Live Rugby League

And it;s still scoreless, despite Wigan pressure

"What a match we've got here it;s end to end!"

And Warrington are pulled up a metre short! What a thrust by Warrington - and OH WARRINGTON HAVE GOT - no they haven't, Joel Monaghan didn't get it down! Ten minutes gone and no points scored yet....

Pat Richards kicks a penalty to take Wigan Warriors two points into the lead,,,,

Edited by StreetCowboy

Wigan win a 40 - 20 to put pressure on the Warrington line ten metres from the Warrington try line can Wigan prise open thus Warrington try line - ... No - Warrington win a penalty

And Lee Briers kicks it to the Stretford Road End, and Joel Monaghan collects over Pat Richards to score the first try of the match

Warrington 4 - 2 Wigan

OH MY WORD SIMON GRIX HAS ADDED HIS THIRD TRY IN TWO MATCHES

Warrington 8 - 2 Wigan....?

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

A Warrington Game with no final score ... or have I misinterpreted the commentary?

Daylight Saving in Australia ... NRL Grand Final on tonight ... check local guides for broadcast times.

warrington 16-6 half time.

wigan seemed upset by the punch on blake green by ben westwood [laid out cold was green]

but green had the last laugh as wigan stuffed them to record a 30-16 win.

green scored the last try and recieved the man of the match reward.

now for the sea eagles and the roosters should be a few feathers flying here.

• Like 1

If you read this in time.

Wallabies vs the Pumas being played out in Argentina NOW ... still the first half.

The Pumas have a BIG Forward Pack ... and are using that advantage in the Scrummaging.

missed it dai had to go to makro stomach cramps,oh i do love their egg custard tarts,pass another one love,

WHAT theyve all gone,i told you only one for the dog.

Sorry, chaps, I couldn't keep awake, so watched the recording this morning. Tremendous first half, with Warrington fortunate to be 16 - 6 ahead at the break, Wigan came out rejuvenated after the interval. Warrington's attack was blunted with the loss of Joel Monaghan and Stefan Ratchford, and the Wigan attack clicked into place, Wigan came away deserving winners 30 - 16. Warrington were lucky not to play the entire game with 12 men after Ben Westwood's punch on Blake Green.

SC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Three and a bit weeks to go

Pre-season friendlies:

Sun 12th Jan 2014
Featherstone Rovers V Wakefield Wildcats
Venue: The BIG FELLAS Stadium
KO: 15:00

Halifax RLFC V Batley Bulldogs
Venue: The Shay
KO: 14:00

Keighley Cougars V Rochdale Hornets
Venue: Cougar Park

Whitehaven RLFC V Workington Town
Venue: Recreation Ground

Doncaster RLFC V Hull FC
Venue: Keepmoat Stadium

Sun 19th Jan 2014
Featherstone Rovers V Halifax RLFC
KO:15:00

Barrow Raiders V Keighley Cougars
Venue: Craven Park

Castleford Tigers V York City Knights
Venue: The Mend-A-Hose Jungle
KO: 13:00

Leigh Centurions V Wigan Warriors
Venue: Leigh Sports Village

Bradford Bulls V Hull FC
Venue: Provident Stadium, Odsal

Thu 23rd Jan 2014
Keighley Cougars V Dewsbury Rams
Venue: Cougar Park
KO: 20:00

Fri 24th Jan 2014
London Skolars V Wigan Warriors Select XIII
Venue: Honourable Artillery Company

Leigh Centurions V Salford Red Devils
KO: 19:30

Sun 26th Jan 2014
Wakefield Wildcats V Huddersfield Giants
Venue: The Rapid Solicitors Stadium

York City Knights V Gateshead Thunder
Venue: Huntington Stadium

Hunslet Hawks V Leeds Rhinos
Venue: South Leeds Stadium

Featherstone Rovers V Castleford Tigers

Dewsbury Rams V Bradford Bulls
Venue: Tetley's Stadium

Workington Town V Wigan Warriors
Venue: Derwent Park

Leigh Centurions Reserves V North Wales Crusaders

Fri 31st Jan 2014
St Helens V Wigan Warriors
Venue: Langtree Park

Leeds Rhinos V London Broncos
Venue: Headingley Carnegie Stadium

Sat 1st Feb 2014
Huddersfield Giants V Hull Kingston Rovers
Venue: The John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield

Sun 2nd Feb 2014
Bradford Bulls V Castleford Tigers
Venue: Provident Stadium, Odsal

Dewsbury Rams V Doncaster RLFC
Venue: Tetley's Stadium

Rochdale Hornets V St Helens Select XIII
Venue: Spotland Stadium

North Wales Crusaders V Hemel Stags
Venue: Glyndŵr University Racecourse Stadium
KO: 14:30

Whitehaven RLFC V Gateshead Thunder
Venue: Recreation Ground

Barrow Raiders V Oldham RLFC
Venue: Craven Park

Wed 5th Feb 2014
Warrington Wolves V Salford Red Devils
Venue: Halliwell Jones

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of starting an NRL 2014 thread.. Do enough people on this forum watch it to keep it going?

Only one way to find out... it doesn't cost much. Your season starts just after the World Club Challenge, doesn't it? Wigan play their first game a week early, against Huddersfield, weekend after next.

SC

My apologies for the lack of live coverage, but I could not find any channels showing the Pilkington Recs v Aberdeen Warriors game.

46 - 4 to the home side, and Torfaen Tigers fell to South West London. I can see it ending up in an all-English final again this year...

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello.... what's all this then?

British Police at Loughborough University this evening.

The magic of the Challenge Cup, and the start of Summer Rugby.

Round two on the weekend of 22nd February. Not sure when the draw will take place

SC

super league is off,wigan warriors vs hudderfield giants great game the giants proving once again they are a force to be reckoned with.

question for sc.is the giants no.8 any relation to Shirley crabtree?

Yes, he's the nephew of Bradford Northern second team player Shirley Crabtree, who also worked as a wrestler in the fifties and early sixties, when he was renowned for his blond-haired blue-eyed Adonis appearance, and his muscular physique.

Let's hope Wigan improve when they go down South, and I hope Huddersfield have a good season

SC

what a game sc.hull vs catalan dragons right up to the last kick where dragons could have drawn but it wasn't to be on a night of missed kicks[lost count] hull missed 5 dragons 3.in the end 36-34 to hull.

another one for sc.household names in my era,crooks any relation to lee,lynom any relation to joe,ellis,I used to play darts with an ellis whose son played up north 70s.and finely leon pryce was that the original.

what a game sc.hull vs catalan dragons right up to the last kick where dragons could have drawn but it wasn't to be on a night of missed kicks[lost count] hull missed 5 dragons 3.in the end 36-34 to hull.

another one for sc.household names in my era,crooks any relation to lee,lynom any relation to joe,ellis,I used to play darts with an ellis whose son played up north 70s.and finely leon pryce was that the original.

with the start of summer rugby,the rain has come to Bangkok. It's just started pouring.

I'm hoping I'll catch a replay of the Hull - Catalans game when I get home - it sounds like a cracker.

Lee is Ben's father. I couldn't tell you about Tome Lineham, but his wikipedia page looks like it was written by his mother.

So two upsets and a nail-biter for the first three games of Superleague:

Wigan lose to Huddersfield, Warrington fall to St Helens (OK - maybe that's not much of an upset... St Helens have now won four in a row at the Halliwell Jones), and last night's game that could've been drawn with the last kick of the game.

Meanwhile.... no, I won't mention the other code

SC

And of course, the other big game next weekend will be Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters.

Wigan warmed up with a win over New Zealand Warriors in Hamilton.

I've set the video recorder, but I'm a little nervous about Astro's timings; they say the game starts at 0830 GMT, but the BBC web site says 0930...

I'm catching up with my recordings just now; Huddersfield humbling Wigan, and I've now got the Hull FC - Catalans game on

SC

• Like 1

Well you join us at the Stobart Stadium fifteen minutes into the game against London. Allan Rooney is leading the commentary, but he is supported by Ray French

"Very much so, Ray"

6 - 6

Elsewhere, the Red Devils are scoreless with Wakefield at Barton On Irwell, Bradford are 6 - 0 up against Castleford, and Leeds 6 - 0 up against Hulking Stonerovers.

Danny Tickle puts Widnes in the lead, and apparently the Stobart Stadium is now the Select Security Stadium

SC

Well you join us at the Stobart Stadium fifteen minutes into the game against London. Allan Rooney is leading the commentary, but he is supported by Ray French

"Very much so, Allan"

6 - 6

Elsewhere, the Red Devils are scoreless with Wakefield at Barton On Irwell, Bradford are 6 - 0 up against Castleford, and Leeds 6 - 0 up against Hulking Stonerovers.

Danny Tickle puts Widnes in the lead, and apparently the Stobart Stadium is now the Select Security Stadium

SC

And Widnes stretch their lead.

"OOH! HE'S CROSSED IT! WHAT A MISTAKE! WIDNESS HAVE SCORED - THE STUPIDITY"

"I don't see how he let it go, Ray?"

"And this is looking like quite a high score from Widnes and london have offered very little... they're really looking on the back foot"

And Danny Tickle is doing better from the tee than heathen Scotch git Danny Brough managed last night at the KC Stadium.

SC

"it's oh so very easy for Widnes... and easy as you like, Ray... "

Five in all to Widnes following the first London try, 30 - 6

Edited by StreetCowboy

And we're back on for the second half.

David - Wakey Wakey, Wakey! Trailing 18 - 0 down by the docks at the City of Salford stadium, out on the flood-plain.

But in Halton Borough, London have let through another score by the home side to further stretch their lead, and it's not looking good for the Capitalists.

London's scratch side are struggling, but fair play to them, they're doing their best, and at least they've managed to field a team and find a home ground. I think it would do the game good if they were to escape relagation

SC

Widnes take the lead in Superleague as they stretch the score to 40 - 6

And despite the one-sided nature of the score, Ray and Allan are managing to maintain their excitement. I'm sorry I've not checked who's commentating at Barton on Irwell

And London pull back a well deserved second try for Catan (?) Brown, to make it 52 - 10

Edited by StreetCowboy

And of course, the other big game next weekend will be Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters.

Wigan warmed up with a win over New Zealand Warriors in Hamilton.

I've set the video recorder, but I'm a little nervous about Astro's timings; they say the game starts at 0830 GMT, but the BBC web site says 0930...

I'm catching up with my recordings just now; Huddersfield humbling Wigan, and I've now got the Hull FC - Catalans game on

SC

Mate, that's for the reminder.

Maybe a heads up in the PM before the event to remind 'ole sleepy head here!

Salford pick up the grubber kick with a minute and 22 to go....

34 seconds to go, Wakey scrum in their own half...

Left hand side, two more tackles, probably, Danny Caremont loses his way, forward pass, obstruction as well, the hooter sounds and Salford Red Devils have held on to win 18 - 14 against a brave Wakefield recovery, two conversions the difference

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy