If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Hey Joe - what a melody and chord sequence, it sounds wonderful on either acoustic or electric guitar. 

Jimi took it out into the stratosphere but other musicians still on this planet have left their own versions for us fellow earthlings.

To be honest, I was not expecting much when I started playing this.

But Damn!!..That was what fine music is about,  Sheer brilliance.

and the lady on the violin was Lucifer incarnate.  High end concert

performance!

25 minutes ago, DM07 said:

For all of us, who thought Rock'n Roll was dead, but need some hope: check out Greta van Fleet!

Four 18 year old guys, who REALLY know, what to do and how and how to do it!

I don't understand this,  to me,  noise.   What sort of effect do

you get from it?  I've tried listening, but sorry, I just don't get it.

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I don't understand this,  to me,  noise.   What sort of effect do

you get from it?  I've tried listening, but sorry, I just don't get it.

I couldn't find a link so I did listen to some of their stuff on YouTube, and I suppose I was a bit like you with regards to their output.

For me it's a bit like some of the music from AC/DC, as I can't listen to someone screaming out words with a cacophony of heavy metal sound in the background. Also IMO there's a difference between singing, and screaming/shouting and some bands don't seem to have mastered the art.

I like rock music, however I like rock music that I can listen to, not that which assaults my ears and sensibilities.

However everyone to their own and that's what makes music so interesting I suppose.
Edited by xylophone
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:
I couldn't find a link so I did listen to some of their stuff on YouTube, and I suppose I was a bit like you with regards to their output.

For me it's a bit like some of the music from AC/DC, as I can't listen to someone screaming out words with a cacophony of heavy metal sound in the background. Also IMO there's a difference between singing, and screaming/shouting and some bands don't seem to have mastered the art.

I like rock music, however I like rock music that I can listen to, not that which assaults my ears and sensibilities.

However everyone to their own and that's what makes music so interesting I suppose.

Well said! I was expecting some good insults, disappointing in a way.

:sad:        

• Haha 1

For all of us, who thought Rock'n Roll was dead, but need some hope: check out Greta van Fleet!
Four 18 year old guys, who REALLY know, what to do and how and how to do it!

I’ve listened to some of their stuff ( and posted a few on this thread ).
They are pretty good IMO but have a reputation of ripping off Led Zep !! ( especially the singer )
If they can produce some material with their own trademark sounds then they will go far they certainly have the talent .

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

They are pretty good IMO but have a reputation of ripping off Led Zep !! ( especially the singer )
If they can produce some material with their own trademark sounds then they will go far they certainly have the talent .

I'm calling the noise abatement society.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Come on guys...doesn't it give you hope, that 3 teenagers pick up REAL instruments and make real music!?

Asking all that are not intolerant <deleted> on here!)

I like them!

Yeah...they sound a bit Zep'linish!

So what?

Want them to sound like Pitbull or Bieber?

Come on guys...doesn't it give you hope, that 3 teenagers pick up REAL instruments and make real music!?
Asking all that are not intolerant on here!)
I like them!
Yeah...they sound a bit Zep'linish!
So what?
Want them to sound like Pitbull or Bieber?

Keep your hair on !!

I like them too and as I said I’ve posted 2 or 3 of their videos on here already !!
I like Zeppelin also and just wish they would go off in their own direction.

But it seems you can’t cope with any comments that don’t comply completely with your wishes !!

Do try and grow up !!

I’m done !!!