Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Prices and specs released in AUS for the T6, priced between Bt.624,000.00 and Bt.1,815,00.00.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/ford-ranger-pricing-and-detail

The link is a little hard to find on that, try this one; My link

Those prices are very high and are not receiving a very good welcome from the potential Ranger customers in Aus, at the top end the Wildtrak will be incurring luxuary car tax which is a little silly for a pick-up/Ute. I don't think there would be any way for them to introduce into Thailand at those prices, they just wouldn't sell! I suspect that they may drop some features for our market, or I could be wrongunsure.gif

This is the specification list for the Ranger in Aus; My link

Edited by stefan2519

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices and specs released in AUS for the T6, priced between Bt.624,000.00 and Bt.1,815,00.00.

Those prices are very high and are not receiving a very good welcome from the potential Ranger customers in Aus, at the top end the Wildtrak will be incurring luxuary car tax which is a little silly for a pick-up/Ute. I don't think there would be any way for them to introduce into Thailand at those prices, they just wouldn't sell! I suspect that they may drop some features for our market, or I could be wrongunsure.gif

Thanks for the link. Will be interesting what the prices will be here. Top model Hilux cost 981 k bath so if much over 1mill here for 4 door 3.2L = very low sale. Well I guess we just have to wait and see.

LCT kicks in at $57,123.00 so the Wildtrack just breaches this by a couple of hundred dollars, not really a deal breaker if you looking at buying one.

I see there are 12 pages on this so apologies if I repeat anything. Just had a 1hr chat with the manager of my local Ford dealer (NZ educated so very good English) who confirmed the following.

Prices are expected to be approx 40,000baht higher than the current Ford Ranger, some slightly more and some slightly less.

The initial release here in Thailand will be limited to 300 which is about 35 per dealer, he said he's already taken 18 deposits (mine was the 19th but fully refundable if I change my mind)

The first should be delivered late Nov-early Dec 2011 and will be 2.2 models, the 3.2 will be in 2012.

Wildtrak should have 18inch wheels with others having 17inch wheels.

10 colour options.

There will be demonstration models delivered to dealers in Oct, here in North Thailand it will be from Oct 15-25.

The current Ranger is being sold at quite a good discount, 40,000baht, and very low % for financing which I was tempted by but the new Ranger looks a lot better and has a much higher spec, well worth the extra 80k IMO.

fortunately, according to emails recieved from FordTH, wildtrack will come with all features as in OZ. was afraid they would remove trailer swai, hill descent and other features, but I guess as they cost a fortune to develope but peanuts to manufactor, they are still here for LOS models :D

Yep.

Unfortunately, it'll be Thailand's first pickup with a 7 digit price tag too :(

fortunately, according to emails recieved from FordTH, wildtrack will come with all features as in OZ. was afraid they would remove trailer swai, hill descent and other features, but I guess as they cost a fortune to develope but peanuts to manufactor, they are still here for LOS models :D

Yep.

take Vigos 970k or so, with dated engine/auto and much lower spec, Ranger at max40k baht more seems like a bargain at point of purchase. Ad the 25% down and 1,99%/48 months likely to be available at launch, and price is very competive. then look at lower Insurance costs.

but yes, TH is moving to seven digit top of line pickup pricing

Yep.

You are referring to the 4x4 3.2 Wildtrak? The 4x2 2.2 Wildtrak I've placed a deposit on will be around the 860k range and will still be fully loaded apart from HDC :)

Edited by skybluestu

IF and only IF I wanted a Wildtrack without the frickin stickers 2 door 4WD and having a locking diff..does anyone have a ticket price.and approx lead time..???

oh and price would be good too...

Edited by David006

IF and only IF I wanted a Wildtrack without the frickin stickers 2 door 4WD and having a locking diff..does anyone have a ticket price.and approx lead time..???

The only current Wildtrak with 4WD also has 4 doors so might not be possible. For prices of the new Wildtrak due in Dec 2011 add approx 40,000baht to the prices in the below link

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1178852035361&pagename=wrapper&site=FTHEN

Any updates on the new Ranger availability here? I was motoring out of Pattaya last month, around 11pm, headed for Bangkok and there was 3 of them, red plates, nose-to-tail in the outer lane, headed north. Looked like they were headed to port or maybe some car show?

The only current Wildtrak with 4WD also has 4 doors so might not be possible. For prices of the new Wildtrak due in Dec 2011 add approx 40,000baht to the prices in the below link

http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

Interesting, if they retail here at that price thats almost 50% less than AUS, I wonder if these can be grey market imported into AUS ?

Just read the new Ford Ranger prices in the SMH, after some quick calculations - Thai Baht v Aussie dollar, they seem to be on the high end.

Surely the Ford Ranger available in Thailand will be cheaper?? and possibly lower spec.

Ford Thailand seem to be keeping cards close to chest on this one.

ph34r.gif

NB: SMH - Sydney Morning Herald.

Just read the new Ford Ranger prices in the SMH, after some quick calculations - Thai Baht v Aussie dollar, they seem to be on the high end.

Surely the Ford Ranger available in Thailand will be cheaper?? and possibly lower spec.

Ford Thailand seem to be keeping cards close to chest on this one.

ph34r.gif

NB: SMH - Sydney Morning Herald.

specs are out by Ford TH, identical except for cabin heater and trailer tow hitch

3,2 4x4 4 door auto wildtrack seem to be priced at 990-1,10mill baht including 1st class, reg and road tax

2,2 2wd 4 door auto wildtrack at 850-870k

Any updates on the new Ranger availability here? I was motoring out of Pattaya last month, around 11pm, headed for Bangkok and there was 3 of them, red plates, nose-to-tail in the outer lane, headed north. Looked like they were headed to port or maybe some car show?

There will be show trucks made available to dealers for a couple of weeks mid-Oct with deliveries starting end Nov-early Dec.

Yep.

MRO, you mentioned in another thread that the T6 Ranger has been delivered to some Ford showrooms already and BT-50 on the way to some too, any idea which ones? Are they the show trucks? The manager at my local Ford dealer said he will get his show truck on Oct 15th and trucks to sell around end Nov-early Dec and Mazda said Jan 2012!

Some initial 'light weight' road tests are now published. Is it against forum rules to post a link?

Bangkok Post does not allow us to post links or quote them, except for them, go ahead

As I say, these are a bit light on substance, but only a few days old and both from the same Ford AU drive programme.Both tests give a very positive impression.

Happy reading!

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52543/2012-ford-px-ranger-xlt-xl-auto-manual-review

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/6FE26957E29F1DCBCA25791700021AEE

Some initial 'light weight' road tests are now published. Is it against forum rules to post a link?

Bangkok Post does not allow us to post links or quote them, except for them, go ahead

As I say, these are a bit light on substance, but only a few days old and both from the same Ford AU drive programme.Both tests give a very positive impression.

Happy reading!

http://www.themotorr...o-manual-review

http://www.goauto.co...A25791700021AEE

cool

assuming Ranger TH will be 4 airbags only, but rest of the specs seem to be same

looking forward to it. bored of old tunas