2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scoobie Ninja!

<snip>

But perhaps not as sweet as my white Gixxer :D

mygixxer2.JPG

Tony

Geeeezzus! What a bike.

You have my full attention. :)

I hope you start a topic about this bugger.

What's the real model # so I can find out more about it?

Hey Scoobie Ninja!

<snip>

mygixxer2.JPG

Tony

Geeeezzus! What a bike.

Cheers GungaDin,

I'm supposed to pick her up and complete the transfer tomorrow but with the red shirt mayhem in the capitol I'm not sure it will happen. Things seem very fluid and uncertain in the capitol right now. No idea what the situation is over at Mor Chit and not sure I want to risk it....

She's a GSXR K6 owned by a mate in Pattaya who is selling with regret. I wasn't really looking for a liter bike but this was too good of a deal to pass up.

I will start a thread about her once she's mine! Apologies for the off-topic post- I plan to keep the Ninja 650R but would actually like to trade the 650R for an ER6n which I'd use as a city and scrambling bike, keeping the Gixxer for touring and track. Anyone interested?

OR, because the 650R is so cheap and easy to repair I'm toying with the idea of making it into a dedicated track bike and then use the Gixxer mostly for touring.... We'll see :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

mygixxer4.JPG

^I'd consider swapping my suzi for that lovely suzi, if you like Tony? I will throw in, lets say 5,000THB so you can go to a school to learn how to handle the power output of the Raider :) .

PS: I already have a helmet to match your suzi :D

^I'd consider swapping my suzi for that lovely suzi, if you like Tony? I will throw in, lets say 5,000THB so you can go to a school to learn how to handle the power output of the Raider :D .

My dear Neverdie (or should I call you MrDucati?) :D

I know that I am not man enough to handle your Suzie so please give me some time on the little Gixxer before I consider trying to ride something as wicked fast and powerful as your Raider. :D

BTW, how many times must I tell you that a white foam beer keg worn on the head is NOT a helmet! :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

PairOfGixxers.JPG

^I'd consider swapping my suzi for that lovely suzi, if you like Tony? I will throw in, lets say 5,000THB so you can go to a school to learn how to handle the power output of the Raider :D .

My dear Neverdie (or should I call you MrDucati?) :D

I know that I am not man enough to handle your Suzie so please give me some time on the little Gixxer before I consider trying to ride something as wicked fast and powerful as your Raider. :D

BTW, how many times must I tell you that a white foam beer keg worn on the head is NOT a helmet! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

PairOfGixxers.JPG

Ohhh dam_n, i even went to the trouble of shaping that foam keg.

SUZUKI THREAD REQUIRED! :D ps: the mr ducati comment is duly ignored :D:)

Edited by neverdie

Hey Scoobie Ninja!

<snip>

mygixxer2.JPG

Tony

Geeeezzus! What a bike.

Cheers GungaDin,

I'm supposed to pick her up and complete the transfer tomorrow but with the red shirt mayhem in the capitol I'm not sure it will happen. Things seem very fluid and uncertain in the capitol right now. No idea what the situation is over at Mor Chit and not sure I want to risk it....

She's a GSXR K6 owned by a mate in Pattaya who is selling with regret. I wasn't really looking for a liter bike but this was too good of a deal to pass up.

I will start a thread about her once she's mine! Apologies for the off-topic post- I plan to keep the Ninja 650R but would actually like to trade the 650R for an ER6n which I'd use as a city and scrambling bike, keeping the Gixxer for touring and track. Anyone interested?

OR, because the 650R is so cheap and easy to repair I'm toying with the idea of making it into a dedicated track bike and then use the Gixxer mostly for touring.... We'll see :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

mygixxer4.JPG

So let me get this right you got the er6n ,the er6f and about to get the Gixxer?

If i understood correctly ,maybe a change of the er6n into a Versys alike would be a nice thing?

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Well, it should be noted that your beer keg foam helmet IS an improvement over your last helmet...

kittyhelmet.jpg

:D:D:D

Well, it should be noted that your beer keg foam helmet IS an improvement over your last helmet...

kittyhelmet.jpg

Do you know where i can get this helmets :D I need 6 of those.

kittyhelmet.jpg

Actually, that pic use to be Udon's avatar :D .....although I'm led to believe he prefers a more modern styling of helmet these days :D

So let me get this right you got the er6n ,the er6f and about to get the Gixxer?

If i understood correctly ,maybe a change of the er6n into a Versys alike would be a nice thing?

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

LOL- I sold the ER6n a short time after I got the Ninja 650R, a decision I rather regret.

0811ER6Ninja650R1.jpg

Before I sold the ER6n I threw Pirelli dual sport tires on it and wow- it really changed the character of the bike-

0922PirelliMT60ER6BkSm.jpg

Wicked fun with the MT60's. They really turned the ER6n into a more versatile (Versys???) go anywhere bike. Great tires- with them I could do motard-style turns in crud or carve clean pavement with aplomb.

092609Er6n1Sm.jpg

So yeah, now that I'm getting the Gixxer I think the old ER6n with enduro tires would be a perfect second bike. (At least until Kawasaki sells the Thai-built KLR650 in Thailand!) I think the Ninja 650R will seem a bit 'anemic' parked next to the Gixxer :)

Ride On!

Tony

mygixxer3.JPG

well than,.can the er6f also be converted to a versys alike? Knowing it is a bit more to work on but it should be possible?right?

Certainly, with time and money anything can be done! I've seen some pretty cool ER6n/Versys hybrids on various forums. Here's a good example:

postpaintrightside.jpg

Would have to import the Versys swing arm and USD forks and a few other bits to get them to fit. Certainly do-able for someone with the time and motivation...

...because the 650R is so cheap and easy to repair I'm toying with the idea of making it into a dedicated track bike...

No, you cannot race that bike. Tony haven't you learned anything from Thaivisa!? :D

Mea culpa Scoobie Ninja! My bad! Ok then, may I have your permission to take my little Gixxer to the track if I promise to use the Ninja exclusively for runs to the 7-11? :D:D:D

TigerNinjaGixxerSm.jpg

Dude- this Gixxer is SCARY fast! I've never been on anything that pulls so hard! :)

^ I bet your happy.

Now can we please get this bike it's own thread or somthing? It's nice and I'm happy for you, (and a little jealous) but this is a Ninja 650R thread, and it's..... :) !!! :D

Now now, don't get yer panties in a twist- if you look really close you can see there's a Ninja 650R hidden in the picture :D

Another angle?

NinjaGixxer1Sm.jpg

So, Kawasaki says, "Let the Good Times Roll"... what the hel_l is Suzuki's slogan? I think the slogan for the Gixxer should be something like, "so fast it'll make your eyeballs bleed" :D

Does anyone know where I can buy a Givi Rear box for my Ninja 650R?...

I can't handle driving around with my rucksack on, my back gets incredible sweaty!

Hey Matt,

Many Kawa dealers are now stocking and selling all sorts of accessories- why don't you ask your dealer if he can help you out? Otherwise there are a few licensed Givi retailers in Bangkok you could try. Links were posted somewhere, either in this thread or in the ER6n thread. Hopefully you can find them and re-post them here.

Ride On!

Tony

Does anyone know where I can buy a Givi Rear box for my Ninja 650R?...

I can't handle driving around with my rucksack on, my back gets incredible sweaty!

I went to "Doctor Bike" to have a 45liter top case and some two 21 liter side cases installed. http://www.dr-bikebangkok.com/

The custom brackets for the top case were not that sturdy so I had one someone else to modify them to my specs.

Stuff was tested on 2000km ride (~14kg in top case and ~ 6.5kg in each side case + 70kg passenger => ok , cruising speed 70-110 , max speed up to 160km/h fully loaded and up to 200km/h with only top case and no passenger).

For a clean look/only top case, you may want to go with the real givi brackets.

There was an interesting thread on the matter: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Alternative-...es-t237451.html

For shorter rides, I also bought as magnetic Rapid-Transit-Recon-19-Magnetic-Tank-Bag : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/7...c-Tank-Bag.aspx .

Here is the setup:

post-33441-1272589517_thumb.jpg

post-33441-1272589540_thumb.jpg

post-33441-1272589560_thumb.jpg

post-33441-1272589596_thumb.jpg

post-33441-1272589611_thumb.jpg

FG

post-33441-1272589578_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...