Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

This Cbr thread is quiet for long. I just read what Karlos said ab his chain so I decided to share here. 3 days ago, when braking at low speed, I was feeling some kind of vibration, or /and resistance with my foot on the brake. I m not sure what other word can I use... also if I m not wrong, only when engaging the clutch there was similar tension but not so often...anyway, I was feeling like the brake dont bite and there s something going on with it. I took it to small shop, a branch of a bigger one where I usually go, since I knew the manager there speaks very well in english.

I explained, she translated, the mechanic rode around, and coming back he said its normal, have to shift faster and so on. Ok, I agree, but this started just 2 days ago. So I told her , something is wrong but since I know nothing about bikes what could it be, big issue small or nothing. She said go to the big shop. I went there, they let the best mechanic check it. In the first shop the guy only said , the clutch was loose, even after he did something, the problem was still there. So in the big shop after they rode it again, they adjusted the clutch more, and put more pressure in the tires. so now, this vibration was gone when I pressed the brake at low speed without/with clutching. The only difference now was that I have to disengage the clutch much more so that the bike start going. I hope someone can tell me what exactly was so I can explain better if happen again. And I Wonder , why with the clutch as it was before it was ok, then suddenly not ok, now when they readjusted it ( have to get used again) is ok, and if ajust it as it was it wont be ok. Sorry if not very clear explanation. OR may needed just more pressure and harder tires.

Perhaps when braking you are in to high a gear for the speed you are going. Try downshifting a gear when braking. However, remember when doing emergency braking, don't pull the clutch in or you will lose the engine brake. Worry about stopping first and gearing down second.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like if someone posts a large picture it really throws off the thread formatting

I thought the forum automatically adjusted for that?

Aside from that, Honda could really do well by re-introducing a multi cylinder

higher reving under 500CC street bike IMHO

They definitely have the experience to draw from. Could be a V-twin, V4 or even in-line.

2013 models announced for the US.

Silver rims and fairings are gone.

All black (including rims and heat shield)

All red.

A White tri-colour that looks like the 2012 white CBR150 that's here in Thailand.

And..

A Repsol version.

http://powersports.h...13/cbr250r.aspx

The CBR250 is looking much nicer in these new colors imo. The white one looks like my CBR150. Very nice, if they would be available like this in Thailand i may would consider a 250. I don't like the current colors available for the 250 in Thailand.

i got the 13" sprocket on my bike now (thanks brian :-)) and i love it. it gives a quite better pull to the higher gears and there´s even some pull in 6th gear.

passing at higher speeds is just happening much more now. haven´t had a chance to squeeze it out jet though. the namban exhaust still holds up good too. not too bad for a local pipe :-)

what a grea bike

This Cbr thread is quiet for long. I just read what Karlos said ab his chain so I decided to share here. 3 days ago, when braking at low speed, I was feeling some kind of vibration, or /and resistance with my foot on the brake. I m not sure what other word can I use... also if I m not wrong, only when engaging the clutch there was similar tension but not so often...anyway, I was feeling like the brake dont bite and there s something going on with it. I took it to small shop, a branch of a bigger one where I usually go, since I knew the manager there speaks very well in english.

I explained, she translated, the mechanic rode around, and coming back he said its normal, have to shift faster and so on. Ok, I agree, but this started just 2 days ago. So I told her , something is wrong but since I know nothing about bikes what could it be, big issue small or nothing. She said go to the big shop. I went there, they let the best mechanic check it. In the first shop the guy only said , the clutch was loose, even after he did something, the problem was still there. So in the big shop after they rode it again, they adjusted the clutch more, and put more pressure in the tires. so now, this vibration was gone when I pressed the brake at low speed without/with clutching. The only difference now was that I have to disengage the clutch much more so that the bike start going. I hope someone can tell me what exactly was so I can explain better if happen again. And I Wonder , why with the clutch as it was before it was ok, then suddenly not ok, now when they readjusted it ( have to get used again) is ok, and if ajust it as it was it wont be ok. Sorry if not very clear explanation. OR may needed just more pressure and harder tires.

Perhaps when braking you are in to high a gear for the speed you are going. Try downshifting a gear when braking. However, remember when doing emergency braking, don't pull the clutch in or you will lose the engine brake. Worry about stopping first and gearing down second.

It was happening at low speed only, but pretty sure it was mostly my fault. :) I even had a conversation with AP Honda about the clutch distance but nothing since then. Anyway, still learning :)

You can dress up a pig, and hire spammers to promote it, but it's still a pig wink.png

Honda only made one REAL CBR 250. It's a shame they've lost the will to make class leading small sport bikes.

3232134958_a82f0c9543df.jpg

Tony.. welcome back......you managed to put the wrong picture up... that's an RR the R was faster but not as pretty.

You can dress up a pig, and hire spammers to promote it, but it's still a pig

The 2013 Ninja 250 still gets embarrassed by old CBR150s if under 9000rpm then. sad.png

I thought they tried to fix that.... as well as putting on embarrassing supersport fairings to dress porky up a bit. biggrin.png

Keep fooling yourself- everyone else knows you're spouting complete nonsense as usual passifier.gif

You can dress up a pig, and hire spammers to promote it, but it's still a pig wink.png

Honda only made one REAL CBR 250. It's a shame they've lost the will to make class leading small sport bikes.

3232134958_a82f0c9543df.jpg

Tony.. welcome back......you managed to put the wrong picture up... that's an RR the R was faster but not as pretty.

Thanks Allan :)

R or RR is doesn't really matter- in either case those old light weight high revving aluminum frame 4 pot screamers were light years ahead of the sorry new CB'r' in terms of performance, features, specs and engineering.

But at least the new CB'r' is cheap... thumbsup.gif

Keep fooling yourself

Just going on previous owners from the ninja thread - keep the revs up or risk being embarrassed by a CBR150.

Nothing to get worked up over. I'm sure those new try-hard fairings make the new model much better and will put a smile on any poser's face. Even if they're caught in the mid-range and passed by a Fino, at least it will look like a supersport. biggrin.png

Edited by siampreggers

Thanks Allan smile.png

R or RR is doesn't really matter- in either case those old light weight high revving aluminum frame 4 pot screamers were light years ahead of the sorry new CB'r' in terms of performance, features, specs and engineering.

And let's not forget the ZX-2R. A REAL 45 HP (50% more than the anemic Ninja 250), lightweight (82% of the weight!), inverted forks, a proper sized rear tyre (the 'Ninja' 250'r' just got the same sized one), etc, etc, etc.

But at least the Ninja is cheap and got so embarrassed by the CBR both in the sales room and on the track that Kawasaki had to make it MUCH more cheap just to keep selling them.

DSC00151.JPG

Keep fooling yourself

Just going on previous owners from the ninja thread - keep the revs up or risk being embarrassed by a CBR150.

Nothing to get worked up over. I'm sure those new try-hard fairings make the new model much better and will put a smile on any poser's face. Even if they're caught in the mid-range and passed by a Fino, at least it will look like a supersport. biggrin.png

Yep, and now they also get a clock clap2.gif No excuses anymore to miss any posing date laugh.png

Looking forward to 2013. Hope Honda will use the new US colors for the CBR250 in Thailand then.

And back to this this century and millennium... loving the twisties. biggrin.png

Actually the ZX2R was sold into this millennium....somehow I don't think that Tony will appreciate the "If you put lipstick on a pig" reminder either...but since the pamphlets from Kawasaki are quite explicit about the look being changed to increase the sporty appeal (where the only place a stocker is more sporty than a 'normal' CBR is at higher speeds in a straight line).

Thanks Allan smile.png

And let's not forget the ZX-2R. A REAL 45 HP (50% more than the anemic Ninja 250), lightweight (82% of the weight!), inverted forks, a proper sized rear tyre (the 'Ninja' 250'r' just got the same sized one), etc, etc, etc.

But at least the Ninja is cheap and got so embarrassed by the CBR both in the sales room and on the track that Kawasaki had to make it MUCH more cheap just to keep selling them.

DSC00151.JPG

Cracks me up how much you hate your bike Dave... Hope some day you can own a bike that makes you happy. Best of luck mate!

where the only place a stocker is more sporty than a 'normal' CBR is at higher speeds in a straight line.

Well at least it will look a bit sportier now.

With it's clock and fuel gauge. :D

You can time how long you're posing for with ease.

RDI: At least 30 mins of stopping at a red light per day, for those with medium levels of insecurity and ego deficiency.

Cracks me up how much you hate your bike Dave... Hope some day you can own a bike that makes you happy. Best of luck mate!

Yeah, I really shouldn't feed a troll.

But FYI, I don't hate my bike. I am a realist. If stating truths, rather than ignoring them or cooking facts, is hate than I'm glad I don't live in your world.

I'd still love for you to address my factual comments rather than pull something out of your arse though....

where the only place a stocker is more sporty than a 'normal' CBR is at higher speeds in a straight line.

Well at least it will look a bit sportier now.

With it's clock and fuel gauge. biggrin.png

You can time how long you're posing for with ease.

RDI: At least 30 mins of stopping at a red light per day, for those with medium levels of insecurity and ego deficiency.

Fortunately Honda didn't try to make the CBR250 look anything like the CBR1000, so it's not like anyone can accuse the CBR of pretending to be something it's not, or the rider a poser.

Ummm, wait a minute.

2013_CBR250R_2000x1275_PearlWhiteBlueRed_42515B.jpg

honda+cbr1000rr+2012_2013.jpg

JonnyF, I totally see how a paint scheme and having two wheels can be construed as looking the same. Why don't we level the playing field and look at the VFR 1200 (who Honda has stated they took design elements from for the CBR 150/250), the CBR 250, and the CBR 1000 and see where Honda is actually attempting to position the 1/4 litre bike's styling.

VFR1200%20red.jpg

2011-Honda-CBR250R-Red-Color-View.jpg

Honda_CBR1000RR_Wallpaper.jpg

Yeah, I totally see how one could outright dismiss Honda's statements and say that they're actually designing the wee bike on a sports bike basis rather than the sport tourer they said they were going after.

jesus christ resize the pics.

3050x2480 Pixel, 1.1MB

Seems to be an intergalactic pig pic war.

And the winner is...

biggrin.png

Have been talking to those in the know and it seems to be some setting related to Internet Explorer (both Windows 7 with IE 9.0.8112.16421 and Windows XP with IE 7.0.5730 have a problem 'thumbnailing'). On Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m there doesn't seem to be a problem.

If a mod would want to replace my picture that is excessively large with a similar one the correct size it would be appreciated.

Also on Firefox Also seeing a crazy large pic

that destroyed the formatting of the page.

Actually I mentioned it in forum support a few

days back when post 4890 blew too. Was hoping it is forum software

but others seem to post pics ok

Edited by mania

Yeah, I totally see how one could outright dismiss Honda's statements and say that they're actually designing the wee bike on a sports bike basis rather than the sport tourer they said they were going after.

I guess we could argue about whether it looks more like the CBR1000 or the VFR1200 all day and our opinion will still differ. I think the pictures speak for themselves but I'm sure you would say the same.

Strange to call it a CBR250 and use the CBR1000 paint schemes when in fact they're basing it on the VFR though huh?

I guess we could argue about whether it looks more like the CBR1000 or the VFR1200 all day

Hey, that sounds like fun!

Strange to call it a CBR250 and use the CBR1000 paint schemes when in fact they're basing it on the VFR though huh?

Bit difficult to make a 'V' out of a single cylinder mate.

Interesting to see previous comments of yours about it though.

CBR1000: 'Personally I like it a lot.'

CBR250R: 'It looks like a dog's dinner.'

On them looking a like:

"I'm guessing you didn't win the "spot-the-difference" contest at school. Try looking beyond the tri-color paint scheme and the badge smile.gif

Hint - the dual headlights are a good starting point. Then look at the frame. And swingarm. And forks.

PS I included the link but no spoon. You might want to check the rear shock and the clip-ons as well.

PS it's 1000cc and I'm pretty sure it's not a single"

But anyway, it's great that you think a little 250 that looks like a 'dog's dinner' looks like a 1000cc superbike that you like the look of. Plenty of owners will be happy I'm sure.