Need New Soundcard

steverino

Can anyone recommend a really good Soundcard, pref. one with a Digital connector (laser)?? I use a Soundmax at the moment but the built in synth is <deleted>. I'm recording with it so I need some thing quite good, but trying to keep the costs down as usual!!

Anyone know the Ste addresses of dealers in phunthip Plaza?

All help appreciated...

Ta very much.

Steve

gallery_10485_138_2727.jpg

A Dramatic Breakthrough in Audio Quality for Playback, Games and Creation

Sound Blaster® Audigy® 4 Pro is an amazing fusion of Entertainment and Music Creation. Featuring ultra-high quality DACs and an External I/O Hub which provides 6 Stereo Inputs/6 Stereo Outputs, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro enables amazingly clean recording of six channels at 24-bit/96kHz with low latency ASIO 2.0 support.

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro also comes with the all new Entertainment Center software and remote control unit, transforming your PC into an Entertainment Center with easy MP3 and movies playback and navigation.

Incredible 113dB SNR 24-bit/192kHz DACs for superior 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ audio

Entertainment Center Software and IR Remote allows easy navigation through your movies, music and pictures

EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ Effects that are so real, you will feel like you are in the game

External I/O Hub allows you to connect all your music devices at one time for studio quality audio creation

Smart Recorder allows you to schedule audio recordings and remove unwanted audio artifacts

MUSIC RECORDING

Studio Quality Audigy® 4 Pro External I/O Hub

Studio quality I/O with advanced connectivity. Includes analog stereo connectors for six channel input, optical and coaxial digital I/O, full sized MIDI I/O, microphone with gain control, headphone with volume control, and two 1394 FireWire® ports.

Professional Quality Music

Create Professional quality music with low latency ASIO 2.0 support, SoundFont support, and high quality audio hardware.

High Quality A/D Converters

Record your own music and audio samples with high quality 24-bit/96kHz A/D Converters for amazingly clean and accurate recordings.

Smart Recorder

Easily create recordings with Creative Smart Recorder. Supports automatic scheduling of recordings, includes Creative's advanced Audio Clean-up algorithm to remove unwanted audio artifacts and support for auto triggered recordings.

More info goto sound blaster

Explorer :o

Edited by Explorer

The midi synth on most soundcards is mediocre at best... in the old days you could buy a Roland GM synth module add-on, but they're not available now, AFAIK. High-end soundcards have soundfont support, which can give quality midi synth, but you need to have the right soundfonts loaded.

As for shop websites, here is one that can be found in most IT places:

http://www.hwhinter.com