Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Nice video, but he don't actually mention WHAT it is?

I read somewhere 10 km/l in 3.2 lit engine and 13 km/l in 2.2 lit engine, which isn't that good, but 200 hp will cost to run off course.

Edited by guzzi850m2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had stability Control for Years. She sits in the Left Seat. "Yer Drivin Like a Prat". That rather sums up those who boast about , or need them..Does anyone need all this Crap to go to Lotus.1zgarz5.gif

depends on which Lotus and at what speed, Phuket - Nong Kai is 1500km

and the left seat is only for those not commenting on my driving

This topic have been going on since end of March and over 860 post and still nobody actually have one in the garage and tommorow is last day of the year 2011?

Assuming all the posters are expats I must say that we have adopted well, being as patient as the Thais.whistling.gif

I would have if I accepted black and XLT 2,2 auto, but prefere to wait for 3,2 in chilli orange. mazda2 will have to do until then, no long trips until Songkran

Me too. Had a choice of Mica Black or Aurora Blue and could have driven home earlier this week but decided on White (again!) so have to wait 2 weeks.

Had another look at the Mica Black and decided on that, picking it up this afternoon. Also saw the Metropolitan Gray which was also very nice and the Copper Red looks nice on the interweb but would be a few weeks before we could see that so black won. My baby daughter loves playing with the hose so I'll try and kill two birds with one stone!

This topic have been going on since end of March and over 860 post and still nobody actually have one in the garage and tommorow is last day of the year 2011?

Assuming all the posters are expats I must say that we have adopted well, being as patient as the Thais.whistling.gif

I would have if I accepted black and XLT 2,2 auto, but prefere to wait for 3,2 in chilli orange. mazda2 will have to do until then, no long trips until Songkran

Me too. Had a choice of Mica Black or Aurora Blue and could have driven home earlier this week but decided on White (again!) so have to wait 2 weeks.

Had another look at the Mica Black and decided on that, picking it up this afternoon. Also saw the Metropolitan Gray which was also very nice and the Copper Red looks nice on the interweb but would be a few weeks before we could see that so black won. My baby daughter loves playing with the hose so I'll try and kill two birds with one stone!

Congrats. Looks huge in black, looks great to as XLT with chrome

Seems your safe these days KBB. All your fancy rides you speak off have been reduced to a Truck. At least you have a Fine Mazda. Soon i will have a sensible ride.Maturing with Age , my Wife reckons.drunk.gif

finally had an hour for fun with mazda2 yesterday. When instructed it actually can dance in the Phuket hill twisties. Replaced the stock 6x15 mags with Mugen 7x15, so if anyone need Mazda 6x15 mags also fitting all the others japs/thais 4 bolt, send me a PM

as for high end cars, decided to stay away from them as long as I live in Phuket, no one to fix, so fast bikes and TRUE RED mazda, and a pickup will have to do

I finally got to test the XLT with the auto box on Wed. licklips.gif

The gear changes weren't as seamless as they've suggested it was a little jerky in 1st and 2nd but then very smooth, it has a pause when first pulling away which concerned me. The 2.2 didn't leave me wanting and I think overall it's quite quick for a 2 tonne pickup. It only had 5K on it when I took it out so I'm hoping the box with the lag and jerky 1st and 2nd will just need to be run-in. It is dam_n quiet in the cabin very hard to hear the engine or wind noise, even at 120km.

Overall very happy, it 27k on it when I got back clap2.gif

Now I just have to wait for mine to be delivered, can't wait!drunk.gif

I finally got to test the XLT with the auto box on Wed. licklips.gif

The gear changes weren't as seamless as they've suggested it was a little jerky in 1st and 2nd but then very smooth, it has a pause when first pulling away which concerned me. The 2.2 didn't leave me wanting and I think overall it's quite quick for a 2 tonne pickup. It only had 5K on it when I took it out so I'm hoping the box with the lag and jerky 1st and 2nd will just need to be run-in. It is dam_n quiet in the cabin very hard to hear the engine or wind noise, even at 120km.

Overall very happy, it 27k on it when I got back clap2.gif

Now I just have to wait for mine to be delivered, can't wait!drunk.gif

I believe this is one of those 'adaptive' gearboxes that will adjust to your driving style - that would hopefully smooth out the gear changes over time. Looking forward to your review when you get your truck:)

The ranger 3.2 chilli orange looks great, definately considering it to replace truck. just hope it doesnt take too long to come.

, but its

I'm not convinced about the orange yet - it looks quite dull on the fiesta, but its much brighter looking under lights, as seen at the motor show. I like this colour but need to see it out on the street first. It's that or white for me - black's out because of wife's Chinese mythology beliefs:)

hope you won't mind me adding a few more photos showing some other colours - taken outside of the bright lights of motor show..

(just to note that the photos are not my own and are taken from Ford's Thai facebook page galleries)

post-30245-0-37477400-1325865181_thumb.j

post-30245-0-55673200-1325865197_thumb.j

post-30245-0-36936200-1325865222_thumb.j

post-30245-0-05987600-1325865238_thumb.j

post-30245-0-37385800-1325865270_thumb.j

post-30245-0-37683800-1325865351_thumb.j

post-30245-0-30424800-1325865395_thumb.j

post-30245-0-48188600-1325865427_thumb.j

Picked up my 2.2 6AT XLT in Mica Black yesterday afternoon but not had chance to drive it properly yet, just 10kms or so home, but first opinions are good. Very roomy and comfortable inside, first time I've not needed the drivers seat at the furthest point (I'm 6'3), with a nice modern feel, very car-like. There were some nice touches like sunglasses holder and adjustable lumbar support in the drivers seat and the display is very easy to read and includes distance it will go until more diesel is needed.

Only 4 speakers in the XLT compared to 6 in the Wildtrak but very good quality. Brakes are very responsive and 6AT gearbox is very smooth, need to give it some when pulling away from standstill at lights though. It is very quiet, could hardly hear the engine or windnoise at all. Tyres are Dunlop AT22 Grandtrek which get pretty good reviews and mileage. Overall I'm very happy, much better than the outgoing model I had a few years ago and prefer it to my Yaris I traded in too. It got quite a lot of attention on the short trip home (we are the first to get ours in Chiang Rai so none about) which is understandable as, IMO, it is easily the best looking pick-up currently available but I'm obviously biased!

When at the dealers I was surprised to learn we weren't getting registration and road tax included which meant another 10,000baht, I've bought two new cars and a few new bikes here in Thailand and always had that included. But we got 1st class insurance, some other freebies and the price will increase by about 20k soon too so musn't grumble. Told that the first service is at 15,000kms which is a bit odd as well, always changed oil at 1000kms so I think I'll do that again. LIke I said, not really driven it any sort of distance yet but thought I'd give a quick update.

hope you won't mind me adding a few more photos showing some other colours - taken outside of the bright lights of motor show..

(just to note that the photos are not my own and are taken from Ford's Thai facebook page galleries)

White still looks the best outdoors; blue is good too but the wildtrak doesn't have this colour which is a bit odd.

Edited by culicine

Picked up my 2.2 6AT XLT in Mica Black yesterday afternoon but not had chance to drive it properly yet, just 10kms or so home, but first opinions are good. Very roomy and comfortable inside, first time I've not needed the drivers seat at the furthest point (I'm 6'3), with a nice modern feel, very car-like. There were some nice touches like sunglasses holder and adjustable lumbar support in the drivers seat and the display is very easy to read and includes distance it will go until more diesel is needed.

Only 4 speakers in the XLT compared to 6 in the Wildtrak but very good quality. Brakes are very responsive and 6AT gearbox is very smooth, need to give it some when pulling away from standstill at lights though. It is very quiet, could hardly hear the engine or windnoise at all. Tyres are Dunlop AT22 Grandtrek which get pretty good reviews and mileage. Overall I'm very happy, much better than the outgoing model I had a few years ago and prefer it to my Yaris I traded in too. It got quite a lot of attention on the short trip home (we are the first to get ours in Chiang Rai so none about) which is understandable as, IMO, it is easily the best looking pick-up currently available but I'm obviously biased!

When at the dealers I was surprised to learn we weren't getting registration and road tax included which meant another 10,000baht, I've bought two new cars and a few new bikes here in Thailand and always had that included. But we got 1st class insurance, some other freebies and the price will increase by about 20k soon too so musn't grumble. Told that the first service is at 15,000kms which is a bit odd as well, always changed oil at 1000kms so I think I'll do that again. LIke I said, not really driven it any sort of distance yet but thought I'd give a quick update.

Thanks for that. I think 15K is normal for ford, but ofcourse I'd enquire about changing the first oil earlier than that - or does that apply only to petrol engines? After you've driven it a bit, I'd also like your opinions on the ride quality on a variety of roads, and performance up to higher speeds.

Do you know when the prices will increase? I don't see how it could increase for the 3.2 though as we don't even have a firm price on that yet:)

Thanks for that. I think 15K is normal for ford, but ofcourse I'd enquire about changing the first oil earlier than that - or does that apply only to petrol engines? After you've driven it a bit, I'd also like your opinions on the ride quality on a variety of roads, and performance up to higher speeds.

Do you know when the prices will increase? I don't see how it could increase for the 3.2 though as we don't even have a firm price on that yet:)

Regarding the oil,

I enquired about that on another forum in Aus when I first read that a few weeks ago and the response was that the oil that is in the engine is a special run in sulotion that should be left in to the manufacturers specs.

WOW!! 900 posts over 9 months & someone finally has one :)

Anyone know the wait time if ordering now for the 2.2 6AT XLT?

Congrats again

as for service buy this engine or vw or benz in Europe, and first service is at 30k km, so wouldnt worry, 15k km or 6 months I would do in TH

Only done another 100kms or so but still all good. Took it in the mountains today and dealt with everything, many roads were pretty steep and it didn't have a problem, was always in the right gear and steering is very precise. Even thought it is only 2.2 it has enough torque to overtake easily and got up to 140kph/2500rpms on a quiet straight near my home but I didn't buy it for 0-100kph speed or top speed so not really tested it for performance yet and probably won't as usually have my daughter in the car with me.

Many of the roads around where I live are pretty poor but the Ranger takes them in its stride. One things I have noticed is how much bigger it is both inside and out, not too big though, I'd say just about right. Parked between a new Vigo and old D-Max at the mall yesterday and it's quite a bit taller than both and a tad wider/longer, has more presence though and more masculine. It has auto headlights and rain-sensing wipers but not tested them out yet, can't wait for it to get dark and start raining at the same time!

post-61039-0-47636200-1326011629_thumb.j

Dropped by the Ford shop on the way back from getting the temperature sensor stuck back on the CR-V.

They had a shiny new blue XLT sitting out front so after about 5 minutes of looking all over the outside, the youngest salesman was sent out with a brochure. His relief that I could speak some Thai was palpable but I digress...

It's bloody HUGE... even just the 2 WD version. They aint kidding with that "Hi-rider" sticker! I always thought the 4x Vigo's were perfectly proportioned whereas their 2x models looked like the wheels were too small for the big body. The salesboy went and got the keys and after adjusting the drivers seat, I found my 6'4" frame fitted quite well. Popped the hood and witnessed the acres of room under that long nose. Reminded me of my dad's old Zephyr 4 that had a V4 donger way, way at the back of the engine well designed for the V6. Thought about 50% deposits and digging out my yellow book on the way home. Woke up the wife and told her the Honda was fixed but now SHE has a rival for my attentions! I better be sweet though as getting it in her name with only 15% down and 36-months financing like we did with the CR-V will get me on the road quicker. Considering going back later and getting a test drive.

Quite impressive and maybe, just maybe I fell in love at first sight.

Edited by NanLaew