Anyone Ever Thought Of Modifying The Little Two Stroke 150S To Be Dirtbikes?

submaniac

Just curious. The small two strokers (NSR, TZR, TZM) are all cheap these days. Small displacement, two stroke engines, light weight. Sounds like good material to make a dirtbike out of. Not necessarily for every day riding, but for those times you want to just go off on a trial. Whaddya think? Viable?

Looks like someone else is on the same track:

nsr2.jpg

The preferred ones are the nova dash and a couple of other 2 stroke 125s (with big bores up to 170 ish)..

If you google 'supercup' you should find all manner of kits.. Not bad for a bush basher and I understand 20 - 30k is the going rate.. Tho the suspension isnt going to handle a large farang getting much air.

hi

i had one done 3 months ago, its got a cbr 125r engine

and goes like shit off a shovel.GREAT fun ,

i have a CB1 400 for on the road and sometime i just dont no

which one to take.

ALL YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER DONT TAKE IT ANYWHERE NEAR THE POLICE

AS THEY DONT HAVE THE RIGHT DOCS.

I paid 25000 and its the best in my area

happy riding.:D :D :D

A CBR 125 engine ?? You sure ?? Highly rare engine to have in a dirty basher.. I would have thought the 150 more common. I know the ones the thai lads like I have seen have been the 2 strokes, lighter easier to maintain, and easier to tune. Thos I have seen a few on modified sonics also.

They can have docs, if they start from a legal plated bike, most Thais dont care as they get less problems, but your far better off with a road legal plated bike, thats missing lights and indicators, than you are with an unplated bike. Sure you might get fined but you wont lose the bike.