Replacing Honda Wave Shocks

realthaideal

Anybody else beat their bike up so bad that they need the shocks replaced ? I've taken alot of speedbumps, dips and pot holes too quickly over the last few years and now my bike's riding low and even the smallest road irregularities feel rough.

I drive alot every week and feel the need to replace is urgent, but have no idea what to spend and even what model shocks can deal with a 100 kilo Farang best.

Any help with shock specs and prices is greatly appreciated.

i would get proper OEM replacements if i were u ,and get from a reputable shop

theres tons of fake chinese immitation "honda" parts out there but be wary of anyting that seems far too cheap

a lot of thai people in my area have put gas shocks on the back of their scooters but i dont know if this improves the ride much or

they do it because it looks cooler B)

i need better /bigger /stiffer shocks too so il keep an eye on this thread ,mine can ground out if i hit a speed bump or pothole too fast but me at 100kg + a passenger is probably more than asian scooter suspension is designed for :rolleyes:

Edited by wana

Yeah, thanks for that. There's alot to be said for genuine parts. I'll start investigating this afternoon. I'm 90kg myself and at times I've driven another Farang around town and over speed bumps. What's strange I suppose is the suddenness of noticing that they gave out and can't take a bump. Doesn't seem like it was gradual at all. I hope I get more leads.

An excellent replacement for the stock Honda shocks for the Wave are the YSS RC302-330T-19 and RE302-330T-19, they "made in Thailand" and are top quality shocks (they even look cool).

More information http://www.yss.co.th (English and Thai information)

The YSS shocks are also sold in Europe (UK) for the Honda Innova 125 (the European Honda Wave 125i), so guess that they can handle the extra farang weight... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Richard-BKK

Replacement is easy I've done it a few times. Upside down forks are usually a harder set up than conventional. I suspect the OP has already been to Honda as they are not expensive.

Upside down ones if I remember correctly were 2500. "Conventional" a bit less.

KICX0009.jpg