Importing A Scooter

Boater

Is there anywhere i can buy a BMW C1 Scooter in Thailand?

!B+091cQB2k~$(KGrHqUOKpYEy+jC0B))BN!7bZw(Hg~~_35.JPG

There are a few for sale on ebay in the uk for about 1.5 - 2 K UK sterling...

What would the import tax / shipping cost be on one, or does anyone know if you can buy in thailand

its actually for this missus, as she cannot drive a car, and this would be practical to keep the deadly sun rays off her and also protect against the rain

cheers

I'm not exactly sure how much import duty you need to pay, but it's much lower then indicated in previous postings. The BMW C1 scooter is powered by a 125, or 176cc four-stroke engine, or a electric motor therefore a whole other set of import duties and discount rules apply. (Thailand has another tax table for motor-vehicles with an engine size smaller than 250cc)

I even believe that BMW Thailand had some imported themselves...

edit: the BMW C1 200 is powered by a 176cc not a 200cc as I expected... sorry

Edited by Richard-BKK

I'm not exactly sure how much import duty you need to pay, but it's much lower then indicated in previous postings. The BMW C1 scooter is powered by a 125, or 176cc four-stroke engine, or a electric motor therefore a whole other set of import duties and discount rules apply. (Thailand has another tax table for motor-vehicles with an engine size smaller than 250cc)

the one i am looking at states it is powered by a 125 engine - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-C1-Scooter-125cc-Williams-F1-Team-special-edition-/260724671115?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cb466c28b#ht_500wt_1156

the one i am looking at states it is powered by a 125 engine - http://cgi.ebay.co.u...b#ht_500wt_1156

importduty is 80% and then deduct for age, excicetax 3%, interior 10%, vat7%

wont pass Thai emission tho

Just buy a click or mio or something like that and have a shop that builds pick up truck cages (or what ever they are called) build it a roof like that one. The windshield could be fab'd too. There are also some 50cc hondas around sometimes with that roof, on them one of the models is even 3 wheels,

Edited by Bowery99