Dog Baskets

anonymouse

There's pet shops all over CM so why don't you just go in one and ask, i doubt if there is much of a price difference in any of them and your probaly find one quicker than it took you to post :o and if someone does know of a shop that does them cheap then the chances are that it will cost you more in gas to get there than you are saving :whistling:

There's pet shops all over CM so why don't you just go in one and ask, i doubt if there is much of a price difference in any of them and your probaly find one quicker than it took you to post :o and if someone does know of a shop that does them cheap then the chances are that it will cost you more in gas to get there than you are saving :whistling:

Thanks for the reply, I remember now why I hadn't been on the forum for so long :whistling:

any other takers?

Edited by anonymouse

Thanks for the reply, I remember now why I hadn't been on the forum for so long :whistling:

any other takers?

Thats no problem and good luck in your quest to find one of these very rare commodities :lol:

Try Ran Raksath Overseas petshop on the Superhighway in between the (old) Carrefour and the Makro, next to Tigerbeer furniture shop. :)

I've seen doggybeds there, not sure about baskets though.

Another option is the petshop on the canal road close to Ban Nai Fan 2.

Third option: there seems to be a petshop in the parking lot of Airport Plaza. Haven't been there, but I've heard they have some nice stuff there.

If you have no luck, you can always put a blanket or large pillow on the ground. That is what I do, as it is easier to wash when dirty.

Depending on how big your dog is but we bought one of those black oval shaped plastic tubs you see for sale everywhere for our golden retriever, ( I believe they're sold as cement tubs), it also doubles up as a cooling pool for him in the hotter weather when we half fill with some water for him, best 600 baht we've spent on him

Try Ran Raksath Overseas petshop on the Superhighway in between the (old) Carrefour and the Makro, next to Tigerbeer furniture shop. :)

I've seen doggybeds there, not sure about baskets though.

Another option is the petshop on the canal road close to Ban Nai Fan 2.

Third option: there seems to be a petshop in the parking lot of Airport Plaza. Haven't been there, but I've heard they have some nice stuff there.

If you have no luck, you can always put a blanket or large pillow on the ground. That is what I do, as it is easier to wash when dirty.

Thanks Nienke, if anyone would know It had to be you :D I'll try the first option as I'm out in Doi Saket and that seems the nearest to me, if I don't find anything the large pillow and blanket could be an option

Depending on how big your dog is but we bought one of those black oval shaped plastic tubs you see for sale everywhere for our golden retriever, ( I believe they're sold as cement tubs), it also doubles up as a cooling pool for him in the hotter weather when we half fill with some water for him, best 600 baht we've spent on him

Thanks Jonny, she's about the same size as a retriever it's another option to add the ideas from Nienke.

In the U.S., we had a nursery/greenhouse operation and usually took the dog to be with us when we worked in the greenhouses in the winter. Usually, the temp was about 10 deg C, since we were trying to keep nursery stock dormant. We had one of those airline-style dog crates and that we'd bring into the greenhouse where we worked, put a blanket in it and covered it with another blanket and left the door open. The dog was more than happy to spent all her time in the crate -- and she'd try to hide someplace in the house so she didn't have to go back out with us after lunch! Finally she convinced us she could be trusted to remain alone in the house with the cat, so she got to spend her afternoons in front of the woodstove along with the cat.

Incidentally, the cat had one of those wicker cat baskets, with a small opening, similar to ones I see at the wicker shops on Chang Moi. The dog would have had to been pretty motivated to extract the cat from that basket. I think the lure of the woodstove heat made the dog respect the cat even though normally they couldn't be trusted together.