Honda Cbr 1000 Cc Hurricane.

brianmarinus

Hi!

Just bought my first big bike out here and need some advice.

Honda CBR 1000 cc Hurricane.

What kind of oil to the engine is good?

Think its getting a litle to hot-eny ideas?

When I start,it is slow and I have to use the clutch a couple of times to get some power.?

The old Honda CBR1000F was a great bike in its day, but Honda stopped calling it a "hurricane" in 1989 and it went out of production in the '90's so you've got a pretty old bike.

Do you know anything about its service history?

If it's been "maintained" Thai-style I'd recommend you download the service manual and do ALL of the periodic maintenance and checks you can find.

At the minimum, inspect and bleed the brakes, flush and replace the coolant, check the valve clearances and have the carbs cleaned and synched.

Remember your bike was designed to run on gasoline and NOT gasohol.

Good luck!

The old Honda CBR1000F was a great bike in its day, but Honda stopped calling it a "hurricane" in 1989 and it went out of production in the '90's so you've got a pretty old bike.

Do you know anything about its service history?

If it's been "maintained" Thai-style I'd recommend you download the service manual and do ALL of the periodic maintenance and checks you can find.

At the minimum, inspect and bleed the brakes, flush and replace the coolant, check the valve clearances and have the carbs cleaned and synched.

Remember your bike was designed to run on gasoline and NOT gasohol.

Good luck!

Sounds like good advise, and good luck from me too you gonna need it, unless you are a good do it yourself mechanic.