Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Anyway joking apart, any info on ER6 insurance.......Cheers

I know of at least half a dozen insurance companies in Thailand that offer insurance for large displacement motorcycles. I insured my Ninja with Siam City and me ER6n with Lofton/Falcon. Others I know of include Muang Thai, Thai Sri and ThaiVisa also sells motorcycle insurance and you can request a quote. Try this site too: www.e-insurethailand.com

Hope this helps!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks for the Info Tony, obviously things have changed a lot insurance wise in the last year or so. I'm quite happy with the Lockton quotation through the Phuket Kawasaki dealer, only problem is the schedule is all written in thai so not entirely sure what cover is being offered. As i said 7.5k seems too good to be true especially when the K1200R insurance was 35k+ !!!! Maybe i'll call Lockton and ask them to e mail an English schedule...

Lockton is cheap because it only covers 80% of the value of the bike and has a 5000 Baht deductible.... Caveat Emptor

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Lockton is cheap because it only covers 80% of the value of the bike and has a 5000 Baht deductible.... Caveat Emptor'

aahhh that explains why if you get the bike on finance you have to take the 13,000b insurance. I suppose that's full 100% cover. At least now i know (i think).

Allan

Does anybody know where they currently have stock of this particular model in black? Im on the east coast.

After reading all the posts it seems im not keen to put my deposit down when there is no certain time of delivery, as i think the popularity of this model has taken Kawasaki by surprise. We be a pain in the royals if it was delivered in the middle of rainy season!

I see the k-speed slight custom one on motocyc.com but i dont see the need to pay 270,000baht for it

cheers

Tom

The manager in Kawa HKT said the orange and black one weren't for sale but just there for people to view the bike for real but not even demo's to road test. This is the first time i've ever bought a bike without road testing the demo but i thought for as cheap as it is if i dont like it i'll flog it, no dramas.....

The display model in BKK is an export model with ABS, hence not for sale in Thailand. Perhaps the same is true of the display models in Phuket? BKK does offer test rides, but only in the parking lot, so you can't get out of 2nd gear. Another alternative is to rent one- ER6n's are available for rent in Chiang Mai and Pattaya. Any for rent in Phuket?

after having a K1200R for a year i need to remember i'm nearly 40 not 21 anymore. The K1200R is THE best bike i've ever rode but its just too quick for Phuket

"Too quick for Phuket"... :D:o Hope you can handle the ER6n- some call it a good beginners bike, hopefully it'll also be good for timid geriatrics like you :D:wai::D

Hey- if you're still scared to ride and are afraid of falling over I can set you up with some of these training wheels off of my 2 year olds bike:

BikeTrainingWheels.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

where can i get those wheels for mine in pattaya :D

post-24771-1238732138_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know where they currently have stock of this particular model in black? Im on the east coast.

After reading all the posts it seems im not keen to put my deposit down when there is no certain time of delivery, as i think the popularity of this model has taken Kawasaki by surprise. We be a pain in the royals if it was delivered in the middle of rainy season!

I see the k-speed slight custom one on motocyc.com but i dont see the need to pay 270,000baht for it

cheers

Tom

Hiya Tom,

I don't know of any dealers that have any stock left. Sooner you place a deposit the sooner you can get on the waiting list. Riding in monsoon rains isn't much fun, but there are plenty of good sunny riding days, even during the rainy season.

There is nothing "slight" about the mods done to the K-Speed ER6n. 270,000 is a very good deal considering all of the labor and imported custom parts they've added to this brand new ER6n.

Fully adjustable UPGATE MASTIS front forks: 9,500 Baht

KOSO custom instrument cluster: 5,500

Bizumo bar and clamps: 2,200 Baht

Bizumo custom mirrors: 1500 Baht

Funky PROJACTER headlight for 2,500 Baht

Ermax seat cowl: 6,500 Baht

UpGate modified exhaust can (converted to glass pack) for only 2,000 Baht

K-Speed custom paint- only 5,500 Baht! (that's an AWESOME price for a full custom spray)

Brake lever and lines upgraded to Brembo for 3,800 Baht

Gold DID 520 Chain: 1,550 Baht

etc.

KSpeedER6n2.jpg

The mods above bring the total actual price to about 263,xxx Baht and there are bunch of other little mods that I don't have time to list.

If I didn't already have an ER6n I'd jump on this one in a flash, especially considering the fact that there are no ER6n's available from Kawasaki in Thailand at this time.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony

where are these guys based?

Any pictures of the upgraded instumnet panel?

i think the mods are very well priced and i would love to get these guys to work on a paint job for me.

Do you have any contact numbers or web/ address.

Cheers kev

cheers

Tom

Hiya Tom,

I don't know of any dealers that have any stock left. Sooner you place a deposit the sooner you can get on the waiting list. Riding in monsoon rains isn't much fun, but there are plenty of good sunny riding days, even during the rainy season.

There is nothing "slight" about the mods done to the K-Speed ER6n. 270,000 is a very good deal considering all of the labor and imported custom parts they've added to this brand new ER6n.

Fully adjustable UPGATE MASTIS front forks: 9,500 Baht

KOSO custom instrument cluster: 5,500

Bizumo bar and clamps: 2,200 Baht

Bizumo custom mirrors: 1500 Baht

Funky PROJACTER headlight for 2,500 Baht

Ermax seat cowl: 6,500 Baht

UpGate modified exhaust can (converted to glass pack) for only 2,000 Baht

K-Speed custom paint- only 5,500 Baht! (that's an AWESOME price for a full custom spray)

Brake lever and lines upgraded to Brembo for 3,800 Baht

Gold DID 520 Chain: 1,550 Baht

etc.

KSpeedER6n2.jpg

The mods above bring the total actual price to about 263,xxx Baht and there are bunch of other little mods that I don't have time to list.

If I didn't already have an ER6n I'd jump on this one in a flash, especially considering the fact that there are no ER6n's available from Kawasaki in Thailand at this time.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sorry people,

Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months.

Ha ha ha!!! :o I was just looking back at the early part of this thread and came across this gem from a supposed motorcycle industry expert... NOT! :D Classic! :D

Hey Tony

i think the mods are very well priced and i would love to get these guys to work on a paint job for me.

Cheers kev

Hiya Kev-

Here's the website for K-Speed: http://www.k-speed.net/

You can find a map and contact info for the shop on their site. They are across the river which involves a serious treck if you're going on two wheels and as such I've not yet been over to check out the shop.

map_20070811174101.gif

There are a lot of pics of the bike including the KOSO instrument panel on the k-speed and mocyc.com sites.

Hope that helps!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hey Tony

Cheers kev

Hiya Kev-

Here's the website for K-Speed: http://www.k-speed.net/

You can find a map and contact info for the shop on their site. They are across the river which involves a serious treck if you're going on two wheels and as such I've not yet been over to check out the shop.

map_20070811174101.gif

There are a lot of pics of the bike including the KOSO instrument panel on the k-speed and mocyc.com sites.

Hope that helps!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks for the info - does any one have a GPS location for them.

Tony - check the weather report for Phuket - your sliders may come in very useful.

Cheers Kev

Thanks for the info - does any one have a GPS location for them.

Tony - check the weather report for Phuket - your sliders may come in very useful.

Cheers Kev

Kev- I eyeballed the K-speed shop because it's not showing up on my POI list on the GPS. Still learning how to use my GPS so not 100% sure these coordinates are accurate- Please try these coordinates and see what you get, ok?

Lat 13.42.02.02, Long 100,28,04,41

Should put you on Wutthakat Road very near the K-speed shop.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I think that for a lot of people, top end performance matters less than just the fun of customizing your bike. I mean really, unless you're on the track, who the hel_l cares? In the curves on some back road it comes down much more to riding skill than what the bike is capable of. And someone's stock bike might run a little better than mine but I love the attention when I pull up in front a club somewhere. I'm just vain like that.

27turbo.jpg

Where can you get one of those gold chains please?

WOW!

Probably Dirtshop in Thailand or internet, it's a Renthal 520 conversion that's all...

Cheers Bard

The wheelie pic above and this one below do a good job of showing just how huge the stock exhaust can is on the ER6n.

er6nWheeliez1.jpg

Now if I can just find someone to snap a pic next time I get the wheelie bug you'll see how tiny the TWO BROS can is compared to the stock can.

ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Now if I can just find someone to snap a pic next time I get the wheelie bug you'll see how tiny the TWO BROS can is compared to the stock can.

ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

For sure there is a huge difference in size but the fact its tucked away under the bike shouldn't really matter really. Sure there is a weight difference too but what difference will that make when just road riding. Sound wise the stock exhaust sound is surprisingly throaty but certainly not the roar obtained by after market stuff.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted a, if you like, conventional exhaust down one side of the bike to the end. The one thing i don't particularly like about the ER6 is the back end looking light and empty through lack of exhaust i guess. I'm sure many of you ER6 owners had friends look at your new bike and wonder where the exhaust is, i'm certainly expecting that....when it eventually arrives !!!!

Is there anywhere in Thailand I can buy the TwoBros exhaust ?

Red Baron has the TWO BROS V.A.L.E. pipe for the ER6 for a mere 19,800 Baht... :o

Or if you have really deep pockets I saw the same pipe at Kawasaki Mityon Pattaya for some 25,xxx Baht! :D

Or, if you can wait about 6 weeks I can get a friend to bring one over from the US for only 15,000 Baht :D

And no Allan- I'm not going to sell mine just yet- wait until you hear it- it's AWESOME! (But I've been parking the bike indoors at my office and driving home out of consideration for the neighbors :D:wai::D ) I'll only get rid of it if/when I have problems with the BiB. So far so good.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I rode with Tony when he had the stock can, and NO it's not throaty and NO you can't hear him on 20 feet distance on the road. So whatever anyone thinks of the stock can it is very quiet, when you stand next to it revving it might sound throaty (obviously due to 2 cyl 650cc) but riding with other bikes on the road you can hardly hear it, like I say 20 feet and it's like an electric bike. You could just hear him when he passed you, so that is very quiet.

The weight is not a problem for people who is grooving on the road but it makes a difference if you like to push the bikes limits, or the road limits. The sound should be a huge improvement and I am really looking forward to ride with Tony with his new can on, unfortunately I got 3 more weeks working here :o

Cheers Bard

The weight is not a problem for people who is grooving on the road but it makes a difference if you like to push the bikes limits, or the road limits. The sound should be a huge improvement and I am really looking forward to ride with Tony with his new can on, unfortunately I got 3 more weeks working here :o

Cheers Bard

Absolute nonsense, Valentino Rossi might have a discrepancy on his lap times should he be racing it on the track but to the average Joe on the road, pushing the bike to limit or not, what difference is a few extra Kg's going to make...

If you have a legitimate theory do enlighten me Bard, cos i aint seeing it....

As far as i'm concerned an afetr market pipe is for aesthetical reasons, sound plus a few extra HP.....thats it

Edited by Rickster

The weight is not a problem for people who is grooving on the road but it makes a difference if you like to push the bikes limits, or the road limits. The sound should be a huge improvement and I am really looking forward to ride with Tony with his new can on, unfortunately I got 3 more weeks working here :D

Cheers Bard

Absolute nonsense, Valentino Rossi might have a discrepancy on his lap times should he be racing it on the track but to the average Joe on the road, pushing the bike to limit or not, what difference is a few extra Kg's going to make...

As far as i'm concerned an afetr market pipe is for aesthetical reasons, sound plus a few extra HP.....thats it

Well Rickster- you just contradicted yourself in your own post.

You say the purpose of an after market pipe if for aesthetics, sound and add a few extra HP.

Exactly! What's the purpose of those few extra HP? And other than adding HP, what's another very simple way to improve the performance of your bike? Shedding weight of course!

So, if you think going from a 20 pound can to a 2 pound can makes no difference in the performance of a ~200Kg bike, well, I say again you don't know what you're talking about. Basic physics my friend.

But hey- once you get your ER6n why not join me for a few laps at BIRA and we'll see which bike has the edge, ok? Loser buys the beers! :o (though by the time you get your ER6n I may have already moved on to the ER6f :D )

Happy Trails!

Tony

I rode with Tony when he had the stock can, and NO it's not throaty and NO you can't hear him on 20 feet distance on the road. So whatever anyone thinks of the stock can it is very quiet, when you stand next to it revving it might sound throaty (obviously due to 2 cyl 650cc) but riding with other bikes on the road you can hardly hear it, like I say 20 feet and it's like an electric bike. You could just hear him when he passed you, so that is very quiet.

Cheers Bard

If the extra noise doesn't mean meaningful extra performance and enjoyment, then why add to the general noise pollution?

Sure, "loud pipes save lives". But Thailand has enough noise pollution anyway, unless there is a real benefit other than to deafen the pedestrians and disturb the neighbours, why change the cans?

My ER6N sounds OK to me and is loud enough with stock exhausts.

Maybe I am turning into a boring old fart, but for me the enjoyment of riding a bike is the acceleration and dynamics of riding in the curves.

Why does it have to be loud as well?

INTJ yer you can buy it from Tony. once his neighbours get to angry with him about the noise :D:D:wai::P :jerk: :burp::burp:

or his "modify" fines rack up to more than the bike repayments! :D

I've yet to actually have a copper try to fine me for any mods on my bikes or cars... Is this really a common occurrence in Thailand?

BTW- Paid the bike in cash- finance for foreigners is more trouble than it's worth in Thailand IMHO. (At least I get to save on insurance) :D

Off to preview my next bike tomorrow- :o

GreenER6f2009.JPG

Happy Trails!

Tony

Cheers Bard

OK Here is the nonsense;

I have to use Akrapovic system as a reference as that is the only one I got details for here for the ER6n/f

Rear wheel horsepower with the stock system is 67 hp, Akrapovic gives 69 so 2 RWhp more. Then weight difference from the stock to Akrapovic is 5 kg, so you got 5kg less to lug around. That is 2.5% less body weight of the ER6, so you increased power to weight ratio by 2.5% which on a 69hp engine is equivalent of having a total of about 70.5 hp on the rear wheel, or a total of 3.5 hp or a total of 5.3% increase in performance. That is a noticable difference in performance, and with less weight and easier to breathe you also use less fuel, so all in all you win.

On race bikes they make them so light as they are allowed to by the regulations.

There is a lot of ways of increasing a bikes performance, shedding weight is a big one as there total weight is so small so it makes a big impact, they also handle better with less curb mass, or more nimble if you like, basic physics. Take a bullet, same load but 2.5% less bullet weight what happens? It accelerate much faster, and get higher top speed... Or you use less energy to move with the same acceleration and speed.

Other ways with impact is air flow through the engine, so as easier it breathes as less energy is wasted in sucking in air and blowing out burnt gases, less energy required, hence more power, torque and less fuel required to ride in the same speed. Hence the exhaust system makes perfect sense to breathe easier.

Then you have rotating mass, as lower this is as more torque and power to the tarmac

and air resistance.

Finally you can balance the engine and other tricks to loose less power from the engine etc.

Anyway all this is nonsense so never mind...

Also for all who feels the stock exhaust is loud enough, it is 94 dB... most of new bikes stock produce 98 dB so loud it is not, it is quiet in comparison. However if you are happy with what you got you got what you need, if you like to mod, do it, if you want to get more out of it, do it. There is nothing wrong in either doing nothing at all,or modding it is what makes you enjoy your ride which matters.

Cheers Bard

Well Rickster- you just contradicted yourself in your own post.

You say the purpose of an after market pipe if for aesthetics, sound and add a few extra HP.

Exactly! What's the purpose of those few extra HP? And other than adding HP, what's another very simple way to improve the performance of your bike? Shedding weight of course!

So, if you think going from a 20 pound can to a 2 pound can makes no difference in the performance of a ~200Kg bike, well, I say again you don't know what you're talking about. Basic physics my friend.

But hey- once you get your ER6n why not join me for a few laps at BIRA and we'll see which bike has the edge, ok? Loser buys the beers! :o (though by the time you get your ER6n I may have already moved on to the ER6f :D )

Happy Trails!

Tony

No i didn't contradict myself at all, yes i agreed about the slight extra HP but it is the weight issue,Bard mentioned, that i'm refering to. Take 5kg off the weight off an ER6 to an average rider on a road and it won't make a scrap of difference. In most cases the rider will back off before the bike does. As i said the only time that 5 kg would make a difference is to a professional rider on a track.

Bard i respect your technical info which i'm sure is all correct (sorry i'm only a stupid Aircraft Engineer) and your air flow theories of course will help the engines longevity but the original arguement is the 5kg of weight to a novice on the road, of which i'm gonna stand by, sorry.

Tony, i'm not going to even get into the arguement of who's bike is faster or who is quicker round a track, its pathetic and the kind of immature rants made by teenagers having had their first Fizz for a few months. I know my riding capabilities, some guys are quicker some are slower, but at the end of the day my balls and head stay the same size and i enjoy riding.

The ER6 is a steady country road bike, its not a racer and never will be especially at 200kg, modify your bike personally to your hearts content, to each their own, but where performance is concerned, dont try to make a silk purse from a sows ear.....buy a Blade or an R1 etc

Tony you mentioned in another post why would i buy an ER6 when i already have a Street Triple R so i ask you what is the point of buying an ER6F when you already have the unfaired version. After all the mods you've spent so much time and money on wouldn't you be better off buying a fairing kit, no?

Remember we live in the Land of Smiles but also the land of really w@nk drivers and dangerous roads, enjoy your bike but ride safe and enjoy.... You're never gonna be remembered as a bike legend so dont ride like one.....

Edited by Rickster

If the extra noise doesn't mean meaningful extra performance and enjoyment, then why add to the general noise pollution?

After market racing pipes DO add meaningful performance to sport bikes... Noise pollution is a valid concern and I may try to install a baffle in my TWO BROS to lower the volume a bit.

My ER6N sounds OK to me and is loud enough with stock exhausts.

Maybe I am turning into a boring old fart, but for me the enjoyment of riding a bike is the acceleration and dynamics of riding in the curves.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being an old fart :D Nice thing about Thailand is the Live and Let Live "Mai Pen Rai" attitude here. :o If you are happy with your bike as is, great! There's certainly no need to modify if you are happy with stock. I ride with guys on R1's, R6's, FZ6's ZX10R's, VFR800's etc so I need every extra HP I can get! And like you I get great enjoyment in "acceleration and dynamics of riding in the curves", where of course, less weight and extra HP can only add to the fun!

Happy Trails!

Tony