Pattaya Super Bikes

monty1412

In patts for the weekend.. man the riding sucks here...

anyway dropped in to Pattaya Superbikes and met Gareth the owner. Nice guy.. showed me through his range of Shark helmets. he has some great bikes there that looked very clean and in great nick.. some nice R1's.. a black one their to die for, a great CBR600RR.. thinking thinking thinking and a hayabusa amongst others.

I was impressed wit Gareth... he spent allot of time with me going through helmet selection etc.

I have no commercial association or interest in this operation but after being in a few other places in Thailand where the service was lacklustre to say the least i thought Gareth was very pleasant and willing to take time and explain and dam_n near have his whole selection of helmets on the counter.

He does offer service where if you tell him what you want he will search for it and see what he can get.

Again no vested interest here in fact probably would be cheaper for me in long run if he had of been an a'hole to me but just impressed with what seems to be a pretty clean operation with some very nice bikes.

Rgds Monty

Hi Monty,

It's nice to hear about a good report on a bike shop. One hear so much negative stuff these days, that it's refreshing to read this kind of report.

Cheers

Garry

anyway dropped in to Pattaya Superbikes and met Gareth the owner. Nice guy.. showed me through his range of Shark helmets. he has some great bikes there that looked very clean and in great nick.. some nice R1's.. a black one their to die for, a great CBR600RR.. thinking thinking thinking and a hayabusa amongst others.

I was impressed wit Gareth... he spent allot of time with me going through helmet selection etc.

I have no commercial association or interest in this operation but after being in a few other places in Thailand where the service was lacklustre to say the least i thought Gareth was very pleasant and willing to take time and explain and dam_n near have his whole selection of helmets on the counter.

He does offer service where if you tell him what you want he will search for it and see what he can get.

Again no vested interest here in fact probably would be cheaper for me in long run if he had of been an a'hole to me but just impressed with what seems to be a pretty clean operation with some very nice bikes.

Rgds Monty

Hi Monty,

It's nice to hear about a good report on a bike shop. One hear so much negative stuff these days, that it's refreshing to read this kind of report.

Cheers

Garry

Thanks Garry, I visited red baron some time ago and got crap service and mentioned it on board so I guess to be fair and balanced I should reotrt both the good and the bad. Just wish Pattaya had something like 35% of Samoeng loop nearby.

cheers Monty

Rgds Monty

Gareth is a nice guy but if he's going to sell top end motorbikes he needs a good workshop to support his customers, he knows this already as I've told him, come on mate - road machine are robbers I'm sure you can do better

- road machine are robbers

why is this ? any example ? I have bought few bits and and got some work done and he seems ok ?

cheers

I used Road machine from way back and over the years he started to take the piss, charginbg for stuff he didn't do - over charging etc, I stopped using him, I have a very fast and powerfull Honda and I need to make sure everything is done properly, the last bill I got from him was for 15k baht - new fuel pump - new FPR and new battery, it didn't need the battery nor did i request one when I asked him to put the old battery back in he couldn't find it !!!!!, the FPR wasn't done (still leaking fuel) and the pump was the old one opened up and messed up, that was over 300 sterling I paid him for what, I then had to get a new pump FPR myself - total bill to me was 500 sterling, never again. I never thought I'd say this but he is a crook.

Edited by smedly

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys for the compliments,it makes the hard work worthwhile.

Here is an update for you,please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will try my best to answer them.

Cheers

G

Dear All,

Well it's been nearly 2 years down the line since we opened the shop,I'm very pleased to say it's been a blast,we have had our moments but all in all there has not been anything we couldn't cope with.I have also had the pleasure to meet many nice people and was also able to make a difference and help them in most cases,I personally feel this is the reason why I opened the shop in the first place.

Pre registering all the bikes has helped no end with sales and also customer confidence,we are continuing with this policy and all the bikes will have a book in place,although some new arrivals in the shop will have only the tax paid certificate available whilst processing the book,most books are taking 1-2 months to arrive,some exceptions but no longer than 3 months so far,we have done over 40 books now so it seems things are pretty reliable for us,probably because we pay top rate but get them and they are always correct.change of ownership is taking us next day to 1 week depending on the paperwork,local registered bikes a couple of hours as we are close to the transport office.We can offer advice on any book issues and in most cases find a solution for you,advise is free and you don't pay a penny until you get your book.

Our servicing department was doing fine until I stopped using the mechanic as he tried to steel parts off a customers bike,we are in the process of building a purpose built workshop at my home so we can control things a little better,(seems the mechanic we were using learnt plenty of tricks from "Scott",(shame really as he knows his stuff),at the moment we are shipping bikes up to a friend in Bangkok for servicing so that they get done properly,it's a little more time consuming and a fraction more expensive as they get trucked up there,but at least the bikes are done properly which works out cheaper in the long run especially after Somchai down here in Pattaya has ****ed ****ed them up.

We are continuing to stock the great SHARK helmet brand,they have new models coming soon for 2012 unfortunately stock is limited due to production and lead times are around 4 weeks from order,we still have around 40 helmets currently in stock.

We also now supply tyres with most major brands available,Michelin,Dunlop,Pirelli,Metzler,Bridgest one available for delivery next day(subject to availability).

We stock a few batteries but only Yussa brand.

We can supply service parts such as EBC brakes and cheaper brands,we also have been ordering stuff from the states for some customers but it's not cheap with shipping costs and duty,but if you need it we can do it.

All in all we are slowly getting there,it's better to walk before you can run and we will continue striving to get things right rather than trying to make a lot of money quickly.

I wish you all well for 2012 and hope to meet old and new customers in the shop very soon.

Best Regards

Gareth

PATTAYA SUPERBIKES Thailand Ltd