Thats odd economics !!

I also got turned down on the test ride (he had previously offered ninjas and d-trackers happily) but I didnt know if it was because I had just told him he had missed me as a sale by only a week or two in buying the Blade.

Another alternative is to rent one- ER6n's are available for rent in Chiang Mai and Pattaya. Any for rent in Phuket?

Seen only 2 on the road but I think a black one is being rented from a beach rd renter.. at least I have seen multiple different people riding it in Patong on what I think is the same bike and seen it parked on beach rd where the FZ6 sometimes gets rented from.

I expect to see a lot more over time as the total cost of ownership, factoring in parts and service, has to be a major saving over the old grey import stuff.

Edited by LivinLOS

I know of at least half a dozen insurance companies in Thailand that offer insurance for large displacement motorcycles. I insured my Ninja with Siam City and me ER6n with Lofton/Falcon. Others I know of include Muang Thai, Thai Sri and ThaiVisa also sells motorcycle insurance and you can request a quote. Try this site too: www.e-insurethailand.com

Hope this helps!

Happy Trails,

Tony

So hes going to have demo units sat inside, and not make sales, for 2 - 3 months ?? 2 of them no less !! Thats odd economics !!

They have been sold already, he didn't want to sell but reading between the lines i reckon that he had promised some customers a date to which he couldn't uphold so in order to keep the business was intructed to sell the showroom bikes instead.

Kinda worries me a bit as my pick up date is 23rd April and i got a feeling he's not gonna be able to stand by that date, especially if what Tony says about production lines etc and BKK saying delivery not until June... Its no biggy as i have other bikes to ride but i hate promise dates that cant be adhered to......who knows he might surprise me and call me a week early although i'll hold that out to wishful thinking....

Finally....through the obvious success so far of the ER6 in Thailand do you think it might promote Kawasaki to consider building the Z750 and Z1000 here also. Must admit the 2009 Z750 is a cracking looking bike....

post-79999-1238638890_thumb.jpg

^ Yes its a great looking bike. I like the Z1000 very much, I just wish they would do something with its motor, it seems to be a bit of an under performer, I rode one when they were first re-vamped & I didnt get too excited by it.

I know of at least half a dozen insurance companies in Thailand that offer insurance for large displacement motorcycles. I insured my Ninja with Siam City and me ER6n with Lofton/Falcon. Others I know of include Muang Thai, Thai Sri and ThaiVisa also sells motorcycle insurance and you can request a quote. Try this site too: www.e-insurethailand.com

Hope this helps!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks for the Info Tony, obviously things have changed a lot insurance wise in the last year or so. I'm quite happy with the Lockton quotation through the Phuket Kawasaki dealer, only problem is the schedule is all written in thai so not entirely sure what cover is being offered. As i said 7.5k seems too good to be true especially when the K1200R insurance was 35k+ !!!! Maybe i'll call Lockton and ask them to e mail an English schedule...