Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

This red is really nice. Cant wait to get my hands on this 260hp wonder

Isin't the 3.2L 200hp standard? How will you get the 260hp?

Would love to know that :P

With relatively minor mods.

Replacement cone air filter or just a racing box filter.

Blocking off DPF or install turbo back exhaust system.

A diesel performance chip or remap.

These are some of the easiest optionssmile.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yepp, one hours work

plug and play pressure chips, 10k baht =260hp

remove cat, 2k baht, +5-10hp

remove particle filter, 2k baht, =5-10hp

It's been awhile since we've had any solid info on the new Ranger!

Everything that I have been reading relating to release dates say that Australia will be the first market to see the all new Ranger.ermm.gif

In one Australian motoring blog it was mentioned that Ford maybe releasing the Ranger to the masses at the Melbourn motor show in July.

Good old Ford they seem to be doing a good job of keeping everything close to the chest.annoyed.gif

yepp, one hours work

What is involved in removing the Cat?

Everything that I have been reading relating to release dates say that Australia will be the first market to see the all new Ranger.ermm.gif

In one Australian motoring blog it was mentioned that Ford maybe releasing the Ranger to the masses at the Melbourn motor show in July.

Good old Ford they seem to be doing a good job of keeping everything close to the chest.annoyed.gif

Earlier this year my sources were hinting that a June/July Thai release was possible.. I posted it somewhere here in the forums, but can't find it now, heh ;)

As you posted, engines were rolling off the production line a week ago, so that tells you assembly is in full swing - there's no way things like panel pressings and chassis that are made in TH won't be ready to go if the engines already are - unless someone in Ford is looking for a new job ;)

It would be perfect timing for Ford TH to launch now, given the supply problems at Toyota and to a smaller extent, Mitsubishi. But this is TH, their smallest market, and it's possible they might want to dwindle down stocks of the existing model before launching. That is, unless they do what Mitsu and Nissan did with the old Lancer and old Frontier (i.e. keep aold and new models selling simultaneously).

Bottom line: it could launch as early as this week, or you may have to wait all the way until the Motor Show in Nov/Dec.

Either a piece of steel bar and some bashing, or something like this:

dumppipe.jpg

yepp, one hours work

yes, performance chip, remove the cat and new filter is probably the best soution :)

*Solution

Edited by Sawadeecap

Earlier this year my sources were hinting that a June/July Thai release was possible.. I posted it somewhere here in the forums, but can't find it now, heh ;)

As you posted, engines were rolling off the production line a week ago, so that tells you assembly is in full swing - there's no way things like panel pressings and chassis that are made in TH won't be ready to go if the engines already are - unless someone in Ford is looking for a new job ;)

It would be perfect timing for Ford TH to launch now, given the supply problems at Toyota and to a smaller extent, Mitsubishi. But this is TH, their smallest market, and it's possible they might want to dwindle down stocks of the existing model before launching. That is, unless they do what Mitsu and Nissan did with the old Lancer and old Frontier (i.e. keep aold and new models selling simultaneously).

Bottom line: it could launch as early as this week, or you may have to wait all the way until the Motor Show in Nov/Dec.

Either a piece of steel bar and some bashing, or something like this:

dumppipe.jpg

I assume you cut out the CAT( Catalytic converter??) and insert this in it's place?

Custom made or off the shelf?

Where do you buy them?

I assume you cut out the CAT( Catalytic converter??) and insert this in it's place?

Custom made or off the shelf?

Where do you buy them?

This particular part completely replaces the cat on a Pajero Sport - i.e. bolt-out the cat, bolt this in it's place (and bolt the cat back in for warranty service ;) )

Off the shelf so to speak - sold by small vendors on Thai language motoring forums, with a different piece for every model of course.

Was talking to some Ford India engineers who are over working in thailand at the ford plant, they had photos of the ranger and said it would be released next month.

Sounds great!

Do you now them well, any chance of posting the pics they have?

Yepp, I probably go red. Ford Phuket showed me the existing Ranger red, but didnt like it much. This looks spot on :)

Had a red metallic Ford Excursion with tan leather, and totally loved it. and Durango chili red. and Grand Caravan 3,8 candy apple red, and............

When my wife was in Scotland, she saw a red CR-V and thought ooooooooooh...... nice. Then there was a pretty blue one and she pouted, "Why they have crap colour choices in Thailand?" We bought a dark metallic grey CR-V since most of the others on Thai roads were either the standard white, black or 2 choices of silver.

Why is the Thai market so challenged when it comes to paint choices for cars?

so far it looks like wildtrack comes with black door handles and chrome at some other models. I want them red on red truck ;)

Like my 'all green, all the time' Dodge Ram 4x4 with no gaudy brightwork on door handles, bumpers or grill..... beautiful (until I ran into the drainage culvert).

Yepp, I probably go red. Ford Phuket showed me the existing Ranger red, but didnt like it much. This looks spot on :)

Had a red metallic Ford Excursion with tan leather, and totally loved it. and Durango chili red. and Grand Caravan 3,8 candy apple red, and............

When my wife was in Scotland, she saw a red CR-V and thought ooooooooooh...... nice. Then there was a pretty blue one and she pouted, "Why they have crap colour choices in Thailand?" We bought a dark metallic grey CR-V since most of the others on Thai roads were either the standard white, black or 2 choices of silver.

Why is the Thai market so challenged when it comes to paint choices for cars?

Tell her that the car makers know that everyone will go either bright pink or ricer green/yellow so they want to avoid allowing people to give their brand a bad name too easily :)

imo that 'gold mixed with poop' color is more an embarrassment though.. gotta be real douchy to drive those cars.

'Hey guys i drive dem gold to look like im rich, im so rich i dont even care that my car looks horrible. Dem fat sexpat look like brad pitt next to me cause im so rich'

just a heads up, was in Lad Prao Ford Dealer today buying a Fiesta and out in the service centre was a Wildtrak DoubleCab? T6 I asked my sales guy and he said that almost all dealers now have a showroom model soon to be displayed. I had a climb in but i must say was expecting something like a fiesta style console interior inside but instead it was a bit of a mishmash of controls & colours. The outside was as good looking as the previous pictures but im not convinced on the interior myself.

Was told that this model was 754,000thb and the Ranger will be on sale next month with delivery in 2 months of ordering.

Sorry i cant be more informative than that

just a heads up, was in Lad Prao Ford Dealer today buying a Fiesta and out in the service centre was a Wildtrak DoubleCab? T6 I asked my sales guy and he said that almost all dealers now have a showroom model soon to be displayed. I had a climb in but i must say was expecting something like a fiesta style console interior inside but instead it was a bit of a mishmash of controls & colours. The outside was as good looking as the previous pictures but im not convinced on the interior myself.

Was told that this model was 754,000thb and the Ranger will be on sale next month with delivery in 2 months of ordering.

Great news!

Some new pics taken at a dealer in BKK. That Gray colour interior kinda reminds me of the Transit sad.gif

post-80555-0-26254200-1309135284_thumb.j

post-80555-0-19398100-1309135285_thumb.j

post-80555-0-95467500-1309135285_thumb.j

post-80555-0-68711600-1309135286_thumb.j

post-80555-0-53817600-1309135287_thumb.j

post-80555-0-38623200-1309135288_thumb.j

Great news!

Some new pics taken at a dealer in BKK. That Gray colour interior kinda reminds me of the Transit sad.gif

Not digging the plastic floor at all :bah:

What is this? some type of cross between the Wildtrak and a Taxi-pack?

What a let-down...

Yeah, I'm not feeling that floor at all.

I don't think this is the car like refinement they've been banging on about.blink.gif

I hope this is just an early prototype!

Great news!

I think your all in for a shock. The one i sat in was even worse than this. The seats didn't match the interior as the above photo, EVERYTHING was cheap grey plastic, and the stereo wasn't like this one console unit it was like something out of the 90's. I Guess they really cut some corners to get this in the price bracket??. I thought like the photos from south africa it was going to be put together like the fiesta on the inside but with a few specs missing.

I had to get out and double check i was in fact inside the New Ranger.

Great news!

Not digging the plastic floor at all :bah:

What is this? some type of cross between the Wildtrak and a Taxi-pack?

What a let-down...

Yeah, I'm not feeling that floor at all.

I don't think this is the car like refinement they've been banging on about.blink.gif

I hope this is just an early prototype!

I just noticed the odometer reading!whistling.gif

It's done nearly 15,000 KM, this has to be one of the early test cars.smile.gif

I think your all in for a shock. The one i sat in was even worse than this. The seats didn't match the interior as the above photo, EVERYTHING was cheap grey plastic, and the stereo wasn't like this one console unit it was like something out of the 90's. I Guess they really cut some corners to get this in the price bracket??. I thought like the photos from south africa it was going to be put together like the fiesta on the inside but with a few specs missing.

I had to get out and double check i was in fact inside the New Ranger.

Well, that all depends on grade/price. VIGO J, D-Max SX, Triton GL are all the same with cheap finishes inside, crappy old CD stereos etc - but for 500K Baht you wouldn't expect anything more. The T6 Ranger lineup starts here too of course.

It's only when you start payign 800K up for a higher spec truck that you expect more - but no carpet in a model like the Wildtrak is simply bizzare :blink: