Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I have to say that the pictures does not do the bike justice... It is much better in real life...

I thought it would be good for people to get a certain sense of how large it was... I know that I am but ugly but hey... You are not supposed to be looking at me!!! LOOK AT THE BIKE! :-)

It seems to me that my Thai Honda Mech is spot on so far... It will be released early 2011 so that they can train mechanics and sell more 150s... I do hope that he is wrong!!!

I am all excited now...

Small, but not too small- if you know what I mean! I will be happy at cruising down the road for a few hours on that one... My butt tells me the same...

Snowflake is correct, the bike looks MUCH better in real, than the pics. It is a very classy looking bike.

Hopefully I will see in the dealers in an hour or so??? wait and see.

But now someone will come thundering along and shoot me down of course

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be amazed if it will be in the showroom soon... I asked if I could buy one, they said straight up no!

So I don't know what to believe...

It would have been bought today if I could! They have one, it is not sold, so... Why would they not sell it to me if it would be launched today???

I do hope that I am wrong, I do hope that it will be out today!

Just a thought- maybe all the dealers have said today is the launch date since today they are on a seminar about it??? It was just too many people down at this seminar to be from only NST!... Just a thought...

I hope I am wrong, Hopfully Visions is correct here!

Here are the two above mentioned Cbr150 paint jobs from CM showroom. That rear seat opens and has space for a green book.

Note: I didn't take my good camera, so had to add light to the shaded view from inside the bldg. - red may be slightly out from reality.

Goin' over to Cbr 150Fi thread now, where this belongs.

post-98988-0-86794200-1289378409_thumb.j

post-98988-0-83107900-1289378490_thumb.j

I was sitting on a black one (150) in the Mityon showroom on Thepprasit Road in Pattaya yesterday.

No black for me. It was looking less than perfect even in the showroom. Smudges, dust etc. Just like a black car, it will only look it's best right after washing. And it's going to be a hot one to sit on with everything black.

They had a tri-color and a red one 4 days ago. They are gone.

The underseat storage is even smaller than the old model. A lot smaller. No mean feat. :D

The 300 engine kit you can do here but Paul will not sell you his bodykits here in Thailand that he makes for the NSR. If you want the Tyga parts in Thailand and you must order to an adress abroad and send it back or hand carry it back here. The NSR will fly when its fully built. Not many bikes will be faster than this on the track here.

Had to go back to post #170 but mind like a steel trap.....

.......... One of my good Thai friends is running the biggest fiberglass production for big bikes in Thailand, ...........

Then it is hardly surprising that Paul will not sell you a body kit so your friend can copy it. Sadly because of this sort of behavior we in Thailand cannot even open Tyga's website. I realize you never actually said you have tried but you did state your MC21 needed some bodywork.whistling.gif

Some of us have no problem getting stuff.

For amusement: The CEO of GM China was once quoted as saying in China "R&D here means receive and duplicate"

Edited by VocalNeal

I would be amazed if it will be in the showroom soon... I asked if I could buy one, they said straight up no!

So I don't know what to believe...

It would have been bought today if I could! They have one, it is not sold, so... Why would they not sell it to me if it would be launched today???

I do hope that I am wrong, I do hope that it will be out today!

Just a thought- maybe all the dealers have said today is the launch date since today they are on a seminar about it??? It was just too many people down at this seminar to be from only NST!... Just a thought...

I hope I am wrong, Hopfully Visions is correct here!

Unfortunately hes not correct .:angry: Well I was on the info given to me, which turned out to have been changed by Honda. The dealer was as unhappy as I was. They showed me the delivery schedule from Honda and definately had a 250 arriving today.

Seems Honda have had a change of plan, but not tell anyone.

Apparently after enquiring, they (dealer) were told, now January delivery to dealers.:(

So the anticipation and speculation will continue for another 2 months dam_n it.

I dont realy want get a 150 for only 2 months and lose whatever on trade in again. But it is tempting.

Snoflake, everyone to their own taste, but the 2 tone metalic light and dark silver looks very very sophisticated and classy. They are a very nice looking bike and better by some margin over the 150.

The 300 engine kit you can do here but Paul will not sell you his bodykits here in Thailand that he makes for the NSR. If you want the Tyga parts in Thailand and you must order to an adress abroad and send it back or hand carry it back here. The NSR will fly when its fully built. Not many bikes will be faster than this on the track here.

Had to go back to post #170 but mind like a steel trap.....

.......... One of my good Thai friends is running the biggest fiberglass production for big bikes in Thailand, ...........

Then it is hardly surprising that Paul will not sell you a body kit so your friend can copy it. Sadly because of this sort of behavior we in Thailand cannot even open Tyga's website. I realize you never actually said you have tried but you did state your MC21 needed some bodywork.whistling.gif

Some of us have no problem getting stuff.

For amusement: The CEO of GM China was once quoted as saying in China "R&D here means receive and duplicate"

Your going off topic now and if this is the slightest hint about me or my friend wanted to do such a thing and you're barking up the wrong tree.

My friend have been doing fiberglass for ages and he still doesnt have a bodykit for the NSR. Never have he copied anything that is crafted and moulded by another Thai. He is a person of a good caliber, honest, better and nicer than most. University educated with a bachelor in fine arts and also did the best in his class in some subjects. His grades was information I had to haul out of him. He have done custom work for Honda Thailand, Toyota Thailand and Yamaha Thailand. In magazine he was for the custom work he did for Honda with photos of him and project.

If he or me and him together ever wanted to copy any of TYGA's stuff and we could have done it years ago. I am normally back home twice a year but have been back and forth up to eight times. So that would be a simple task. He is rather upset about all the copying of this in Thailand as he see copies of his own kits popping up all the time.

My friend and me is also using one of the same painting shops that Paul uses. So now and then there are TYGA bodykits in that shop also. Even have been using the same carbonfiber factory here that also Devil exhaust manufaturer are using and also Ducati Italy have had some samples running. In there it is Tyga stuff.

About the NSR and the easiest is to modify the RC211V fiberglass kit that is made up to use for the VFR400 (NC30). But many other kits available here is possible to use also but will need quite more work to them to fit so you get the right looks.

As what needs to be done for the ones that cant get TYGA parts here and what I posted is what you need to do. TYGA parts have been seen in Bangkok. I think not long time ago aslo one NSR250 with TYGA bodykit was up for sale.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

Well, one has to admire Honda if they are training their mechanics and holding the bikes until repair people are ready to service them (sales just needs a brochure to read upon request, if that, from what I've seen).

On the other hand, this habit of just allowing bikes to pop up would be advertising nonsense elsewhere, particularly with the internet multiplying publicity many fold. Could it be that ApHonda does not have many Japanese in top offices as decision makers?

Or perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that many young Thais use the internet about bikes? (Nah)

Edited by CMX

For sure the 150 could need a slagg too but I'd rather leave it as it is a small bike in all ways. size, cc..

Your english is fine, mine is not half the good as yours, but I do speak 3 languages quite well so i am happy with the way it is biggrin.gif

How this bike is priced doesnt change the fact how a CBR should be.

About legal bikes... who said anything about buying illegal bikes. I am for sure not up with that.

If you are buying bikes that are, ok.... but then I think its you who should adrees that problem

PS! The CBR125 have been slagged as from the day it saw daylight in Europe for being the CBR it is. Just go on any small bike forum where young guys are comparing bikes and you'll see what they say.

Could you actually find a link to the claimed dry weight of the CBR250R with or without ABS at all? Would be interesting to see where that came from...

For sure the 150 could need a slagg too but I'd rather leave it as it is a small bike in all ways. size, cc..

Your english is fine, mine is not half the good as yours, but I do speak 3 languages quite well so i am happy with the way it is biggrin.gif

About legal bikes... who said anything about buying illegal bikes. I am for sure not up with that.

If you are buying bikes that are, ok.... but then I think its you who should adrees that problem

PS! The CBR125 have been slagged as from the day it saw daylight in Europe for being the CBR it is. Just go on any small bike forum where young guys are comparing bikes and you'll see what they say.

Could you actually find a link to the claimed dry weight of the CBR250R with or without ABS at all? Would be interesting to see where that came from...

The web is full of sites where various weights posted are conflicting on this bike so it might weigh in on less. I would have guessed that it didnt have a dry weight of 161kg.

weight

Critics about the CBR250 is spreading like wildfire on the net in all countries. People are not impressed. I can not recall any other model from Honda that have been critizised in this large scale world wide and also before being launched.

Link from US

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

Critics about the CBR250 is spreading like wildfire on the net in all countries. People are not impressed. I can not recall any other model from Honda that have been critizised in this large scale world wide and also before being launched.

Link from US

Did you actually read the posts in that link?? 98% loved it.....only 2 didnt like the looks and of course they havent seen it in real life. Only pics. I have and it looks far far better than in the pics

No one critisised the specs. although 2 commented on being a single, but again they havent ridden it to compare.

Link from US

Did you actually read the posts in that link?? 98% loved it.....only 2 didnt like the looks and of course they havent seen it in real life. Only pics. I have and it looks far far better than in the pics

No one critisised the specs. although 2 commented on being a single, but again they havent ridden it to compare.

Maybe you should page over to page 2 in that thread laugh.gif

Link from US

Maybe you should page over to page 2 in that thread laugh.gif

You mean the 9 posts on page 2 which are mostly off topic? While vast majority of posts on page one are positive. I'm not saying it's a great bike, I'm saying we have a different understanding as to the term "large scale criticism" which your link fails to show.

And VocalNeal, The full TYGA website can be opened inside of Thailand. You just need to get yourself some better computer skills. Thats all.

Paul has a lot of nice stuff in there.

As what needs to be done for the ones that cant get TYGA parts here and what I posted is what you need to do. TYGA parts have been seen in Bangkok.

I've got all the stuff I currently need. Thanks

So the anticipation and speculation will continue for another 2 months dam_n it.

I dont realy want get a 150 for only 2 months and lose whatever on trade in again. But it is tempting.

Don't worry, it'll be longer that.

Probably quite a bit longer.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

The web is full of sites where various weights posted are conflicting on this bike so it might weigh in on less. I would have guessed that it didnt have a dry weight of 161kg.

weight

Link from US

Thanks for the link, man! My guess would be that they must have got it wrong down under. Every other countries website giving specs states around 163kg for the non ABS version. On the power issue I've seen 19.6 kW / 8.500 min-1 once versus three times 18.7 kW / 8.500 min-1. Regarding torque they all state 22.9 / 7000 min-1. Still not a featherweight, but unless the guys in Oz were the only ones who got the weight right, then the dry weight of a stock CBR250R 2011 should actually somewhere below 150 kg.

I think that since we all have to wait for the new CBR to come, why not limit this thread to only CBR...

If you want to talk about your friends shop that makes Fiberglass or NSR's, why not make a new thread? Seems logical to me...

Visions... I agree that the Silver looks nice too, but I have only seen the red one in real life, and I do happen to love the red colour...

I am sure that they are all very nice and as you say, each for his own...

Don't worry, it'll be longer that.

Probably quite a bit longer.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Source?

qouting this from www.motorcycle.in.th - "Apparently some problems with the electrical of the braking system can interfere with the frequency of some worldwide mobile phone networks. Therefore Honda Thailand has delayed they introduction of the Thai CBR250R launch as it's a global model and should be to global standard.

source: unconfirmed ( Honda person who didn't wanted to be named)"

I can only source out "the Nations" article about the new CBR and follow what my Honda Mechanic told me... He seems to be spot on so far- or did I not get to sit on the bike yesterday!

I still think it will be New Years before we will get to ride this bike- sad (and I hope I am wrong)...

I can only source out "the Nations" article about the new CBR and follow what my Honda Mechanic told me... He seems to be spot on so far- or did I not get to sit on the bike yesterday!

I still think it will be New Years before we will get to ride this bike- sad (and I hope I am wrong)...

So how did it feel sitting on it? Feels considerably bigger than the old 150 dont you think? Be so nice to test ride!!

An Australian journalist tested rode the CBR250 at Bira. His report here

http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/2010/road/honda/cbr250r/launch-honda-cbr250r-22472

Interesting he said he got an indicated 140kph at the Bira straight. Found an old thread about ninja 250 with Area-P exhaust which also hit 140kph there. Looks like the extra torque of the CBR can keep it with the Ninja, at least up to 140?

Ninja thread here

http://www.bikesales...a-cbr250r-22472

Not too scientific though, word of mouth - different days, riders (different weight/ability), gps verified? etc etc.

The rest of the article isn't too heavy on facts either.

"the CBR250R is the largest capacity bike to be produced in Thailand" - Really? Bigger than the Ninja 650R?

"in Thailand the bike will retail for 100,000 baht ($A3333), which is a third below that of the popular, carburetted Ninja." - They don't sell the carburetted Ninja in Thailand - I paid 139,000 for my FI Ninja, including 7000 baht worth of accessories.

http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/2010/road/honda/cbr250r/launch-honda-cbr250r-22472

Best info on this bike so far. Looks like it will be what everyone expects: A nice little bike from Honda! The only real surprise is the price point - 100k baht is quite amazing.

"the CBR250R is the largest capacity bike to be produced in Thailand" - Really? Bigger than the Ninja 650R?

By Honda... sure hope that changes in the near future.

The brakes are not linked on the non-ABS model.

As we guessed.

The large Honda dealer, north of the Airport Plaza in CM, told us this week the CBR250 will be available mid December.

Seriously looks like a good option, having been close to buying a couple grey/green booked 400's for the missus this month. She can have her check book out in a flash, the saving grace would be I'd enjoy the ride she buys too. Seriously (again) if someone puts the right used bike in front of her, she'll buy it. But it's me she'll complain to during the non riding times waiting for overseas parts.... And yes I'd happily buy her a bike faster than mine; it's suck dogging it behind a Phantom.

http://www.bikesales...a-cbr250r-22472

Interesting he said he got an indicated 140kph at the Bira straight. Found an old thread about ninja 250 with Area-P exhaust which also hit 140kph there. Looks like the extra torque of the CBR can keep it with the Ninja, at least up to 140?

Ninja thread here http://www.thaivisa....11#entry2447611

Thanks; I had forgotten about that old thread. I ran the numbers for the gearing of the CBR 250R and it looks as though actually through the lower gears it will more than give the Ninja a run for its money; top speed in the lower gears is less because they're set up more for acceleration, but the top gears are actually quite a bit higher (for instance 6th is nearly exactly the same as the redline difference between the two bikes). Bard's bike was upgraded; I don't remember him ever running it on a dyno so I can't say how much of a difference it made, but it seems likely that the stock CBR is a match for the stock Ninja based on what's out there to read so far.