Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Mine is still new, 4 months... so no stalling,unless I do a mistake. smile.png. May be this was for the 2011 edition. There were people talking about the knocking sound. I think I had this during waiting time at traffic like 2-3 times. I thought its coz of the green gasohol, coz also there was some hesitation while starting it which wasnt there with the benzine. So I ve never put the green anymore and nothing of these have happened including what you talk about here. Only that its difficult to take the key out sometimes, I think in rainy time haha.

Edited by Nebula

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again nonsense here guys.

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

please check that link and see how many ninja 250 have stalling problem. Ninja stalls for 20 years and still stalling!biggrin.png

and check for any maker and model over google and then you will notice all bikes stall in this world then!

big bike bkk welcome back, a fast return from you man. Although, you sometime get trapped by your emotions - therefore you cannot be objective - still you contribute here at this forum with your experience, so welcome. But, please consider your comments about the design of cbr250 especially after positing the photo of your bmw which looks like 20 years old ultra conservative truckclap2.gif

but Johhny F guy, you never contribute, just splashing shit here and there and shitting on cbr will not make you a faster biker hahaha. especially on your porky ninjette biggrin.png . I feel sad about you man all the time as if you spend your time on ninja 250 thread on contributing there instead of shitting here, you might be a better man, just go 'improve' yourself, huh?

and hard-liner cbr250 guys: what are you trying to prove? You like your bike and it is good for you, yes? so why do you bother yourself on defending cbr over ninja?

Just stop this nonsense over cbr and ninjette, we are all bikers and they are both good bikes.

Edited by loserlazer

The reason Honda haven't changed anything is they can't find the fault. Must be painful being slapped in the face with a dose of reality.

Jeez, I've a CBR250R with 40,000km+ and it has never stalled once.

What do you think is wrong with it J?

The dose of reality that it's actually broken is pretty painful alright.

I look forward to your diagnosis as to why it hasn't stalled in 40k km.

It seems that even the CBR250 diehards are getting tired of your constant lies and half truths.

Lies and half-truths? You seem a bit worked up.

Were you passed in the twisties today or something?

AN8E2493.jpg

hmmm, let me see. 2 possibilities.

1. Your bike doesn't have the problem

2. It has the problem but admitting it would interfere with your job as a paid Honda spammer.

Edited by JonnyF

As I recall a few posts back there was a member who complained about his CBR250 pinking not that it's related to the stalling.

I have a 150FI and a few km's earlier it stalled a few times, There was also that incident with having it difficulty to start up. Not sure what happened but after a few kms later I have never experienced the problems again (and I hope not ever to,as I have grown to "trust" the bike when riding, so a stalled engine on the go might have disastrous results - maybe they were just "teething" problems).

Geez. How could that be. huh.png

I thought the bikes had such problems as stock... :rolleyes: How could mine and others not have it. In fact, what sort of numbers of bikes are you talking about?

2. It has the problem but admitting it would interfere with your job as a paid Honda spammer.

Glad to see that you had a big heaped spoon of delusional in your coffee this morning.

Edited by siampreggers

The reason Honda haven't changed anything is they can't find the fault. Must be painful being slapped in the face with a dose of reality.

Jeez, I've a CBR250R with 40,000km+ and it has never stalled once.

What do you think is wrong with it J?

The dose of reality that it's actually broken is pretty painful alright.

I look forward to your diagnosis as to why it hasn't stalled in 40k km.

It seems that even the CBR250 diehards are getting tired of your constant lies and half truths.

Lies and half-truths? You seem a bit worked up.

Were you passed in the twisties today or something?

AN8E2493.jpg

hmmm, let me see. 2 possibilities.

1- My cbr250 stalled a couple of times but so do all my bikes i owned in this world man.

2- I hope i get paid by Hondabiggrin.png but i do not think so they pay me bc i am not good at marketing that much or no intention to support Honda's budget minded bikes. - oops i am sure they never pay me nowsick.gif .

I just would like to say again, i like my bike and it is good for me. If had a 650 kawa, it should be better yes.

Anyway Jonnyf i am sure you got what i stated, do you?

I thought the bikes had such problems as stock... rolleyes.gif How could mine and others not have it. In fact, what sort of numbers of bikes are you talking about?

You are being deliberately obtuse, but then again, someone who creates multiple accounts for the sole purpose of spamming a poorly designed and boring motorcycle must be a bit of a loony.

No one said ALL CB'r' 250's have this stalling problem, but, a quick glance at ANY of the CBr 250 forums will quickly confirm that a LOT of people are experiencing these problems.

Seems so far Honda has been unable to determine the CAUSE of the problem and has therefore yet to offer a SOLUTION.

I pray no one gets KILLED when their bike stalls while they are riding it. Hopefully Honda will FIX this problem before it causes an accident.

You are being deliberately obtuse

Just highlighting the idiotic spamming of our CBR250R thread troll and spam-master.... J.F. sad.png

It's funny to hear of the 'reality' that your bike is 'faulty'.... despite the reality of 40,000+ km without any such issue.

Why you and J.F. have almost 400 posts in here between ye is quite telling, really. huh.png

Edited by siampreggers

I thought the bikes had such problems as stock... rolleyes.gif How could mine and others not have it. In fact, what sort of numbers of bikes are you talking about?

You are being deliberately obtuse, but then again, someone who creates multiple accounts for the sole purpose of spamming a poorly designed and boring motorcycle must be a bit of a loony.

No one said ALL CB'r' 250's have this stalling problem, but, a quick glance at ANY of the CBr 250 forums will quickly confirm that a LOT of people are experiencing these problems.

Seems so far Honda has been unable to determine the CAUSE of the problem and has therefore yet to offer a SOLUTION.

I pray no one gets KILLED when their bike stalls while they are riding it. Hopefully Honda will FIX this problem before it causes an accident.

Tony, you still have your online shop for Kawasaki OEM and aftermarket parts? Maybe you should promote it directly instead of defame other members and spread rumours about bad Honda quality. Just a hint for doing successful business wai.gif

Tony, you still have your online shop for Kawasaki OEM and aftermarket parts? Maybe you should promote it directly instead of defame other members and spread rumours about bad Honda quality. Just a hint for doing successful business wai.gif

I dont like the bullshit going on on here. BUT there have been stalling issues on some Cbr250 bikes (its not rumors) .

I believe its only on lower mileage bikes under certain conditions eg low speed,snatched throttle .. before the ECM can figure it out. As someone else stated no major problem. As long as riders are aware to just get it going and off you go.

The bike is attracting a lot of new riders that possible do not have a good skill set. Also the American bike training system of coasting up to traffic lights may have something to do with the problem.

anyway. CBR250 = good value bike. Period :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Rode a CBR 250 chiang mai to chumphae return.. Not as much fun as I thought It woud be..Firstly I think its too small for anyone over 6 foot...to get up to decent speeds you cant tuck in under the screen. Plus who wants to be laying on the tank at around 80mph and have most cars going past you.. having said that around the twistys it was quite good fun... I guess they are cheap here compared to the price elsewhere in Europe and US etc.... put 1500kms on it... paid a tenner a day rental....now thats value

Good, now that's saying it how it really is, under-powered but ok value for the money, it is what it is...why people are comparing and talking about the 650 is beyond me...tried a friends CBR250, exactly as you said, it CAN get up to 120 and cruise...I have a 650 Ninja, not perfect but like the CBR250, good value, it's a matter of comfort and weight...altho' I am a bit jealous of the petrol mileage the CBR gets...money in the pocket...

Firefox 15.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS: Gigantic pictures, unscaled. But whatever, as long as the pictures aren't scaled on severside it would be nice to scale them before uploading. Also good for reducing the filesize. Thanks.

To be honest, both bikes, Ninja250 2013 and CBR250R are looking like bigbike wannabes. This was one reason for me to buy the Tiger Boxer 250. The Boxer looks like a honest 250cc. Sadly none of the big manufacturers are selling such nice naked bikes in LOS.

The currently sold Ninjette looks nicer than the 2013 model imo, or more "honest" to be precise.

You should have a look and see what Yamaha and Suzuki are selling in Indo... in the nakedbike 125/150/200 cc bikes, they look really nice, don't know why they aren't available in Thailand...

guys guys, finally went to API Tech shop today - Ram Intra 44 - and installed API Tech piggy back ecu unit.biggrin.png

The guys there have a nice dyno and good facilities.

Great acceleration and great response from the engine. Better than i expected.thumbsup.gif

5500 thb for piggy back ecu unit, the program to adjust it, a different kind of computer connecter and dyno tuning - with discount. Wow, i love Thailand otherwise i needed to pay 20,000 thb to Bazzaz or Dynojet and of course no dyno tuning.

Full details and photos and dyno sheet with and without the ecu tomorrow as i am busy now.

I cannot wait to finish work and ride my bike, it goes really fast manclap2.gif

Edited by loserlazer

the bike rides well, very well now.

gone is the low fuelling on low rps and low rpms are great now. Still, better acceleration on both rpm ranges. and of course high end is pretty well now.

as i will wait the new cbr500 now, i have to buy the ecu as i will spend more time with my cbr250 now.

check the dyno. I think, their dyno is showing really low or they could not manage it as they told me that the guy responsible for it was not there and there was another guy doing it so i am not sure but it shows the comparison with and without ecu and it is clearly better.

besides, the bike run much more smoother now.

Now, the fundamental first set of mods are done, pipe, air filter and ecu and these are all, i will not consider any more performance upgrades or expense on cbr250 anymore.

photos will follow.

what do you think about the dyno guys?

dyno.bmp

Edited by loserlazer

gone is the low fuelling on low rps and low rpms are great now. Still, better acceleration on both rpm ranges. and of course high end is pretty well now.

as i will wait the new cbr500 now, i have to buy the ecu as i will spend more time with my cbr250 now.

check the dyno. I think, their dyno is showing really low or they could not manage it as they told me that the guy responsible for it was not there and there was another guy doing it so i am not sure but it shows the comparison with and without ecu and it is clearly better.

Now, the fundamental first set of mods are done, pipe, air filter and ecu and these are all, i will not consider any more performance upgrades or expense on cbr250 anymore.

photos will follow.

So that's with a pipe. airfilter and ecu?

might pay to get a dyno run at dirtshop..

The unit has really agood construction and quality. A nice flashy orange color.

It has a blue led that blinking once it is connected to the battery.

And you can always turn back to stock ecu by just connecting two jacks in the harness easily in a second which is good for emission tests.

I m pleased with the product but i hope it continue to work well.

I sacrificed myself :) on buying this unit so we all can come to a conclusion now about API Tech if it is really eficient or not as they offer a great price advantage over the foreign units.

Just for you guys in TV:)

But what i can say, now the lost 'r' in the 'cbr' is back:D and i am a happy rider here.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

post-114750-1348725371564_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13487254050952_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13487260554061_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13487260713458_thumb.jpg

post-114750-0-32109500-1348727045_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

photos will follow.

So that's with a pipe. airfilter and ecu?

might pay to get a dyno run at dirtshop..

yes man. pipe, filter and ecu

but what i know, dirt shop dyno is also showing less.

any good shops which has a reliable dyno in Bangkok

i do not think so my bike is 18 hpbiggrin.png !

photos will follow.

This it is wrong. My CBR150 has more power. I have fed my private dyno with your datasheet and here is the correct, 100% real horsepower and torque for your bike:

post-129800-0-20853000-1348727806_thumb.

laugh.png

PS

Just to make you happy again wink.png

photos will follow.

This it is wrong. My CBR150 has more power. I have fed my private dyno with your datasheet and here is the correct, 100% real horsepower and torque for your bike:

post-129800-0-20853000-1348727806_thumb.

laugh.png

PS

Just to make you happy again wink.png

wantan thanks for making me happy man.biggrin.png

this was what i was thinking as they dyno tuned a cbr150 before, i have seen it in the file list.

but it is still showing low as the stock has 22 hp on wheel and with mods it has to be around 26 hp now according to other dynos from bikes modded same as me.

anyone knows any reliable dyno in Bangkok? i wanna play:)

Edited by loserlazer

can you rev the bike up 'slowly' to redline and see if there is any stuttering at any point in the RPM range?

i revved the bike in all ways, slow, fast, hard and there was no shuttering or no hiccups all the way up.

smoother than the stock actually.

but, the engine stopped once they install the new ecu in its first couple of starts. I think it was just adjustment period.

now, it is OK.

Glad you like the new mods

The SOTP ( seat of the pants ) dyno tells you its an improvement

So there is likely an improvement if nothing else in taking dips out of the powerband.

But...This is the good reason to dyno anything before mods.

That way you have a baseline ref to go from. Then you see exactly what has been gained

or sometimes even lost when it comes to poorly made exhausts or mixing of certain components.

I have not kept up with this thread so do not know but have others Here ever dyno'ed a stock bike &

seen the 22hp you mentioned as stock or is that just what the manufacturers claim?

can you rev the bike up 'slowly' to redline and see if there is any stuttering at any point in the RPM range?

i revved the bike in all ways, slow, fast, hard and there was no shuttering or no hiccups all the way up.

smoother than the stock actually.

but, the engine stopped once they install the new ecu in its first couple of starts. I think it was just adjustment period.

now, it is OK.

capacitors usually have to get charged up before it'll run properly. I wonder if it is just a capacitor bank.

Glad to hear there arent any hiccups, API is notorious for hiccups at a certain range with their older CDI's....I had 2 that stuttered at 7k rpm.