Suggestion: Newly Registered Members Have To Wait 3 Days To Be Able To Make A Post.

Hawkup2000

Lately I've seen members who have been registered the same day ("Today") and then bump, or start new threads praising some business or trolling. Maybe it's time to make a change. Something like a newly registered member have to wait 3 days after registration to be able to make their first post. An exception could be in the visa section were some newly joined members maybe need a fast answer.

Whats your view upon this suggestion?

My view is that we will lose a lot of new members. At the moment we have some anti-spam procedures where they can't post a URL until a minimum of 5 posts.

I do agree with you because there is a lot of people out there which have been guest readers for a long time and one day they deceide to become a member to voice there opinion you surly can't make them wait 5 days

My view is that we will lose a lot of new members. At the moment we have some anti-spam procedures where they can't post a URL until a minimum of 5 posts.

I do agree with you because there is a lot of people out there which have been guest readers for a long time and one day they deceide to become a member to voice there opinion you surly can't make them wait 5 days

It is to post 'URL's'

until a minimum of 5 posts.

Fred :) and not 5 days :D

Yours truly and unruly :D

Kan Win :D

Lately I've seen members who have been registered the same day ("Today") and then bump, or start new threads praising some business or trolling. Maybe it's time to make a change. Something like a newly registered member have to wait 3 days after registration to be able to make their first post. An exception could be in the visa section were some newly joined members maybe need a fast answer.

And how would that help against bumping threads, trolling or spamming? You'll just register, wait three days and then do your thing...

That's what you got the moderators for :) - to clean up.

IMO the mods will suspend or ban users when it's needed for (and maybe block certain mailadresses to avoid them signing up under another name).

And how would that help against bumping threads, trolling or spamming? You'll just register, wait three days and then do your thing...

That's what you got the moderators for :) - to clean up.

IMO the mods will suspend or ban users when it's needed for (and maybe block certain mailadresses to avoid them signing up under another name).

Certainly if necessary...... :D