Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have bought the black wind screen, not the add on but the same as the picture above, i ordered it at honda and it came 3 days ago. The 150 and 250 are different....

They cost around 350b... But you have to remove the whole front section of the bike to put them on...

The touring screen cost something like 2000b so i will just wait for the cheaper copy...

Nice info, thanks.

I think the key is.. Dont go to bike / scooter repair places and tin shack bike guys.. Go to a proper car tyre center, they can plug.

On New Years day morning??

Don't think so.

Sorry but nonsense.. I have had tyres plugged in Phuket.. Once in a proper tyre center for cars once done by a tin shack in Patong even (who had to outsource the actual plugging but in town as it was done in 20 mins).

Nonsense. What proper tyre center was open on the morning of the 1st of January?

i have bought the black wind screen, not the add on but the same as the picture above, i ordered it at honda and it came 3 days ago. The 150 and 250 are different....

They cost around 350b... But you have to remove the whole front section of the bike to put them on...

The touring screen cost something like 2000b so i will just wait for the cheaper copy...

Nice info, thanks.

I think the key is.. Dont go to bike / scooter repair places and tin shack bike guys.. Go to a proper car tyre center, they can plug.

Don't think so.

Sorry but nonsense.. I have had tyres plugged in Phuket.. Once in a proper tyre center for cars once done by a tin shack in Patong even (who had to outsource the actual plugging but in town as it was done in 20 mins).

Nonsense. What proper tyre center was open on the morning of the 1st of January?

Dunno about Phuket but here in the 'Kok all the big malls and attached Cockpit and B-quik tire shops shops were open on New Years day... :whistling:

Nice info, thanks.

Don't think so.

patong,

B-Quick

town,

michelin on bypass road, manit center max, bridgestone center, and approx 10 more

I dont see the point of an unsafe plugging at 50 baht, when a proper vulcing job can be done at 200 baht. Tyre off rim, vulce inside attached to textile/steel/kevlar, back on rim, balance, at 200 baht only. 15-30 minutes.

plugging is fine as an emergency repair to ride to a tyre center. Then a proper repair, to be safe at speeds above 80 kmh

For a long time, "plugging" was done with a sticky material, straight in. However, the "mushroom" type mentioned by Tony is a more recent evolution, and if I carry them and have an inflation (pump, perhaps) source, can certainly get me home. This is the "Stop and Go" tire plugger system; do not know about source here in LOS. In OP's case, screw out, hole cleaned up, mushroom forced inside (bigger inside - blooms out) cut off excess outside, inflate tire and away.

However, I have no way of knowing how this works compared to earlier methods, no broad sampling and scientific method. Logically, it's safer than any field repair up until recently because of the mushroom inside pushing its flat side outward.

Would not be so off topic if this might not help someone on a CBR250 or new 150 in future.

Edited by PaulD

yes. bobr. where did you rent it from?

Pao Service or Mr. Pao on 2nd Road opposite Welcome Plaza Hotel. He does have a phone, it's 081-7624751.

He said he also has a new CBR-150 but I did not see that bike.

They seem like decent people; this was the same place I rented a PCX when they first came out and I had no hassle or problem getting my deposit back when I returned it. I really worry about some of these rental places for obvious reasons.

Edited by Bobr

There was one in the motor show BigC khonkaen with a price tag of 120,000baht i mentioned the list price is 100,000baht i just got a dumb look back.

Looked a nice bike.

I had a problem on my CBR today...

After i plugged the tire I could not change gears, there was something wrong with the gear leverage... It was stuck in one position...

i rode my bike to honda and told them what was wrong... Three boys jumped on my bike and tore the thing off... The rest of the staff was watchin (first problem they all watch)... Ten minutes after and they rolled my bike back out... All fixed and ready for me to enjoy... Free of charge...

Very good service and this is one of the reasons I chose Honda, if/when something goes wrong, there are many dealerships in thailand...

Has anyone else had a problem with their bikes yet?

Very good service and this is one of the reasons I chose Honda, if/when something goes wrong, there are many dealerships in thailand...

Hmmm... stopped off at the main dealer for an oil and filter change but they said they didn't have filters and couldn't / wouldn't order one up because they don't know the prices...

It's only 2km from my house so I suggested money on the table now and give me the change when they get it... but no...

Hmmm...

Hmmm... stopped off at the main dealer for an oil and filter change but they said they didn't have filters and couldn't / wouldn't order one up because they don't know the prices...

It's only 2km from my house so I suggested money on the table now and give me the change when they get it... but no...

Hmmm...

Does it actually have a filter?? Or like the CBR 150.....No filter??? I dont know either..... but I suggest u check that there is indeed a filter to change.

Does it actually have a filter?? Or like the CBR 150.....No filter??? I dont know either..... but I suggest u check that there is indeed a filter to change.

Yes. It has a filter.

Haven't you read of the owners manual

My reading isn't 100% but we'll get there one day :whistling:

pp85-88 it discusses changing the oil filter

p75 which indicates a change at 1,000km then 12k intervals (Standard stuff)

p88 reminds us not to use old filters :rolleyes:

Would have changed the oil at 500k and again at 1000 to flush everything out but I'm almost on 1,000 now.

Oil

Changed mine 150km, and again today at 1,300km. They only have the Honda 4T 10w-30.

Shouldn't I be putting in at least 10w-40?

If so, where can I buy some in BKK? Or should 10w-30 be okay?

The shop I bought it from isn't the most competent, so I'm going to go to my regular dealer who is, and talk to them about buying a new oil filter.

Oil

Changed mine 150km, and again today at 1,300km. They only have the Honda 4T 10w-30.

Shouldn't I be putting in at least 10w-40?

If so, where can I buy some in BKK? Or should 10w-30 be okay?

The shop I bought it from isn't the most competent, so I'm going to go to my regular dealer who is, and talk to them about buying a new oil filter.

@Appropriate

p83 of the trusty maunual recomends 10w-30

If you're in Bkk, let me know where you picked up a filter cos mine needs one for sure.

We know they'll be everywhere soon :D

so tomorrow i will go to the tire shop and fix my tire permanently... Can anyone explain to me what exactly what they will do and how safe it is?

Vulcanazing- what is it all about?

Should i pop down to honda to remove the tire or should i let them deal with it???

so tomorrow i will go to the tire shop and fix my tire permanently... Can anyone explain to me what exactly what they will do and how safe it is?

Vulcanazing- what is it all about?

Should i pop down to honda to remove the tire or should i let them deal with it???

Vulcanising "fuses" the plug from the inside which is much safer than externally applied plugs.

If you can ride the bike and bearing in mind your gears cocked up as a result of you plugging the tyre, I'd let the Honda boys sort everything out for you :cheesy:

Good luck ;)

I had a problem on my CBR today...

After i plugged the tire I could not change gears, there was something wrong with the gear leverage... It was stuck in one position...

i rode my bike to honda and told them what was wrong... Three boys jumped on my bike and tore the thing off... The rest of the staff was watchin (first problem they all watch)... Ten minutes after and they rolled my bike back out... All fixed and ready for me to enjoy... Free of charge...

Huh?! How in the world could plugging the tire possibly have any bearing on your transmission?! I mean, think about it for a moment... :rolleyes:

And didn't you ask Honda what caused the problem when they gave the bike back to you?! :ermm:

Wow... :whistling:

My god, i thought i made it clear that it just happened after i got the tire plugged- i know that they did nothing to the bike... The just pklayed with the rear wheel...

As for Hond- how many of you can have a decent conversations in thai about clutch, engine, body?? I will go back later with mymate and get them 59 3x0*a8n 85 59 -8=

I'm sitting at my desk at work having just ridden o work on the new 250! rolleyes.gif

The bike is so far, excellent.

Riding position, handling and performance are all vastly superior to the old 150. I feel safer, and more comfortable in traffic and on the open highway. I have been trying to take through the revs quites a bit, holding it in gear longer than i normally would to use more range in each gear. This is quite enjoyable as the power is always there when you need it and I hope is the best way of breaking her in.

The bike does a ton at just under 6krpm and hit 150 very easily with my 70kg on it. I hit the corners that used to 'concern' me on the old 150 only to find they're not a problem on this one.

I'm happy that I made the decision to get the 250 - its more suited to my needs and i do feel it's an upgrade that will improve my (limited) riding skills.

Photos to follow shortly...ph34r.gif