True 3G And True Hspa Coming Next Month

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you buy a prepaid 3G sim and switch to post-paid at a later date and can you get a micro-sim or do you need to get the sim cut to size? (anywhere on the island)

i think u just buy the sim and either put it in your phone or they put the sim in an aircard. the sim has to be set upf for 3g though.

i would like to know the down load speed or if it is crap i might aswell keep my land line connection.

also would like to know it relyablity

does it keep crashing ?

is there 3 G in donsak and suraththani

As before still waiting for a ping test to show 10 or more on Samui....5 would be good....hell 1 would be an improvement for some! laugh.gif

if i had a big problem with lack of internet then i would buy an air card but this connection is not too bad for 1000 baht per month.

iw ould like to be able to play playsation 3 games online though i might have to wait another few years for that

As before still waiting for a ping test to show 10 or more on Samui....5 would be good....hell 1 would be an improvement for some! laugh.gif

if i had a big problem with lack of internet then i would buy an air card but this connection is not too bad for 1000 baht per month.

iw ould like to be able to play playsation 3 games online though i might have to wait another few years for that

Looking over at the Pattaya thread they are getting excellent speeds but it seems prices are 3x what you are currently paying. When this service arrives...well its up to you if its worth it....

Can you buy a prepaid 3G sim and switch to post-paid at a later date and can you get a micro-sim or do you need to get the sim cut to size? (anywhere on the island)

i think u just buy the sim and either put it in your phone or they put the sim in an aircard. the sim has to be set upf for 3g though.

i would like to know the down load speed or if it is crap i might aswell keep my land line connection.

also would like to know it relyablity

does it keep crashing ?

is there 3 G in donsak and suraththani

I'm picking up one tomorrow, 899 a month 500 free minutes, 300 sms, 50 mms and unlimited gprs and wifi, let you know how it goes. Was best deal i could get with my phone

They asked me if I wanted a small sim or normal sim, so presume they have both

1gb contract is 350 baht a month, just need a photocopy of passport and no upfront fees, sim free.

havent really played with it much yet but seems okay checking gmail etc..

bangrakbob,

it took 24hrs for it to fully work, in that time i had anywhere between 1 to 2 bars and no 3g, now stable 4/5 bars, so prehaps it takes a while to activate, but i did reset the tablet so that might of helped

They asked me if I wanted a small sim or normal sim, so presume they have both

1gb contract is 350 baht a month, just need a photocopy of passport and no upfront fees, sim free.

havent really played with it much yet but seems okay checking gmail etc..

bangrakbob,

it took 24hrs for it to fully work, in that time i had anywhere between 1 to 2 bars and no 3g, now stable 4/5 bars, so prehaps it takes a while to activate, but i did reset the tablet so that might of helped

yeah I needed to reset the phone, working a treat now

Bought the True H sim today - set up all as per instructions (not very thorough and no troubleshooting or FAQ), can't even connect, not connecting. SMS and voice call ok.

Which phone/modem are you using? Full model description if you please.

iPhone 4, all working well now. can't give you guys speed details as i'm not sure how to find that out on the phone, but it isn't slow

Come on folks...let's see some ping test results....rolleyes.gif

this morning PING: 115 ms DL: 2 MBS UL: 1.8 MBS

Seems to be faster than that when i'm using the phone but that's the results in Bangrak, I'm happy with it thus far

Better than I've had before with an aircard....that's not bad at all!

Hi, is CAT 3G now available?

What "router" and what subscription plan should I take for having Internet on my two computers, iPhone, iPad?

Or maybe it would be cheaper to share through one of the computer if internet comes through an USB key?

And if you have prices..

Thanks !

Bought the True H sim today - set up all as per instructions (not very thorough and no troubleshooting or FAQ), can't even connect, not connecting. SMS and voice call ok.

iPhone 4, all working well now. can't give you guys speed details as i'm not sure how to find that out on the phone, but it isn't slow

I know little to nothing about iPhones, so perhaps head over to the Tech forum. But you'll be looking to use your phone as a Wireless HotSpot.

Alternatively, you would be looking at something like this Portable 3G Wireless modem. It creates a wireless connection for up to five computers.

Perhaps they now have an updated option in order to take advantage of the faster speeds.

I know little to nothing about iPhones, so perhaps head over to the Tech forum. But you'll be looking to use your phone as a Wireless HotSpot.

Alternatively, you would be looking at something like this Portable 3G Wireless modem. It creates a wireless connection for up to five computers.

Perhaps they now have an updated option in order to take advantage of the faster speeds.

thats interesting a wires air card that can use 5 computeres. so basically i could buy 1 to share between me and my misses rarther than 2 air cards. B)

Does anyone know if the True 3G/HSPA service will be coming to KPG and when?

Thanks!

you'll have to contact true move

i ahven't the number on me at the moment. next time i crab my phone i'll send it unless someone beats me to it

thats interesting a wires air card that can use 5 computeres. so basically i could buy 1 to share between me and my misses rarther than 2 air cards. B)

It looks that way BigC, but the response will slow down if more than one user of course. (And if your misses is smart, she could probably find out what you are up to!!!)

This service has been available for a long time via CAT in all of southern and northern Thailand (excludes Bangkok and surrounding areas). I get approx 1.5 Mbits down 0.5 mbits up with the service on KPG and have been pretty satisfied. Sometimes I have 3 devices hooked up at the same time (two laptops and an iPhone).

So theres 3g now on Samui? I cant see anything about coverage on Samui on True's homesite. Also what kind of packages are there? Thanks!

I called the call center - they say they have it now ( first said did not, a friend said they did..... finally they said yes). Seems like the call center and web are out of pace with the roll out ( slow ).

Please, with True, CAT, what are actual offers in 3G WITH router included, so I can have all my wifi devices with it?

Thanks

There are off the shelf 3G aircards which serve as a WiFi hotspot - just ask at Pantip.... When i was buying my aircard, i saw a more expensive one at True shop called "MiFi"..... i assume it means Mobile Wifi, and assume its a wifi hotspot too using the 3G sim. You better check, i cud be wrong.

warning - there is still a 3GB limit as far as i know, so you will max out quickly if alot of equipment connected. (not sure if you can buy more GB per month )

This service has been available for a long time via CAT in all of southern and northern Thailand (excludes Bangkok and surrounding areas). I get approx 1.5 Mbits down 0.5 mbits up with the service on KPG and have been pretty satisfied. Sometimes I have 3 devices hooked up at the same time (two laptops and an iPhone).

I'm not sure why you are quoting my post, as your reply is not related to my post, nor relevant to this thread. You write of CAT CDMA, which is a different service.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

warning - there is still a 3GB limit as far as i know, so you will max out quickly if alot of equipment connected. (not sure if you can buy more GB per month )

Thanks,

Oh! I need an unlimited offer, is there some?